Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Models
08-03-2006, 05:10 AM,

Thanks! I don't know if you can tell at that size, but I actually made the pictures look painted using a filter in photoshop, and then I did another filter to get a canvas pattern over the image.

If someone can get me some pictures of TES3 ebbedin, I'd be glad to make more.
Lol what?
08-03-2006, 05:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Thanks! I don't know if you can tell at that size, but I actually made the pictures look painted using a filter in photoshop, and then I did another filter to get a canvas pattern over the image.

If someone can get me some pictures of TES3 ebbedin, I'd be glad to make more.

I bet Bethesda did something similar too. Sometimes they resort to the same solutions us mortals do. For instance, a little-known and fun factoid is that the shingles on Imperial buildings in TES3 comes straight from 3D Studio Max's stock textures. I forgot who mentioned it to me, but I doublechecked and it's true Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-03-2006, 05:16 AM,

lol, that's funny. Are there any good sized ebbedin pics in the gallery?
Lol what?
08-03-2006, 05:27 AM,

lol, that's funny. Are there any good sized ebbedin pics in the gallery?

http://gallery.silgrad.com/thumbnails.php?album=9
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-03-2006, 06:13 AM,

Thanks Razorwing. Now, I have the same number of paintings as I do glass cups; 10.
Lol what?
08-03-2006, 08:30 PM,

I made tons of pictures. I have on display all 10 ebbedin ones, and I also made 10 paintings out of the concept art in the gallery. I also had an idea while doing this for purchaseable homes. What if you could buy different types of furniture from different stores and things? Like, there could be a master painter who sells paintings that will go into your house, and after you will be unable to buy any other paintings until you sell the ones you already have, by selling the certificate thing that you buy to get it in the first place. That would make buyable homes even better.
Lol what?
08-03-2006, 08:42 PM,

I made tons of pictures. I have on display all 10 ebbedin ones, and I also made 10 paintings out of the concept art in the gallery. I also had an idea while doing this for purchaseable homes. What if you could buy different types of furniture from different stores and things? Like, there could be a master painter who sells paintings that will go into your house, and after you will be unable to buy any other paintings until you sell the ones you already have, by selling the certificate thing that you buy to get it in the first place. That would make buyable homes even better.

From what I can tell, they look nice! The top nine look unnaturally white though. Perhaps you could give it a milky or serpia tint, to look more like canvas?

I think your idea is solid, and could be applied to great effect in Solutis. Before the game was released I always assumed Bethesda had taken a cue from the buyable- and moveable furniture TES3 mods, and that there would be fullblown furniture stores in the game with an almost Sims-like arrangement. Turned out to be much more simplistic and unnatural... If a modder had made the furnishing system in Oblivion I had been impressed, but a multi-million dollar game company should have taken advantage of being able to modify the actual source code, and built in a proper furnishing system.

Then again you could probably squeeze in an additional, buyable home in Ebbedin and have one of the NPCs be a painter if you'd like. Just a matter of finding a solution that would fit into the context. For instance it's not inconcievable that one of the villagers would like to move, so if you wanted you could have a fully furnished home with an NPC eager to sell. When sold, just a matter of enabling/disabling a door combo to make the door to the house lead to a new, unfurnished interior set up to handle your furnishing idea. And how to fit a painter into a poor fishing village? Either by making him have it as a hobby when he finds spare time, or make him out to be an elderly, retired fisherman.

Just me throwing ideas on the table. Smile What do you think?
Angel mired in filth
08-04-2006, 12:57 AM,

hmm, a buyable home in ebbedin? There could be a buyable home up there, but I was thinking more of furniture differences somewhere in Reich P{arkeep and other major cities. There could be more furniture varieties in Ebbedin, but only one store that imports them, and they aren't that good.
Lol what?
08-04-2006, 01:01 AM,

Like Waterfront District of the Imperial City buyable home?
08-04-2006, 01:22 AM,

??? there was a buyable home in the waterfront? Since when?
Lol what?