Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Models
09-11-2006, 04:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Hmm, why couldn't speed tree do it, basically, all I want is a tree with a wide base and a top with many branches, bizzare and few leaves, and muck hanging down from the top.

EDIT: and I was hoping to do Necrom after Ebbedin, or is that TR's area? I hope not.

SpeedTree only has a few select tree types to choose from, so it's no coincidence that Oblivion uses the kind of trees it does. To really get that impression of Bitter Coast I think we need to go with static trees. With emphasis on think in this case because I sure as heck don't want to lay down what can and can't be done in SpeedTree he he, but I find it very unlikely that SpeedTree could get close to what a Bitter Coast tree looks like.

TR is doing Hammerfell, I think. Doing Necrom is a wonderful idea Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-11-2006, 09:01 PM,

Hmm, I was just seeing if it was free. Ok, well if it is, can I be (I hesitate to say mayor) gravekeeper someday?
Lol what?
09-16-2006, 02:50 PM,

Hey, new model request update: We need the central chamber of the manor like in this pic:

[Image: mbvlzjknxi.jpg]
Lol what?
10-24-2006, 03:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
hey flesh, about how much work has been done on the BC Trees? I want to see my pretty trees soon, but take your time. Keep in mind I want them before the next release of Ebbedin.

Sorry, just noticed this. I don't remember agreeing to it but I have no problem trying it out. All I need is the bark texture, and the type of leaves texture you need, the hanging down stuff can be a separate mesh like the hanging down things on the Mushrooms.

On the topic of SpeedTree, Razorwing, I believe you wanted me to fix up some problmes with the trees I made? Now would be a great time to remind me which trees and what problems Big Grin
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
10-26-2006, 01:41 AM,

Hmm? I was told you'd be working on the trees. It said awhile ago in Visual Dev claims for modellers you were working on them.
Lol what?
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM,

To answer FLESH's question, they do need LOD for one thing, and the trunks seem to appear black in-game.

For Bitter Coast trees (not to be confused with Beyond Cyrodiil BC), do you know what they look like in TES3?
10-26-2006, 07:07 PM,

If anyone needs screeners, reference models, or anything else from TES3, I'M your huckleberry. I still run Morrowind and have even helped Evil Bob ™ in the pre-shack days and hopefully soon in the post-shack days. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
10-26-2006, 07:19 PM,

In the open jobs thread you can download the reference files.

The muck hanging down...I think that should be possible. The tree Snow Gum Free or something like that has muck in it.
Lol what?
10-26-2006, 07:36 PM,

Ok then. Give me pics and references, and I will do the best I can.

TID: I have no idea what you are talking about, trees work fine for me in-game :eek:
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
10-26-2006, 08:01 PM,

FLESH:

The reference models for the BC trees are available via the Open Jobs thread. If you have specific screenshot requests or a request for a model missing from that 7Z file, I'll be glad to get that for you. If I misunderstood your request: well, I'm not all that bright. Smile

Thanks,
Steve