Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of Ebbedin
07-27-2006, 02:57 AM,
History of Ebbedin
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Ebbedin is a small Redoran fishing village situated in a swampland (reminiscant of the Bitter Coast on Vvardenfell). It's famous for its lighthouse on the neighbouring peninsula. There's little in the way of services here, with everyone except the Redoran noble Llyid Vares being engaged in the fishing trade just to survive.

Quote:Silgrad Lore
Ebeddin is a small fishing village, situated on an island in the West Bitter Coast Region. A shadowy argonian on the opposing riverbank can ferry passengers across the sea to Vvardenfell. The village is recognized by it's two long bridges, connecting the island village with the mainland. The architecture is distinctly Redoran, although some imperial influence is also present.

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Vares' (the Hetman or "mayor") wealth comes from operating a mine. In the TES3 mod it was a kwama mine, and lay on the mainland to the west, and there was an elaborate quest that saw the player cure the diseased kwama queen.

1. Ferry to Gnisis
2. Craighton's General Store
3. Vares Manor
4. Guard House
5. Fothas Gilnith's Shack
6. Bredasu Oran's Shack
7. The Old Watchtower
8. Hlavora Faryon's Shack
9. Andosi Shand's Shack
10. Ebeddin Lighthouse

-Image and information originally from Silgrad Lore - maps provided by Razorwing
07-27-2006, 04:37 AM,

Something that I didn't mention is that in our local lore, Vares' wealth comes from operating a mine.

In the TES3 mod it was a kwama mine, and lay on the mainland to the west, and there was an elaborate quest that saw the player cure the diseased kwama queen. With the added size of the island in our TES4 mod, it might be better to situate the mine on the island? Either way works, so that's your guys' call.

A kwama mine might be a bit much since we don't have animated kwamas or any easy means of importing them if we did, but if it could be an ore mine instead I should be able to whip up a Morrowindy ore container (rock) fairly easily.

Then again if we situate it on the mainland it could be pushed on the future, which could theoretically mean we could have at least one animated kwama creature when the time comes to mod it.

What do you guys think?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-28-2006, 05:55 PM,

Wow, I didn't even know he owned a mine. I wanted to put a Kwama mine on the island, but we don't have any Kwamas or eggs, so I put a claim for an Iron mine instead. I could always make it so that he owns the mine, but did I call it or what?
Lol what?
07-31-2006, 07:31 PM,

Hey, read my book i posted in the literature development board. I made an ancient history of Ebbedin.
Lol what?
08-01-2006, 11:19 PM,

A History of Ebbedin

Ebbedin was once an uninhabited island, back before the day of Lord Nerevar. After the Battle of Red Mountain and the massacre of the Sixth House, Dagoth refugees escaped to make a home on the far side of the island, away from the sight of the usual temple ships and trading ships that pass by. The refuge survived until 10 years later, when House Indoril chose the island to make a colony on. Shortly after the Indoril colony was completed, the Dagoth refuge was discovered and alerted to the officials of the Temple and House Indoril. The Temple sent Ordinators, led by General Triffith Indoril of House Indoril, and the dagoth colony was soon wiped out. Later, there was an invasion of the small indoril colony as depicted in the book series "The Poison Song", and it burned to the ground, but was replaced by another Indoril Settlement, this one was one big building where everyone lived on the inside (I think it's called an Abbey, but I don't know). Then, a man by the name of Sovor Ebbedin landed on the site of the old Sixth House refuge, decided it was a great vantage point for ship and trading routes after there was a new trade route established there to trade all around the Empire which could bring some economy in for House Redoran, so he built another colony on the high cliff that the refuge once stood. 50 years later, there was an earthquake, and the cliff fell into the ocean as the island split apart, so they built again on the rubble. Legends say that there is some Sixth House influence on the island, and though it has yet to be proven, there was a higher percentage of dreams sent by Dagoth Ur than the usual cities like Balmora and Almalexia. This may be also that there was technically no temple to be found in the Redoran colony, but the Indoril settlement possessed one, and there were no Dagoth dream sendings there at all. The population of Ebbedin slimmed at that time as more moved to the Indoril settlement to seek cures for blight, corprus, and Dagoth dreams that seemed to be spreading around. More are returning to Ebbedin though, ever since the Nerevarine ended corprus and blight disease. The progress is showing, for the first time ever, Ebbedin built it's first tavern 2 years ago, and the island itself is becoming a major travel route. the future is certainly looking bright for Ebbedin.

EDIT: This plan is impossible because it breaks lore of an already pre-existing island elsewhere in Morrowind. I wish I had studied more on lore back then...
Lol what?
08-02-2006, 12:30 AM,

so is there still an Indoril colony? like five to six Indoril style homes?
08-02-2006, 12:54 AM,

I think Redoran colony with the help of the temple to rid the area of heiracy.
08-02-2006, 01:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I think Redoran colony with the help of the temple to rid the area of heiracy.
actually what TID is saying is... Big Grin

I think that the Redoran Colony, with the help of the Temple, will or already has rid the area of heresy

if anyone wants to correct me go ahead, my english is only good enough to talk to people with...
08-02-2006, 01:06 AM,

No, me says to have Temple + Redoran help another themselves to destroy Dagoth. Big Grin
08-02-2006, 02:11 AM,

but redoran wasn't there during the time of dagoth settlement. they built a colony on the ruins of dagoth on the cliff, and the cliff fell, most of the island sunk, became swampy, and they built another town on the ruins of the old one.
Lol what?