Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for texturers
10-03-2007, 04:54 PM,

Ghogiel: I don't get a popup when opening dds files. That's probably why I never figured out how to edit them Big Grin

n00biepl0x: Nice work :goodjob:

You'd have to extract it to your Oblivion install if you want to play it, but if you just want to check out the textures and such then you don't need to.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-03-2007, 05:12 PM,

Razorwing: You know, you don't get that pop-up when opening them, but when saving them. you can check or uncheck the box "save as mipmap" or sumthing.

Here's my kynareth tapestry:

1.Oh and what did you think of the wall texture?
2.Shall I upload the dds files (dxt3 and the normals dxt5?)
[Image: 2copy.jpg]
"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"
10-03-2007, 05:38 PM,

Textures used on models have to have mip-maps otherwise they won't display. Icons and similar on the other hand should not have mip-maps.

The wall texture had strange, pinkish glow to it. I'm not sure why. The full texture in your dds looks like it always did, so it must be related to the mip-maps.

Yes, please email them to me.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
10-03-2007, 09:00 PM,
Texture request: Landscape replacements
Ahh, a note about the dwemer textures, much to my chagrin, i found that the set that came with RideWithTheWind's exterior models was perfect for the models i had, so you can take that down.

However, i do think i need a new landscape and rock texture, which is closer to the original TES3 west gash. The current TES4 textures are in my opinion, too light, and not rocky enough. They don't fit well with the color of the dwemer ruins.

@Razorwing: do you think we should replace the current WG textures if i get new ones made? or should i just have this as a special Dumac texture. My personal feeling is that Silgrad's West Gash rocks clash horribly with the west gash ground texture, but it's up to you and doesn't affect me much either way.

Anyways, here's a screenshot. The Morrowind rock texture i need is on the left, and the morrowind ground texture is on the right. Also attached are the original morrowind textures. tx_wg_rockydirt_01 is the ground texture, and tx_rock_wg_01 is the rock texture.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-03-2007, 09:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by n00biepl0x
Razorwing: You know, you don't get that pop-up when opening them, but when saving them. you can check or uncheck the box "save as mipmap" or sumthing

Thats the nvidia dds plugin save dialog options.

I get a dialog box on openning a dds file. Its allows me to open with default options or with a few other settings. and gives the option to view the mipmaps. I wuld post a screen shot, but its a pain to do that kinda thing for me.
AM NOT A TEXTURER
10-04-2007, 01:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Textures used on models have to have mip-maps otherwise they won't display. Icons and similar on the other hand should not have mip-maps.

The wall texture had strange, pinkish glow to it. I'm not sure why. The full texture in your dds looks like it always did, so it must be related to the mip-maps.

Yes, please email them to me.

I edited the wall texture in the way that, when tiled, there wouldn't be those lines. It's a small modification and has a lot to do with blending and mirroring specific parts of the image. I don't know why it has that pinkish glow though.

I'll zip the textures and upload them tonight or tomorrow. Now I'm a bit busy.

Ghogiel:
I get a pop-up too but that 1 says:
- open using default sizes
- 32 bit
- 16 bit
- 4 bit

http://www.mediafire.com/?8f4nuwfwszg
those are the files
10-04-2007, 06:23 PM,

the next 3 tapestries are probably the hardest. It'll take a while I think.
10-04-2007, 11:37 PM,

Thanks n00biepl0x, they look great :goodjob:
I think you forgot to add a transparancy map to the Julianos tapestry though.

[Image: th_NewImperialTapestries_scr1.jpg] [Image: th_NewImperialTapestries_scr2.jpg]
Angel mired in filth
10-05-2007, 03:48 PM,

could be, I'll send the right one to you in a minute ( by mail this time ok?)

edit: yes I forgot to delete the background layer.
10-05-2007, 05:41 PM,

here's my mara tapestry, It worked out easier than I thought when I came to know that the knot was called the reef knot. The last 2 will be hard because they're not squares but a square in a octagon (is it called like that?) in a square. some pieces have to be highlighted and that's a bit hard because of the woven effect. and they have little icons on the edge, that is going to be an awful lot of work... I'll do my best. anyway: here's the mara tapestry.

I haven't made a dds file yet, but I'll do that soon and I'll mail or upload them (what do you want razorwing? mail/upload)