Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRE 9.0 - (Bug Report)
10-19-2006, 10:44 PM,

TheImperialDragon: Why do you think that?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-20-2006, 12:01 AM,

Because, I forget where it was originally stated, but when something havok-tied comes into contact with a single collision mesh, the WHOLE thing gets tested. With the bridge as one whole big model, that is a lot of collision, and a lot of FPS loss. Splitting it into eight pieces might help out with that and allow a more complex collision mesh.
10-20-2006, 12:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Because, I forget where it was originally stated, but when something havok-tied comes into contact with a single collision mesh, the WHOLE thing gets tested. With the bridge as one whole big model, that is a lot of collision, and a lot of FPS loss. Splitting it into eight pieces might help out with that and allow a more complex collision mesh.

The bridge is split into four pieces (three models). The collision mesh on the arched section consists of 199 faces, the one on the quadsupport column consists of 330, and the one on the extra leg is only 12 faces. I.e. they are extremely optimized.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
10-20-2006, 12:59 AM,

Then what is causing the FPS loss? ?(
10-20-2006, 01:49 AM,

i don't think its the bridge, it happened again for a minute while in side the city walls. i don't think its my computer, it never happened before
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
10-20-2006, 08:16 AM,

I use the CS a lot.
It has one big problem it doesn't manage memory very well (in a bad way).

If I go in-game I have the same problems (not every time).
After restarting the CS (a few times) without restarting the comp it becomes worse. If I go in-game near the bridge I get from 1 - 4 fps (for sure).

Restarting the comp solves (for me) this problem.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-20-2006, 08:42 PM,

Well, disabling the bridge via console doesn't work, so it probably isn't the bridge after all, though it probably did help a little with the FPS... Obviously there's something there that is messed up.
10-20-2006, 08:54 PM,

One of my theories was that it had to with LOD. Since there isn't any, maybe that gives the game a hard time? If so I think it'll be fixed with the release of the SLE landmass esm (pls correct me if I'm wrong).
Angel mired in filth
10-20-2006, 09:02 PM,

No, I generated LOD for my Reich Parkeep. There are no problems. At least for the landscape anyway that I know of. I think it will need to be looked at in the CS. I'll have a look when I get back.
10-21-2006, 05:04 PM,

Speaking about the original problem here, I found that if I have on any other mod at all, even Ebbedin, it will do the water thing in any city i go to
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.