Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP 8.0 - Return of the Dragon (Bug Report)
08-10-2006, 01:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quick question, did you empty the Meshes folder before extracting v8? Because I think I dropped one or two textures since v7. The stem texture for the toadstool comes to mind, since it now uses tibmaker's proria stem texture instead. I think there was one other that's not used anymore but I can't recall which at the moment. Just so you don't spend a long time on those few particular textures that aren't in use anymore. =)

Yes, I do remember clearing out the meshes folder before v8 (good drink, btw), but I think I started on my normal mapping project before that, so I may have a few of those textures in my file. I'll check it out though.

As soon as I get back I'll upload what I have done. If you find anything in there that you don't need, don't hesitate to delete them. Wink There are a couple I'm replacing though.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-10-2006, 02:17 AM,

I have a problem. When I go through the portal I end up in the water then I swim up and half the land is missing and I don't know why... Please help
Jack of blades
08-10-2006, 04:05 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Jack of Blades
I have a problem. When I go through the portal I end up in the water then I swim up and half the land is missing and I don't know why... Please help

I think you have to download the latest patch for Oblivion. Smile
08-10-2006, 09:32 AM,

Serious? Damn, no RP for me then Sad .
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
08-10-2006, 09:49 AM,

Can you give me some info about which files (version) you (Jack of Blades) load including the version of the game etc.

I have no problems with the RP alpha 80 without the patch or patched.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-10-2006, 10:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
why? if you need to patch no-dvd version, plz send me a PM, I'll tell how to do this
08-10-2006, 10:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
why? if you need to patch no-dvd version, plz send me a PM, I'll tell how to do this

Sent.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
08-16-2006, 12:49 PM,

I just have to reiterate number 15, the lose of frames. I went from 30 fps in the town area to 1-2 frames all near the brigde

but really great work on everything guys, Reich Parkeep is really coming together. I havent seen it in a while since i've been away, but yeah, its looking great :bananarock:
08-16-2006, 12:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by masbeth
I just have to reiterate number 15, the lose of frames. I went from 30 fps in the town area to 1-2 frames all near the brigde

but really great work on everything guys, Reich Parkeep is really coming together. I havent seen it in a while since i've been away, but yeah, its looking great :bananarock:

Through conversations with HeIsTheDarkness, and later Darknel over at NifTools, I've come to the conclusion that the cause of the framerate loss near the bridge is caused by overly complex collision meshes. The same effect happens elsewhere where there are overly complex collision meshes. I'm trying to remedy as much as possible of that effect for the next release, and the bridge is on the top of the list. Smile (just ahead of the Velothi Arena)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-16-2006, 04:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by masbeth

Through conversations with HeIsTheDarkness, and later Darknel over at NifTools, I've come to the conclusion that the cause of the framerate loss near the bridge is caused by overly complex collision meshes. The same effect happens elsewhere where there are overly complex collision meshes. I'm trying to remedy as much as possible of that effect for the next release, and the bridge is on the top of the list. Smile (just ahead of the Velothi Arena)

Yes, I had another similar framerate loss when I was trying to test out the collision of some of the bottles you modelled, Razorwing.