Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim: Ebb01 - Ferry to Gnisis (Claimed, Finished)
08-13-2006, 01:46 AM,
Claim: Ebb01 - Ferry to Gnisis (Claimed, Finished)
One of the reasons people come to Ebbedin is to get a ride to Gnisis. There is only one boat to take them there. Your job:

Make a good enough interior It can be a little wealthier than things should be, but that is because the boat is also run by the people in Gnisis.

The interior is that of the Bloated Float. The main house will still be used as a tavern, but not a clean one. Dirty it up a little, but not too dirty, like a few cups on the floor or something like that.

The cabin is just for the captain. This is a basic cabin, not a pirate one, so be sure to use the default cabin object. Keep it simple, nothing too fancy or decorated, and not poor as heck either.

There is a crew, and they sleep below below deck, you know, one floor down. The crew consits of, a barkeep, a maid, a navigator (who hangs out outside most of the time), and someone to rent a room to you.

Above the crew quarters are a few rooms for people to sleep while going to Gnisis. With longer routes due to Skyrim invasions and Oblivion gates, the journey now takes a full day, so the player will need a place to sleep. If you want, you could make a few traders who use the boat all the time to travel around, selling their wares, and trying to sell clutter to the player. The rooms are very simple, just a bed, and not a very good bed, and a bit of clutter, just to add some decoration or something like that.

There is no way to exit the boat once you pay to set sail. the boat leaves only a little while after the player pays for a ride, so make sure the player can't leave after that. The doors are scripted so just the player can't exit, but only the Navigator can, just to avoid the fact that there is no open waters, unless you really want to make it realistic, but I don't know about the possibility of land or islands because the boat won't technically move. If you can, make the player automatically wake up 24 hours later, like when NPC's wake the player up.

Think you can do it, go ahead and claim it. Ask me if you want to add anything to what I already listed above. Have fun! :goodjob:

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until either IAMTHEEMPEROR or TheImperialDragon ok's it, which they/we usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on oblivion.esm, and Reich_Parkeep.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the Ebbedin Board for the latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.

(note: This boat will not go to gnisis unless we tie in Silgrad Tower and the Vvardenfell project together. We may need to pick a different location, like the imperial city)
Lol what?
08-14-2006, 06:07 PM,

I will take a go at it...
No, I am not german.....
08-15-2006, 04:56 AM,

Granted. Smile :check:

If you could post updates on progress every now and then (every couple of days preferably), that would be awesome, thanks. :goodjob:
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM,

umm, I don't know about this. I posted the most up to date Ebbedin as an ESP, and it was supposed to be an ESM, so if you are using an ESM to mod, it's probably not the right one. I'll get an ESM version up in a few.
Lol what?
08-15-2006, 04:51 PM,

Alright, I will just do the basic furniture and stuff for now, so it will work if I use it with a different esm...
No, I am not german.....
08-15-2006, 05:01 PM,

well, the correct Ebbedin esm is up there now. As long as you didn't do anything to the outside, it should work fine.

And schnauzerhead, I am really sorry I have no names for the NPC's. I've never played the morrowind Ebbedin, so I don't have any names for you. Just use the name generator or make up your own. Besides, I think the travel NPC is the only one in the morrowind version too, so names do need to be thought up. Good luck :goodjob:
Lol what?
08-15-2006, 06:50 PM,

Well, I have some screens....

[Image: ScreenShot7.JPG]
This is just the upstairs of the boat, it is pretty much ready for npcs, which I will do later tonight or tomorrow.

[Image: ScreenShot8.JPG]
This is just another angle....

[Image: ScreenShot9.JPG]
This is the servants quarters, (Lower deck) for the navigator, the barmaid, and the barkeep. The captain is going to be the person who rents out rooms....

[Image: ScreenShot10.JPG]
This is the room that the player will be able to rent..

Note: I still need to add clutter and stuff downstairs, and also need to make the captains quarters....
No, I am not german.....
08-15-2006, 07:49 PM,

Wow, that is very very nice! Just a few things:

Picture 1: The table is too close to the door. If people are gonna be walking by there, things are bound to get knocked over. There is also an absence of chairs.

Picture 2: It is more visible in picture 2 than in picture 1, but the room is pretty empty in the middle. see if you can clutter it up a bit, and definately add some lights.

Picture 3: It looks very good, but also disorderly. When the crew wants to go to bed, they will end up walking all over each other. If you can, can you get the beds suspended on a slab connected to the wall to give them a bit more comfort and space.

Picture 4: the player's room looks great. if you can, try to make the bed suspended like the servants' ones.

All of the pictures: the lighting is great, but try to make it a bit more whiteish orange than yellow, and add some lanterns and candles around the ship.

Below is a pic of the beds that go with the ships.

It is looking really nice so far. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see the NPC's soon! :goodjob:
Lol what?
08-16-2006, 01:03 AM,

I made some npcs and the cabin, but my path generation is not working, which is a huge problem as you probably know. It crashed the program and lost me a couple hours of work, which is bad, but not as bad as it not working, I will try to reinstall it and everything and if not, I will look for a solution online, or if any of you know what I can do.. Edit: This is the error:assert RK C:\Projects\tes4\TES Shared \ TESDataHandler.cpp, 3096

For now, I am just going to do everything but the path grids.. if I do the AI ok and make the interiors and the such, someone else should be able to do the pathgrid pretty fast..
No, I am not german.....
08-16-2006, 03:35 AM,

I'm not an expert when it comes to pathgrids, so sadly I don't have a solution. ask someone who is better with something like that, like someone making a house claim or something.
Lol what?