Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb07 - The Old Watchtower (Claimed, Finished)
08-24-2006, 03:29 AM,
Ebb07 - The Old Watchtower (Claimed, Finished)
The Old Watchtower is ebbedin's only inn and most successful buisness. Here, the player can buy a bed for the night, go to the bar for some Mazte, or relax in Ebbedin for once. It is a large Redoran Tower with beds in the basement and services on the upper two floors. The NPC's should include an inkeeper who sells you a room, a bartender who sells you food and drink, and other NPC's who are also staying at the inn.

This is supposed to feel warm and cozy inside, so add plenty of cusions and rugs, a fire, and cheery people.

Don't attatch it to an Exterior, I will take care of that as well.

Model: Redoran Guard Tower Model.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until TheImperialDragon ok's it, which he usually does.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on Oblivion.esm, and Silgrad_Tower.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the Ebbedin Board for the latest information. Don't forget to add a pathgrid.
Lol what?
11-15-2007, 10:03 PM,

I wouldn't mind having a go at this, perhaps. I do have a few questions though. Will I need to do AI and dialog, and would I need to set up the script to allow the player to rent a room? Because I'm not really very good at any of those three things (although I did manage to make a working inn in Morrowind, and I suppose it can't be that much different in Oblivion), so they won't necessarily turn out brilliant, if at all.

The rest should be easy enough, I've always wanted to make an inn for Oblivion Smile

Oh, and my modder abbreviation is AL.
PROJECT SERPENT
Dungeon Designer

PARADOX MOD TEAM
2nd In Command
Dungeon Designer
11-15-2007, 10:16 PM,

Hi there, welcome to Silgrad Tower!

:wave:

Quote:Originally posted by The_Terminator
I do have a few questions though. Will I need to do AI and dialog, and would I need to set up the script to allow the player to rent a room?

The answers in order of the questions: Yes, yes, and yes. Wink

Because I'm not really very good at any of those three things (although I did manage to make a working inn in Morrowind, and I suppose it can't be that much different in Oblivion), so they won't necessarily turn out brilliant, if at all.

I can help walk you through it if you want. I mean, I'd rather not explain everything (that's what the CS wiki and Google are for Tongue) but I will help you if you're stuck or can't find the right information. I'll also be reviewing the claim with you when you're ready. Smile

So... are you still interested? If yes, it's granted. :check:
11-15-2007, 11:22 PM,

Yep, I'm still interested Smile

I've used AI before, so I know how to do it- I'm just not very good. I've never done ordinary dialogue, but it should be a good learning experience for me Smile As for the inn script, I expect I could just copy one of the scripts used in one of the vanilla inns, change the references it points to, and it should work. At least, that's what I did with my Morrowind inn.

I should be able to work most of it out, but if I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask.
PROJECT SERPENT
Dungeon Designer

PARADOX MOD TEAM
2nd In Command
Dungeon Designer
11-15-2007, 11:39 PM,

Okay. Smile
11-16-2007, 01:40 PM,

I've used AI before, so I know how to do it- I'm just not very good. I've never done ordinary dialogue, but it should be a good learning experience for me Smile As for the inn script, I expect I could just copy one of the scripts used in one of the vanilla inns, change the references it points to, and it should work. At least, that's what I did with my Morrowind inn.

I should be able to work most of it out, but if I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask.
Other sources of info:
Have fun! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-16-2007, 02:21 PM,

Hey, thanks, thet 'Technical Information concerning interiors' thread is really useful Smile
PROJECT SERPENT
Dungeon Designer

PARADOX MOD TEAM
2nd In Command
Dungeon Designer
11-18-2007, 01:21 AM,

We'll make sure you're good at AI before you're done this interior. :brew:
11-19-2007, 04:33 PM,

OK, first problem... which model should I use for the interior? I know it says Redoran guard tower model, but I can only find the exterior in the CS.

Also, when looking at other cells, I sometimes get a missing mesh error (big yellow exclamation mark), for seemingly random objects. It seems a few of the models needed by the esm are missing, but I've downloaded both public update 6, and v2.75 of the esm, and extracted it all with 7-zip, so I'm not sure what could be the problem. Also, the ground textures used in Ebbedin don't seem to be there- again, I've no idea why.
PROJECT SERPENT
Dungeon Designer

PARADOX MOD TEAM
2nd In Command
Dungeon Designer
11-19-2007, 10:21 PM,

You will need to become an ST Modder and download the private version of the assets before those objects will show up in the CS properly. I attached a screenshot of the exterior of Ebbedin in case you wanted to see it. Smile There's also an old video and map.

Additional info about public and private versions of the assets can be found here. Info on the new "closed beta" system (third item down).

The interior model you should use is StInRedBuilding08. You can also use StInRedHutBasement01 for the basement. Sorry about that not being in the original post. Sad