Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kriss - Swords Showcase
05-06-2005, 02:26 PM,
Kriss - Swords Showcase
Quick note: my swords here are just models for 3d max 5.1 without textures (unless specified), and no game-specific placement and sizes (usually, I just can't remember).

Their names might sound weird, because I used them just for me to understand "who is who".

I didn't bother about polygon count, but it's usually between 1k-4k (IMO it's normal, since once I placed 12 roman colums of 20k triangles each without framerate losses on my 1Ghz/256/64GF4MX440).

black[/hr]

Armageddon | Broken Sword | Comados*? | Fang
[Image: bild-klein-1118453367-56.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118453472-57.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118453524-58.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118453644-60.jpg]

Crusader* | Fantasy | Crystalline Flammard*? | Fantasy Steel Flammard*
[Image: bild-klein-1118453592-59.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118453702-61.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118453811-62.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118453870-63.jpg]

Katana (Single-edged)* | Katana (Double-edged)* | Mantis*? | Norman Longsword*
[Image: bild-klein-1118454552-64.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118454600-65.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118454655-66.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118454700-67.jpg]

Russian Sword | Shadow Blade** | Side Sword* | Spatha*?
[Image: bild-klein-1118454784-68.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118454826-69.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118454896-70.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118454952-71.jpg]

Venom | Windslayer*? ? | Xcalibur2000*?
[Image: bild-klein-1118455001-72.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118455060-73.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118455121-74.jpg]

Zweinhander 1* | Zweinhander 2* | Zweinhander 3* | Zweinhander 5 |
[Image: bild-klein-1118455166-75.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118455219-76.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118455264-77.jpg] [Image: bild-klein-1118455365-78.jpg]

black[/hr]

* Might be seen in mod Exotics Boutique "Pour la Guerriere" for TES3
** Shadow blade: A piece of shadow set: sword + armour.
? Includes texture(s), whole or partially.
? ? Includes texture(s), whole or partially. Windslayer is a Named Viking sword, and the title is written with viking runes on this blade.

Note: This post was put together by Razorwing and migrated from the old forum. I've put together an HTML backup of the old thread (somewhat edited, before I decided to migrate it). The old thread is now deleted, as all info is in this thread.
05-07-2005, 03:36 PM,

:goodjob: :goodjob:

Lovely swords! The Comados really looks menacing. Do you have a backstory for your swords? What influenced you when you crafted them?

Oh, and I'm curious, did you pin down any Morrowind-related stats for them? So we know which is meant to be powerful and which is meant to be common and such.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-07-2005, 04:31 PM,
@ Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
:goodjob: :goodjob:

Lovely swords! The Comados really looks menacing. Do you have a backstory for your swords? What influenced you when you crafted them?

Oh, and I'm curious, did you pin down any Morrowind-related stats for them? So we know which is meant to be powerful and which is meant to be common and such.

I'm glad you like them, but actually I planned to create them as a set of simple real weapons because I wasn't satisfied with Morrowind models. BTW 3d max engine can render any model better than it possible in Morrowind, so don't think that they were as good in Morrowind, as they're here.

I didn't think about stats (I'll attach .esp file for some of them, ones which were present in EB. It wasn't me who wrote stories and stats for them.), but Armageddon, Fang, Venom, Broken sword, and newer version of Crusader might appear in Oblivion as Crystalline set of weapons Wink (equivalent of daedric from one of the old RPG games, colour you might see on the Crystalline flammard, only darker, and a little different).

Zweinhanders are swords used by austro-hungarian mercenaries (some of them are actually flammards usually wrong called as flamberges).

And many other weapons are also have their equivalents in RL (since I copied them from reference pictures).

Attachment deleted and moved here by Razorwing
05-07-2005, 04:49 PM,
@ Kriss
Aah, ok. I thought you made them up Smile Bethesda never had a problem with borrowing from real life either, so I doubt anyone would bother you about lore. I can't wait to play with those swords in Oblivion!

I don't know much about textures but I've heard Oblivion will have specular and bump mapping and thing like that, so weapons can be glossy this time around instead of the permanently matte weapons in Mw. I'm sure you know more about that than me.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-07-2005, 04:50 PM,

Very nice Kriss! Amazing looking swords, and they will definately be gorgeous in game. Especially in Oblivion! Can't wait!
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
05-08-2005, 09:18 PM,

Awzome models Smile
Some textures could use more loving care imo Smile
Killing imperial legion ppl since 2002 and still they keep coming.
Community idiot and modder. (Currently learning to model stuff and breathe)
I can: - Use TES CS - Walk - Re-Texture - Yell really loud (I mean REALLY Loud!)
05-08-2005, 10:04 PM,

Hi Kriss,

I really like your swords and among them the Windslayer is one of my favourites. I have one question: would it be possible to make a version with the inscription in Daedric runes?

Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-09-2005, 01:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Donny
Awzome models Smile
Some textures could use more loving care imo Smile

Thanks. Are you DonTheDunmer from ESF?
Probably, actually there aren't too much textures on them. As I said, they're mostly plain models, but anyway can you give me some hints what to tweak? Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Hi Kriss,

I really like your swords and among them the Windslayer is one of my favourites. I have one question: would it be possible to make a version with the inscription in Daedric runes?

Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

Greetings

Quentin

Hi, and thanks. Smile
I don't know daedric, but it's simple... It's only a texture after all...
05-10-2005, 12:35 AM,

Here's the Daedric font, in case you want it and don't have it Smile
Angel mired in filth