Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #009: Kanath Ancestral Tomb [Finished]
01-05-2009, 06:53 AM,

(sorry for the late message, RL and AL -army life- have been usurping my time of late)
Ennbjof has only a few lines. In fact, there really isn't too much dialogue in this quest. The continuation which I have in mind would have considerable amounts of dialogue, but I haven't quite pieced together the plot yet for proposal.
01-05-2009, 08:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by earendil
(sorry for the late message, RL and AL -army life- have been usurping my time of late)

Bloody hell! Another one! That's ThePriest909, Simyaz, me and now you who all have military connections and are involved in modding...and there was me looking to conceal my modding addictions from my more uncompromisingly 'butch' comrades for fear of being unfairly accused of 'geekhood' :eek: ! I may have to reconsider.

QUOTE: "I'm a PC and I both kill people for a living and enjoy making computer games." Odd indeed!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-06-2009, 04:48 AM,

It helps that I do a technical job in the military (Satellite Communications) so almost everyone here plays Oblivion and Morrowind anyway. They've moved on though, past Fallout 3 to some game called Fantastic Contraption (they all tend to be fickle in game choice).
01-06-2009, 02:55 PM,

I managed to fix Ennbjof's dialogue and associated scripts for the final portion of the quest. Here is the revision.
01-06-2009, 08:32 PM,

Do you have a text file of Ennbjof's dialogue, by any chance? I could do the voicing then. Or nudge SACarrow and he might be willing to do it...dunno anything CS-dialogue-related.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-07-2009, 06:25 AM,

Here is the dialogue for every character. Only Ennbjof (Nord), Narthas Kanath (Dunmer) and Arvil Kanath (Dunmer) have any dialogue and Arvil has the most, which isn't much, I don't think.

Ennbjof's dialogue is simple and direct, almost simpleton-like, until his last lines which show his falsehood.

Narthas is a resurrected spirit, and an angry one at that.

Arvil has spent the last several thousand years in a cave trying to get a Nord out of a sword, so you can imagine he is a little fatigued.

Hope this helps Smile.
01-07-2009, 06:52 AM,

Well earendil beat me to it, but I figured I'd do a standard Gecko dump of the lines, so here they are. Smile Some suggested pronunciations:
  • Psijic - SIGH-jik
  • Artaeum - Are-TAY-um
  • Ennbjof - IN-be-off (with the last two syllables said quickly)
  • Floki - like Loki with an F in front. Big Grin
Shall I ping Andy on the Arvil lines, or do you wish to destroy your own lungs, Steve B? :lol:

Steve
01-07-2009, 04:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Shall I ping Andy on the Arvil lines, or do you wish to destroy your own lungs, Steve B? :lol:

No problemo, Steve C....unless one of the new guys wants to break into a Dunmer role...? It's a short script though so it'll be done v. quickly. And I never really struggle with pronunciation issues... Smile
01-28-2009, 01:59 PM,

This is a bit later than intended, but I managed to have a look at this cave. Is the quest finished? I wasn't sure whether it was or not... The final quest entry (90) ends with:

Quote:Now I just need to find where Ennbjof went.
I'm not sure if this was the ending you had intended. I did get a chance to look at the rest of the cavern though (though not the quest yet), and it's very nice. :goodjob: I noticed a few minor issues:

SoluthisLoc009lvl1
  • I'm not sure if you knew this, but objects in Oblivion can be scaled so that they look bigger or smaller. The STEDKanathUrn references, for example, could be scaled down so that their size is a bit more like it would have been in TES3. There are two ways to scale objects - double clicking an object and manually entering the scale, or by holding the s-key while moving the mouse.
  • At the end of the cell (the door to SoluthisLoc009lvl2) the wooden extension floor of the door is suspended over midair. Would you be able to place rocks underneath that?
  • There's a small part of the pathgrid that looks like it could be connected... I attached a screenshot. Blue marks the path I'm suggesting.

Cell SoluthisLoc009lvl2
  • On the way down to the lower part of this cell, there's a pit. Would it be possible to move the rocks so that they are a little bit higher (and should prevent the player from falling very far)?
  • Replace the MiddleBowlRed02 with an ST model
  • Replace the MiddleGobletRed02 with an ST model

I'm looking forward to sitting down and playing this quest. Big Grin It sounds like it should be interesting...
01-28-2009, 03:19 PM,

btw (and in addition to TID's post above), I haven't forgotten about the VA work here. I've just been mad busy lately!