Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis Location #009: Kanath Ancestral Tomb [Finished]
03-09-2009, 06:39 PM,

I've DLed the VW, but I need to process it. Has this claim been merged yet?

Steve
03-09-2009, 06:49 PM,

sandor hasn't mentioned it so I would say the answer is 'no' for the moment.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-12-2009, 05:49 PM,

I just started my review and'll post my comments asap. Smile
A bit later than planned due to RL issues.

@SACarrow
The file hasn't been merged yet.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-13-2009, 06:40 PM,

This was an interesting review. Smile

FYI
I am using a LL character for play-testing (main quest completed).

The faction association (STEDEnnbjofFaction) that likes necromancers doesn't avoid a fight between him and the necromancers because they have a very high aggression setting like 100. The evil necromancers have a negative disposition (hard coded) towards Ennbjof, so the aggression of the necromancers is higher than his disposition towards them hence they attack.

You could try to create a faction for your necromancers that like (+100) the STEDEnnbjofFaction. Set Ennbjof's confidence to 100, stopping him from fleeing.

You didn't attach the script STEDLuminousRussulaKanathScript to one of the luminous russola thus breaking the quest (quest stage 42).

The journal entries for quest stages 30 and 50 don't show up (not triggered).

Why did you add a script to the brazier?

I saw you changed your initial quest lay-out.
It made the sword with the STEDFlokiSwordScript redundant, please remove both of these entries.

Regarding the skeleton script (I set the stage manually to 42).
After activating the skeleton the oil will be removed. You have to reactivate the skeleton to enable Narthas because of the 'return'. Is this intentional?

The StartConversation doesn't work for the trigger zone that changes the quest stage to 70. Ennbjof has to be a member of the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction, if not the NPC will use the Oblivion random dialogue/rumors --> we have our own generic dialogue.
Without this faction you have to increase the quest priority.

Ennbjof's necromancer topic changes the quest stage to 80 (result script) so Arvil doesn't have to do the same in his first GREETING.

Please change the info for the STEDArvilKanathSwordTopic because it's not possible to return the sword (quest ended).

Disable the sword before reaching quest stage 90 because the PC could decide to ignore Arvil and return to the sword or lock the door until the quest stage has been changed to 90.

Please change the pathgrid (screenshot) and fix the StRwLeaf01 on the floor near Ennbjof (flickering in-game, it's bleeding a little).

A suggestion.

Perhaps you could remove a few of the bones in the secret altar container so that the PC has to collect these bones from the urns as well.

A request.

You already completed a few very complex interiors/quests, kudos for that. :yes:
The total number of specific "ED" entries is increasing with every claim and it's impossible for me to keep track of every entry.

Could you add a claim code (e.g. SolLoc009) to the new entries you make for future quests?

It saves me a lot of time (in this case over an hour) and simplifies the life of a reviewer because I don't have to use "use info" or even TES4Edit. Use info doesn't show everything so I have to revert to TES4Edit to check what is referencing what.

TIA.

Last but not least it's a very nice quest and the lay-out is splendid as usual. :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-20-2009, 02:14 AM,

Here is my revision.

The scripts on the braziers are supposed to removeflames when Narthas hasn't been summoned and then addflames when he is summoned (to give dramatic effect Big Grin ). I don't know if it works, I can't check it out right now.

The reactivation on the skeleton is supposed to be you igniting the oil.

I had intended to continue this in another claim. Ennbjof goes to another Altmer Necomancer, a colleague of Arvil Kanath, who is trying to use the sword to unlock the soul of a Dremora he has trapped in a ring. The Altmer can use the potential power from the sword to extract and bind the Daedric power of the Dremora to himself. He had promised Ennbjof that he would give him great power if he would get this sword (which he doesn't, of course). Interestingly enough, the ring is a prison for a wayward Dremora who was in the service of Clavicus Vile (who has a broken shrine further in the chamber). Clavicus Vile asks you, if you find him, to return the ring to him. You were to have several options with this quest:
-You can complete the quest by getting the sword back from the Altmer and giving it back to Arvil Kanath, who unbinds Floki from the sword (and into the dead descendant's body from the entrance, leading to some funny dialogue)
-You can switch sides and help the Altmer, who asks you to kill Arvil for some reason (I forget now, but it was a good reason) then he tries to kill you to get your soul for the purpose (which leads to his death, hopefully)
-You can give the ring back to Clavicus Vile (again, if you find him), who releases the Dremora who in turn asks you for a favor to return him to Oblivion (ensuing fight) and Clavicus rewards you. Otherwise the ring is just a curiosity...

Unfortunately, life is going to lay me out soon. It has been beating me up fairly recently pretty badly and soon I'll be home with my wife and son and too busy to do anything for a long while. I don't know if I'll have time anymore to do any work here, I certainly want to though. I have had a lot of fun and enjoy working with you guys a lot. I appreciate all the support and encouragement I've recieved from everyone. I've never really worked in an environment like this with such a varied and diverse group of highly talented people. If I get any time, I will try to finish this quest in a generically named single dungeon (so it can be renamed later). Thank you, everyone, for the fun Smile. Hopefully, I'll be able to continue!
03-20-2009, 09:17 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by earendil
The scripts on the braziers are supposed to removeflames when Narthas hasn't been summoned and then addflames when he is summoned (to give dramatic effect Big Grin ).
I'll check it, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the update I'll reply asap. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-20-2009, 03:48 PM,

I added a pathgrid to the room were Narthas stands. :check:

The reactivation on the skeleton is supposed to be you igniting the oil.
Noted. :check:

I had intended to continue this in another claim. Ennbjof goes to another Altmer Necomancer, a colleague of Arvil Kanath, who is trying to use the sword to unlock the soul of a Dremora he has trapped in a ring. The Altmer can use the potential power from the sword to extract and bind the Daedric power of the Dremora to himself. He had promised Ennbjof that he would give him great power if he would get this sword (which he doesn't, of course). Interestingly enough, the ring is a prison for a wayward Dremora who was in the service of Clavicus Vile (who has a broken shrine further in the chamber). Clavicus Vile asks you, if you find him, to return the ring to him. You were to have several options with this quest: -You can complete the quest by getting the sword back from the Altmer and giving it back to Arvil Kanath, who unbinds Floki from the sword (and into the dead descendant's body from the entrance, leading to some funny dialogue) -You can switch sides and help the Altmer, who asks you to kill Arvil for some reason (I forget now, but it was a good reason) then he tries to kill you to get your soul for the purpose (which leads to his death, hopefully) -You can give the ring back to Clavicus Vile (again, if you find him), who releases the Dremora who in turn asks you for a favor to return him to Oblivion (ensuing fight) and Clavicus rewards you. Otherwise the ring is just a curiosity...
I like the plot. Smile

...and soon I'll be home with my wife and son and too busy to do anything for a long while.
I wish you the best and have a good time. :yes:

I've never really worked in an environment like this with such a varied and diverse group of highly talented people. If I get any time, I will try to finish this quest in a generically named single dungeon (so it can be renamed later). Thank you, everyone, for the fun Smile . Hopefully, I'll be able to continue!
I enjoyed working with you as well because reviewing your claims was never boring. You're a great scripter (creative) and enriched our mod with a lot of nice content (quests included).

If I get any time, I will try to finish this quest in a generically named single dungeon (so it can be renamed later). Thank you, everyone, for the fun Smile . Hopefully, I'll be able to continue!
I am sure I speak on behalf of everyone, you're always welcome to continue modding for our team whenever you have time.

The esp has been merged. :check:
Thanks for finalizing another great tomb and a nice quest. :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-25-2009, 02:59 AM,
Oops...
In gathering stuff together for the next version of the ST voice BSA, I discovered the work IG did on the VA. I will process that and include it; forgot it with the teaser work. :dunce:

IG: you did the Dunmer work as well, right? Also feel free to remind me of any non-FG work you've done. Right now I know of this, the Dremora fire quest and the Sheogorath-as-apple one.

Thanks,
Steve
08-25-2009, 05:18 PM,

Thanks, Steve (replied by MSN).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]