Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop by and say hello :)
06-12-2005, 07:30 AM,
Stop by and say hello :)
If you like the idea behind the Modders' Resource Library and want to become an initial participant, why not stop by and introduce yourself? Let the rest of the guys and girls know where you're from and what your background in the community is.

Once Morel becomes a physical reality, i.e. after the release of Oblivion, being a participant takes on a different meaning as a participant then is a modder who's personal mod is a part of the dependancy chain, and the modder starts "feeding" stuff upwards for inclusion. So becoming an initial participant is sort-of a declaration on your part that you want to influence the forming project and plan to become an active participant after Oblivion's release. And through the beauty of democracy, you can challenge anything and everything I personally suggest and put it to a vote among the other participants. Smile

Being an Initial Participant of course doesn't require that you upload 3DS models to the database library, as being a modeller is definitely not a requirement ? now or afterwards. But if you are a modeller I hope you choose to upload your models. Whether as a convenient backup place, or as a showcase of your work, or to make it available to our project and others who frequent us. You might get valuable tips and feedback from others here if you do.

Once Oblivion is a reality, the project won't focus as much on 3D Studio Max. Rather, most participants would probably find neat stuff on the internet, get approval from its creator, and then feed it upwards. Having participants who speak different languages is a real boon, as a lot of cool stuff comes out from countries like Russia, Japan, Korea and other places where most citizens don't speak english.

Here's my presentation:

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing 06.05.2005, 03:15
Hi guys (and girls, hopefully) ! I'm Razorwing, and have been a member of the Silgrad Tower project since march 2004. I've been a TES fan since early 2002, when I got involved on the ESF and joined the hyped-up discussions on Morrowind. Will there be horses? Will there be ropes? Welcome, have a fishy stick Big Grin ...aaah. Those were the days, eh?

Currently I'm moderator and web administrator for Silgrad Tower, and do a bit of this and a bit of that, usually having to do with OST (internel project name for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion).

I'm from Sweden, and have moved around all over the country, but right now I live in the middle some 130 clicks west-by-southwest of Stockholm. I have a wife, and a 3? year old son from a previous relationship whom I have shared custody of. Becoming a dad made me a better man.

Quote:Originally posted by NoRemorse 06.05.2005, 06:29
Hey everbody. I'm NoRemorse, real name is Damian, and I'm from Oklahoma, USA. I am currently a junior in high school, for the next two weeks (in which I become a senior), and love video games and my computer.

I have knowledge in modding for multiple games, web design, graphic design, and am learning code right now. I have my own domain now, but I have yet to redesign my web site, as it has no page Wink . NR Productions

I have been part of Silgrad Tower since January 5th, 2004 and had been very active until last autumn, when the board went into coma. Now it is awake and moving again, and I am back!

Quote:Originally posted by Padschild
Hey everybody! I'm Padschild, my real-name is Johan and I live in the Netherlands. I am 15 years old and doing high school. I am currently very busy on OblivionSource.com I am the head administrator of that site, together with Gyarnoc. There will be a new version of OblivionSource later this week, so check it out Wink. I can do all kinds of stuff, from texturing to moddeling and I hope MOREL will grow beyond our imagination!

Quote:Originally posted by Screaming Dude in Vegas 06.05.2005, 21:41
Hi! My name is Screaming Dude in Vegas, my real name is kevin. I'm named that because I got payed 50 bucks by one of My freinds back in high school to scream when we were in vegas, and then got arested for disturbing the peace. Ever since then the name stuck. I'm here mostely to use the resource database after OB is released, but I'm taking a computer animation course this sumer, so I might be submiting some stuff to the database (If I get good enough).

I know I will at least be submitting a tapestry or two, because I think that even I will be able to figure out how to model a peice of cloth hanging from a pole, and I am a half decent pencil artist (I did my advatar [EDIT: which isn't showing up, but it's the deadric mount on waiting for oblivion]) and know a little photoshop. Once OB is up and running I will also be willing to do Voice acting for folks who are completely shy.

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo 07.05.2005, 16:34
Hello everyone, my name is Haplo, and I joined um...a long time ago. I've been a fan of TES, and of giant mods like ST, WI, and TR since 2002, when I first bought TES:III Morrowind. I live in Georgia (USA), I am single...still in highschool. I plan on becoming an Architect, specializing in landscaping, and I plan to minor in Computing/Comp. Tech/Comp. Specs/etc.

Quote:Originally posted by Cheese 07.05.2005, 17:26
Hi everyone, I'm Cheese, my real name is Fabian. I'm from Holland live in a village above Rotterdam. I joined in august 2003. Have been playing Morrowind for almost 2 and a half years now.

Quote:Originally posted by Kriss 07.05.2005, 17:39
Hi, I'm Kriss. I'm from Russia. What can I do? Confusedhrug: Photoshop, 3d max.

Quote:Originally posted by arcadea 10.05.2005, 19:46
hey. Um yea. names arcadea

Former TR achomplishments
A former member of Tamriel Rebuilts Core for 8 months
Negotatioter durring the Silgrad Tower conflict, Core Wars and Bal Oyra conflict
In charge of Tamriel Rebuilts Interios for all maps wile ion the core
Reviewr of Beta Map 1
Got the OOI forum paseed by TR's core
Hired new TR members for different projects
Interiers done 14
Gathered information and files for TR
5-16 Kogomar

Current TR stuff: Reviewer, 6-3 Silmin Dale
Silgrad Tower: Currently trying to organise things
ORT: Currently trying to organise things for Oblivion TR

Quote:Originally posted by Coolman 25.05.2005, 20:50
Hi, I'm Coolman, my real name Drahos, I'm from Solvakia. I currently work on a dungeon for Morrowind (some new weapon will be placed in, may be a new armor). I like 3D modeling, but i just learn 3DSMAX and Photoshop. Most of my models are created in Rhinoceros and just imported to MAX.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-12-2005, 10:01 AM,

Well, my nick, Afrobent, which I use for gaming and surfing purposes, is nicely ambivalent. In danish (I'm danish) it means something like Negro-Joe. But in english, it turned out like something bent in black. Afro-bent. Nevermind. Misleading as my nick is, I'm moderately pale, and have Nord-blond hair Smile I attend gymnasium, which is my... 11th? year of education. Apart from playing RPG's i sing in a boys choir (no, I'm straight, and I have a wonderful girlfriend!) and play classical Double-Bass. I don't have a clue on how to model, but I tend to put people's models to good use. I once furnished a big cathedral, and I am somewhat experienced in exteriors and cave-building. Currently, I am working on a cave with a lot of nice scenery, some of which you can check out in my gallery here on the ST Forums. Attached is screens of my going berserk with N'Dib-trees in Vvardenfell. But after I found out Corv's Ultimate Ranger Mod replaced all trees with activators, I dropped the idea.
- Afro-bent
06-12-2005, 10:09 AM,

Lovely screenies! Especially the second one, I think. Very interesting landscape you have going there.

If you have an opportunity at some point to get hold of (and permission to use) 3DS models you think you'd like to use in your future Oblivion mod projects, I hope you choose to upload them at the library. I'm trying to get some new stuff into it because everyone knows about the swords.

Trees would be hard, though. I think static Morrowind trees would look spooky compared to the ones Oblivion will use. Retextured faces would be even harder to re-use. Pretty much everything else from Morrowind mods would be totally convertible I think.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-12-2005, 10:25 AM,

I guess I should introduce myself? Smile (by the way nice piccies Big Grin )

My name is "Fang" :] my real name is Brandon, i'm 15 (just turned 15, but i'm quite intelligent for my age) I live in a giant mitten. :eek:

Michigan

I started playing Morrowind maybe a year and a half-ago, and I started on the XBox, which I beat only twice, then I got it for PC and started modding not to long ago. I started building houses and such, one of my first mods was a mod called "Seyda Neen Aesthetically Enhanced" (snae) which added a few houses,
edited a bit of the landscape in Seyda Neen, even a travel service, I still have it too. :]

And thanks for the sub-domain guys, i'll try and fill it with wonderful mods. :applause:
06-24-2005, 12:49 AM,

Hi, my name is Jon, and I've been an Elder Scrolls junkie since the Daggerfall days. As I mentioned to Razorwing on the ESF, I think MOREL is a great idea, and would like to get involved.

I don't have any kind of modding work to show for myself, but what I can do is model fairly well. My only limitation right now is that I don't have 3D Studio Max. I use a program called Rhinoceros for modelling. It does export to a number of formats, including .3ds, so I'm hoping I'll be able to collaborate with someone on getting models I make converted to .nif format.

My life right now is pretty hectic, with a graveyard shift job, and an up and coming marriage, so I can't promise or commit to anything at this point. However, I'll do what I can, when I can, which leads me to the couple of images I've got in my gallery here. (Click the link under my name over there in the left column). My current interest is getting Hlaalu architecture legally into Oblivion. Bethesda's PR guy, Pete Hines has already stated that transferring Morrowind assets into Oblivion for public distribution in mods will not be allowed, so that means the community is going to have to produce some lookalikes. Eventually, I'd like to see a full set of Hlaalu buildings for Oblivion come into fruition, with all the graphical features of the new game, like parrallax and normal mapping.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello. If anyone else is working on something similar, please let me know!

Thanks!

-Jon
06-24-2005, 01:17 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by jonrd463
Hi, my name is Jon, and I've been an Elder Scrolls junkie since the Daggerfall days. As I mentioned to Razorwing on the ESF, I think MOREL is a great idea, and would like to get involved.

I don't have any kind of modding work to show for myself, but what I can do is model fairly well. My only limitation right now is that I don't have 3D Studio Max. I use a program called Rhinoceros for modelling. It does export to a number of formats, including .3ds, so I'm hoping I'll be able to collaborate with someone on getting models I make converted to .nif format.

My life right now is pretty hectic, with a graveyard shift job, and an up and coming marriage, so I can't promise or commit to anything at this point. However, I'll do what I can, when I can, which leads me to the couple of images I've got in my gallery here. (Click the link under my name over there in the left column). My current interest is getting Hlaalu architecture legally into Oblivion. Bethesda's PR guy, Pete Hines has already stated that transferring Morrowind assets into Oblivion for public distribution in mods will not be allowed, so that means the community is going to have to produce some lookalikes. Eventually, I'd like to see a full set of Hlaalu buildings for Oblivion come into fruition, with all the graphical features of the new game, like parrallax and normal mapping.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello. If anyone else is working on something similar, please let me know!

Thanks!

-Jon

Jon, you've got mail. Please check the "Messages" in the page header.

Well then, congratulations are in order Smile I wish you and the Mrs. all the best.

I think your models look really great, and they would go a long way in enabling modders to recreate Hlaalu settlements. As I mentioned in the PM, the idea I had is that buildings could be cut up into set pieces, which fit snugly with each other in 256x256x256 blocks. So one could build an exterior in the CS by assembling blocks, similar to how interiors are built. I think one can achieve a great level of diversity that way, with a limited amount of set pieces needed. Taking Concept 2 for example (I love the colors on that one, btw), the basic structure looks like it could be cut into three set pieces: entrance, corner and wall. If it's possible for a modder to to manually place the pylons (I don't know what those things sticking out are called) on the building, the room for diversity is even greater. So, by using set pieces, I have no doubt that hundreds of Hlaalu building could be made to look unique.

I can export models to the NIF format if you want, if you are sure you have mapping and textures set up properly. I'm personally working on figuring out how Morrowind wants me to map textures for them to show up. So unless you're sure, I can't guarantee that they'll be exported properly. But I think it would be a great idea to export them, because I would imagine that the way they look and behave in Morrowind will be similar to how they would look and behave in Oblivion, so it would be a terrific way of testing them out. But I also think a lot of Morrowind modders will love it if you were able to release your models. So I'll do what I can to help Smile

By the way, on the grayish Hlaalu building; the second pylon from the right looks different from the others, almost like the left side of it is sloping. How come?

Anyway, thanks a lot for coming here Jon, the prospect of rebuilding Silgrad Tower never looked brighter [Image: icon16.gif] [Image: icon16.gif]
Angel mired in filth
06-24-2005, 02:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Jon, you've got mail. Please check the "Messages" in the page header.

Well then, congratulations are in order Smile I wish you and the Mrs. all the best.

Why thank you kindly! We're excited... and scared to death. Wink

Quote:I think your models look really great, and they would go a long way in enabling modders to recreate Hlaalu settlements. As I mentioned in the PM, the idea I had is that buildings could be cut up into set pieces, which fit snugly with each other in 256x256x256 blocks. So one could build an exterior in the CS by assembling blocks, similar to how interiors are built. I think one can achieve a great level of diversity that way, with a limited amount of set pieces needed. Taking Concept 2 for example (I love the colors on that one, btw), the basic structure looks like it could be cut into three set pieces: entrance, corner and wall. If it's possible for a modder to to manually place the pylons (I don't know what those things sticking out are called) on the building, the room for diversity is even greater. So, by using set pieces, I have no doubt that hundreds of Hlaalu building could be made to look unique.

As I said in the PM, that's the basic idea I'm going for. Modular buildings worked great in Morrowind, so there's good reason to believe that's how they did it for Oblivion, too. At this point, I'm modelling whole buildings to get the big picture. I'll either slice them up into sections, or create a template and model the pieces seperately.

Quote:I can export models to the NIF format if you want, if you are sure you have mapping and textures set up properly.

I haven't even begun to think about mapping yet. What I'm using now is a basic procedural texture I whipped up in Photoshop. It's just a dirty Balmora Brown with varying degrees of noise. I wanted to get a general idea of what the finished model would look like. I'm considering getting ahold of Gmax to see if there's any possible way I could set up texture mapping in it so it would hopefully be compatible with 3D Studio. I've never used it myself, but I hear it's basically a watered down 3D Studio.

Quote: I'm personally working on figuring out how Morrowind wants me to map textures for them to show up. So unless you're sure, I can't guarantee that they'll be exported properly. But I think it would be a great idea to export them, because I would imagine that the way they look and behave in Morrowind will be similar to how they would look and behave in Oblivion, so it would be a terrific way of testing them out. But I also think a lot of Morrowind modders will love it if you were able to release your models. So I'll do what I can to help Smile

While the intention is to have them in Oblivion, it would be pretty cool to see my models in a game now. I'll see what I can do. Bit of bad news, though: in trying to export that second building to 3ds format, the source file somehow became corrupt. The good news is that the creation of the building was a learning process. I'll be able to redo it, and probably better, in about a third of the time now. Smile

Quote:By the way, on the grayish Hlaalu building; the second pylon from the right looks different from the others, almost like the left side of it is sloping. How come?

I looked at it, but couldn't figure out exactly what you're talking about. It's probably a trick of the light and/or perspective, because those pylons (I think the proper term may be buttresses. Just not the flying variety seen on gothic cathedrals) are just copies of one model.

Quote:Anyway, thanks a lot for coming here Jon, the prospect of rebuilding Silgrad Tower never looked brighter [Image: icon16.gif] [Image: icon16.gif]

No problem! I hope and look forward to getting involved and adding to the already great mod you guys have built! Thanks for having me. Smile

-Jon
06-24-2005, 03:49 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by jonrd463
Why thank you kindly! We're excited... and scared to death. Wink
[...]
As I said in the PM, that's the basic idea I'm going for. Modular buildings worked great in Morrowind, so there's good reason to believe that's how they did it for Oblivion, too. At this point, I'm modelling whole buildings to get the big picture. I'll either slice them up into sections, or create a template and model the pieces seperately.
[...]
I haven't even begun to think about mapping yet. What I'm using now is a basic procedural texture I whipped up in Photoshop. It's just a dirty Balmora Brown with varying degrees of noise. I wanted to get a general idea of what the finished model would look like. I'm considering getting ahold of Gmax to see if there's any possible way I could set up texture mapping in it so it would hopefully be compatible with 3D Studio. I've never used it myself, but I hear it's basically a watered down 3D Studio.
[...]
While the intention is to have them in Oblivion, it would be pretty cool to see my models in a game now. I'll see what I can do. Bit of bad news, though: in trying to export that second building to 3ds format, the source file somehow became corrupt. The good news is that the creation of the building was a learning process. I'll be able to redo it, and probably better, in about a third of the time now. Smile
[...]
I looked at it, but couldn't figure out exactly what you're talking about. It's probably a trick of the light and/or perspective, because those pylons (I think the proper term may be buttresses. Just not the flying variety seen on gothic cathedrals) are just copies of one model.
[...]
No problem! I hope and look forward to getting involved and adding to the already great mod you guys have built! Thanks for having me. Smile

Well, marriage is one of life's three rituals most people go to - good thing one doesn't really have to worry about the last one Wink I don't know if I'll ever get hitched with my girlfriend, but if I do, I imagine I'd have to be mighty drunk to get up in front of all those people, hehe.

Modelling whole buildings before slicing them is probably the best way to go, I think. That way one knows that they'll line up perfectly. Morrowind also seems to use some kind of invisible buffer around their set pieces, so while no set piece is physically 256x256x256, they'll behave like they are and can be lined up with the snap-to-grid.

Aah, ok; well, mapping only matters right now if you want them to look good in Morrowind. I'd expect Oblivion to be more lenient in regards to textures (here's hoping). The models will work fine from a technical viewpoint in Morrowind without mapping or textures, so I can whip up some NIFs that can be checked out in-game if you want? That wouldn't be a problem Smile And frankly the camera in Morrowind is much easier to use than the camera in 3D Studio max. Just enter "togglecollision" (I think it was) in the console and you can move the camera / player character around freely in all three dimensions around the NIF. Quite handy sometimes.

I've attached an edit of your picture and drawn a crude line around the area that at first looked odd to me. But in hindsight, it probably is the light that played a trick on me, so please disregard what I said Smile
Angel mired in filth