Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim: Ebb09 - Andosi Shand's Shack (Claimed, Finished)
09-04-2006, 03:18 PM,
Claim: Ebb09 - Andosi Shand's Shack (Claimed, Finished)
Dunmer male, lighthouse keeper. Let's see, what you need to do, clutter the shack, give a full schedule, like eating, sleeping, working, and passing the time, and that's pretty much it.

[Image: rdmtdfhsbf.jpg]

Plank floor, no firepit.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until either TheImperialDragon or I ok's it, which we usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on Oblivion.esm, and Silgrad_Tower.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the Ebbedin Board for the latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
Lol what?
04-28-2007, 09:03 AM,

I would like to claim this .(do I need the dumner shack models for this ? )
04-28-2007, 02:48 PM,

I believe that he Big Grin is a Dunmer male and also the lighthouse keeper. I'll check in the MW CS and post back.

I may seem a little picky about the Ebbedin characters. That's mostly because I see a sleepy backwater like this as not changing that much in 6 years, no matter how cataclysmic the events were elsewhere. Not that there aren't changes, but they should be subtle, except at the highest levels. For instance, the Redoran noble has to be aware of the fall of Ald'Ruhn.

kingevil: Yes you need the shack set, but with ESM 2.04 and beyond (with the assets), the set is included. If you do a "find text" for "DunShack", you should get a list of all the shack pieces and accessories. Don't use the old unibody "Dunmer03" pieces. If you have any questions on the use of a piece, first search the forums for "shack" and the piece type, like "chimney" or "awning". If that doesn't answer, feel free to PM me.

TheImperialDragon: You might want to update IATE'S post with your preferred seg layout. Maybe also include details such as plank or dirt floors and whether a firepit is permitted.

Later,
Steve
04-28-2007, 03:44 PM,

I have the latest version of the assets ( the public assets) and the pieces are just the no model exclamation points .
04-28-2007, 04:46 PM,

I'll grant it, but I'm not sure about how the shack assets are going to work. SACarrow would seem not to mind you using them though.
04-28-2007, 05:02 PM,

Are the shack assets officially private? I was never quite sure, but I hate to make the shack interiors only available to ST Modders. TID, you've probably seen my policy, which I think roughly tracks that of the Core (ST- & VV-centric; rest of BC can use as well).

I guess my thing is because of the simplicity of the models, would making low-qual public models be practical? I'll leave that discussion to The Powers That Be. Big Grin

Later,
Steve
04-28-2007, 05:03 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Are the shack assets officially private? I was never quite sure, but I hate to make the shack interiors only available to ST Modders. TID, you've probably seen my policy, which I think roughly tracks that of the Core (ST- & VV-centric; rest of BC can use as well).

I guess my thing is because of the simplicity of the models, would making low-qual public models be practical? I'll leave that discussion to The Powers That Be. Big Grin

Later,
Steve

You are the modeller, and you get to make the decision. Smile If you don't want to, then low poly models can probably easily be made.
04-28-2007, 05:09 PM,

I have no objection to the models being made private (kinda flattering, actually Smile) but in that case, an effort should probably be made to do public versions. If the Core has an idea as to how they think that should be done, I'm all ears. Smile

Later,
Steve

EDIT: In the interim, I propose making the private shack assets available to modders on a case-by-case basis (until they've achieved ST Modder status, of course). My personal basis would be simply: do you appear to be an active member with at least a fair amount of history on the board? Clearly kingevil meets that criterion. But that is just a thought.
04-29-2007, 04:59 AM,

Quote:- two finished claims OR Significant contributions to the team
:check:
Quote:This system is still under construction, so please wait until a bit after the public release before expecting to see the board (if you've met the requirements and all). Trust me, you're not missing much right at the moment. In fact, the last post was in February...
I've met that requirement , I'm just waiting for the core to grant me the rank . So could you please upload the models I need to some place like rapidshare and PM me a link ?
04-29-2007, 03:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
Quote:- two finished claims OR Significant contributions to the team
:check:
Quote:This system is still under construction, so please wait until a bit after the public release before expecting to see the board (if you've met the requirements and all). Trust me, you're not missing much right at the moment. In fact, the last post was in February...
I've met that requirement , I'm just waiting for the core to grant me the rank . So could you please upload the models I need to some place like rapidshare and PM me a link ?

It is a very minimal requirement (that should have been made clearer), in the core's eyes, your contributions have not met the quality and standards met by other people who have been granted the ST Modder rank, nor have you worked as hard as other modders who have been granted that rank.