Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim: Ebb14 - Sparrow's Shack (Claimed, Finished)
04-21-2007, 02:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Razorwing: I did that ESP with ST ESM 2.03 and the corresponding assets; nothing else (except the OB ESM) in the CS.

What I did to the ESP using TES4Gecko was to toggle ignore on the entire Dialogue tree and then save the ESP. When I did that additional step, the COC resulted in my PC floating in space like 2001: A Space Odyssey. Sad

What I will do is take that ESP and fix the floaters using the latest ESM and asset set. Then I will post two ESPs: with and w/o dialogue. I've done some additional NPC stuff, so I'll save that ESP and transfer the info later onto a base ESP that is agreed to be working.

Later,
Steve

Not sure if I get what you're proposing 100%, but I understand there will be two ESPs, one without dialogue, one with. Whichever is deemed appropriate to have work continued on will be used, and the NPC data will be merged to that ESP.

What I did to the ESP using TES4Gecko was to toggle ignore on the entire Dialogue tree and then save the ESP. When I did that additional step, the COC resulted in my PC floating in space like 2001: A Space Odyssey. Sad

For that specifically, try placing an XMarker inside the shack. Any XMarker will do, then see what happens.
04-21-2007, 09:18 PM,

I did not experience any warnings after I cleared the DIAL tree using the TES4 PU and the new ESM 2_04.
04-28-2007, 08:02 PM,
Cannot create pathgrid
Almost there. I think I understand dialogue and AI well enough to set up things initially, but I can't set up a pathgrid. More info on this thread.

Thanks,
Steve
05-01-2007, 12:35 AM,
I just can't sleep!
I think I have a reasonable pathgrid and some basic dialogue, at least enough to get it into the ESM. The problem I have now is AI. Right now, I have just two packages: the fallback wander and a sleep package I adapted from someone else. Very simple: sleep 8 hours starting at 4 AM, lock and unlock doors, equip and unequip armor & weaponry. The problem now is that at the appointed hour, Sparrow goes to the bedroll and just stands there.

For this test, I stuck a simple bedroll on the floor and the red PG TH intersects the standing silhouette. The location is near the persistent reference of the bedroll, but she won't sleep; she just stands.

Any things I can look at before just posting the ESP for analysis?

TIA,
Steve

UPDATE: GetCurrentAIProcedure value was 7 (Wander), GetCurrentAIPackage was 4 (Sleep). I have no idea what to do with that. Sad
05-01-2007, 05:35 AM,

It would be that much easier to determine the problem if I could have a look at the file. Smile
05-01-2007, 08:09 PM,
I was afraid of that...
But my searching through the forums at TES only turned up one complaint that looked like mine -- and nobody responded. Sad Here is the ESP and a model for the bedroll. Nothing original, just using a different furniture marker. Place it under Meshes\ST\Dunmer\Shack\Furniture. Also feel free to sub another bed; I've already tried a couple. Smile

Thanks for the help,
Steve
05-01-2007, 09:18 PM,

Why does it say "Bad AI" in the filename?
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM,

Because the AI doesn't work. Big Grin
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM,

Because the AI doesn't work. Big Grin

Mwahaha :brew:
05-02-2007, 03:58 AM,

I looked, it looks like it should work. I'd try specifying the location to "Near Reference" and select the bed as the reference, see if that helps any.

If not, maybe it's the editted bedroll? It might need to be used with certain animations to work, but you said you tested it with other models, so I don't think that's the problem. Confusedhrug: