Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb15 - Buyable House (Claimed, Finished)
09-04-2006, 03:46 PM,
Ebb15 - Buyable House (Claimed, Finished)
This is a buyable house for the player. Just do what you should with a buyable house, and make most of the furniture poor, and the house should go for about 500 gold from Vares. The furniture is bought at Craighton's General Store. The interior is a large shack. Currently, there is no placeholder in Ebbedin to show where the shack goes, but I'll leave that up to the modder.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until TheImperialDragon ok's it, which he usually does.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on Oblivion.esm, and Silgrad_Tower.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the Ebbedin Board for the latest information. Don't forget to add a pathgrid.

Shack Dimensions:

[Image: rdmtdfhsbf.jpg]
Lol what?
05-05-2007, 12:18 PM,

I would like to claim this .

off topic : when will a claim for the lighthouse interior be posted ?
05-06-2007, 12:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
I would like to claim this .

Granted. Smile You can do buyable house quests, right?

off topic : when will a claim for the lighthouse interior be posted ?

Sometime soon, I was planning on putting up those claims after submitting the Ebbedin exterior.
05-06-2007, 06:20 AM,

[quote]Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
]
/quote]
I haven't done one before , but we have some very good tutorials on making one here .
05-06-2007, 05:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon

I haven't done one before , but we have some very good tutorials on making one here .

Reason I ask is in case you need help, so PM if you need help. Smile
05-06-2007, 07:32 PM,

Is there a problem if I edit the vares NPC ?
05-06-2007, 07:49 PM,

Is there a problem if I edit the vares NPC ?

Since Sanpicture made the Vares NPC, perhaps you should contact him? Just to keep a consistent character, Vares' character was made by Sanpicture.

From a technical viewpoint, there shouldn't be a problem just as long as you alter as little dialogue as possible in small steps, adding topics via the result script. There shouldn't be any conflicts as long as nobody else edits Vares in the meantime, which shouldn't happen anyway.
05-14-2007, 05:30 PM,

Here it is . Some stuff that needs changing but cant' be done until the general store is done , or could not be done by me :
-the script door should be te exterior door .
-the script attached in the .txt should be for the 20 stage of the quest , but I cant' place it there because some references are nonexistant until the general store is done .
-the light color wood chest with the reciepts in it should be in the general store . Make sure that it has the correct reference when you place it there .
05-14-2007, 08:58 PM,

Okay, got it. Smile I'll have that review for you sometime either today or tomorrow.
05-15-2007, 11:47 AM,

I looked at the claim:

black[/hr]

SHACK

- Reposition the spoon on the table (S) (Re)
- Spread out those bowls on the shelf (S - Screenshot shows how they behave with havok sim) (Re)
- Reposition the door (Re)
- The StInDunShackRightBody is not placed correctly, align it with the rest of the shack (F) (S)
- Chair is floating (F) (S)

DIALOGUE

Interesting dialogue... Big Grin "Oh yes , I almost forgot to say that the previous owner commited suicide . Don't worry , we got rid of the corpse and cleaned up the shack . "

"Oh yes , I almost forgot to say that the previous owner commited suicide . Don't worry , we got rid of the corpse and cleaned up the shack . " run it through Microsoft Word and add it with a new response text in the previous INFO record.

"You don't have enough money to buy a shack ? You're phatetic ."
Typo on "pathetic".
Sanpicture's dialogue for Vares was a little kinder. Maybe you should change that line?

Topic title: "too much" -> "Too expensive."
Topic title: "decilence" -> "I'm not interested" (suggestion, but do change the title)

You're going to have to add the "STKEebbhouseinquiry" topic via the result script in Vares' previous dialogue (Quest name "StSPEbb03LlyidVarisTalk")

GetGold should be run on target.

MISC

- I think the shack could use more clutter, and a rug somewhere (I think a rug would make it look a whole lot nicer, just me). Containers would be a nice addition too in my opinion.
- Fewer errors than in your last claim Big Grin. Keep it up! :goodjob:

black[/hr]

Have you playtested this yet using placeholder NPCs?