Poll: Do you believe the bytesize of MOREL should be within:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0 - 500 Mb
0%
0 0%
500 Mb - 749 Mb
0%
0 0%
750 Mb - 999 Mb
0%
0 0%
1 Gb or more
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Establishing a limit on MOREL's bytesize
06-12-2005, 08:04 AM,
Establishing a limit on MOREL's bytesize
Originally posted by Razorwing 09.05.2005, 06:43;
Updated 12.06.2005, 09:50

In the past there have been concerns raised that the Morel archive may eventually grow too large for it to be practically useful, as one of the ideas behind it is that participating modders can feed all the resources they need and want upwards in the dependancy chain.

Therefore I'd like to assure everyone that the project will be fair and democratic on this matter, and we'll adjust the project towards the feelings of the majority of the participants. This poll is preliminary, and will stay in effect until if and when there are enough opinions against it - then we can hold a new poll. That will probably not happen until some time after Oblivion's release.

Personally I vote for 1 gigabyte or more. I like gargantuan things and feel they inspire awe, and if we really take off and establish us as the Base Mod to end all Base Mods -- trust me, we won't have problems getting hosted.

After we reach the size limit, I suggest we hold a public vote on ESF where players rate their favourite items in the Morel archive. I don't think it should be a core vote because of the natural bias core members would have with the resources they use in their own mods. Getting a large base of everyday players to vote, on the other hand, should ensure a fair process without prejudice towards one mod or the other.

What is your opinion?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-02-2005, 12:54 PM,
RE: Establishing a limit on MOREL's bytesize
maybe you could split it up into catergories and ask mod teams to do that aswell before they submit. Like a weapon pack
armour pack
building pack
etc etc
08-02-2005, 04:16 PM,

Man, I can't believe my post above is just 1? month old. Feels like half a year Wink I kindof moved away from Morel after the initial buzz on ESF died out. I kept my pet project around because I want to give it a chance after Oblivion is released. Unless several people get really involved in Morel, I doubt it'd amount to much as I'm much more involved with Silgrad Tower.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]