Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwemer technology guild
11-02-2006, 01:27 PM,

Well, I do think this idea has a great potential.
:alert: Please do not drop it only because somebody talked about guns or robots (he must have been inspired by WoW).
I agree that such things won't fit in the tamriel lore. BUT the idea of making quests about the dwemers is good.
For example, there can be a group (not necessarily a guild) of telvani mages trying to understand the mysteries of this lost civilization.

There was such quests in Morrowind ! Look :
Mallam_Ryon's Quests (Sadrith Mora)
Baladas Demnevanni's Quests (Gnisis)

As for rewards.. indeed there can be problems. I think a scuba diving helm can be ok. But if dwemer gadgets are completely excluded... a good old Cyrodiilic Brandy can also be a good reward :wasted:

This is important for the background. If the only thing dwemer related in TES4 : Vvardenfell are some ruins with mecanical spiders in it... well that's quite poor.

(I hope somebody understand what I'm mean, my english is not so perfect... ;()
Dolotai kez okaar...
11-02-2006, 01:43 PM,

Hehe, some high tech related quests WOULD be cool, but only to tease players. They would get regular rewards. Big Grin
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-02-2006, 08:14 PM,

Le sigh

As told before we kinda want to move away from high tech technology if you want hightech play bf2142 with me Smile
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
11-02-2006, 08:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Le sigh

As told before we kinda want to move away from high tech technology if you want hightech play bf2142 with me Smile

Depends what you consider to be high-tech..... and BF2142 installs spyware so I'll pass. Big Grin
11-02-2006, 08:44 PM,

Wait what it does I have it installed?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
11-02-2006, 08:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Wait what it does I have it installed?

Off topic:

it show you adds based on your gaming I believe. I've heard that on ESF forums.
11-03-2006, 03:07 AM,

Really this guild just sounds like mage's guid quest in Dwemer ruins. Really you would be better just putting quest like it in the Mage's Guild questline.
11-03-2006, 09:11 AM,

True, it would have that deja-vu feel. :goodjob:
11-03-2006, 11:30 PM,

If you do mages guild quests yes, but shamaz has an idea here that might have political rewards - the Redoran particularly hate the Imperial Restrictions on Dwemer goods.

With the Legions 'cowering in their Forts' during the opening of th egates, and no Emperor after, could they be thinking that Dwemer stuff might gain them some much needed income?

But maybe the Redorans do not want to oppose the Imperials totally openly, so they support the formation of a 'secret' society dedicated to recovering artifacts, maybe along with Master Aryon who we know loves Dwemer stuff, and has an Imperial Soldier in his museum... Wink

Could there be anything more different about this? It seemed to me that previously it was mainly Imperials who were Dwemer robbing or in the official archealogical expeditions, with a few dunmer turncoats. Now maybe the Dunmer will begin attacking them.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM,

As you may have seen, i love the Dwemer so you have to make this. This would be so cool
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]