Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black marsh heightmap progress
09-18-2006, 12:18 AM,

we need a heightmap... yes, we do...
as for helping Silgrad... I'm already "mayor" of Legio Argonis, i will help Silgrad no worries
09-18-2006, 12:26 AM,

Do you want me to make a height map? I will if you want, I'll make one soon, and acurate. Surly you have seen my Middle-earth height map? If not, http://lankolf.tripod.com/iconoblivion has it in the maps section. It's an old and dead site, but it shows what I am cappable of. If you want some good talent as well, talk to Dark Amedeious, he seems to do a fair job as well, and quick.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 01:14 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Do you want me to make a height map? I will if you want, I'll make one soon, and acurate. Surly you have seen my Middle-earth height map? If not, http://lankolf.tripod.com/iconoblivion has it in the maps section. It's an old and dead site, but it shows what I am cappable of. If you want some good talent as well, talk to Dark Amedeious, he seems to do a fair job as well, and quick.
wow... so you are the lotr guy... amazing...
I used to love LoTR... all my maps made in Warcraft 3 were based on Lord of the Rings, but mostly 1st age stuff.... i salute you Grey Wizard, Gandalf... :yes:

by the way the map looks great... I can see Ered Luin.... the White Mts. and the misty Mts...
the map does however look incomplete though, I guess that's what you meant...
09-18-2006, 01:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
wow... so you are the lotr guy... amazing...
I used to love LoTR... all my maps made in Warcraft 3 were based on Lord of the Rings, but mostly 1st age stuff.... I salute you Grey Wizard, Gandalf... :yes:
Heh, know you figure it out! Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
09-18-2006, 01:17 AM,

:'( Yeah, it's imcompleat. I don't have time to finish it with how busy I am all the time. I have a total of 5 TCs to work on at once, but in essence, as far as I see it, it's all one TC, as everything I make I plan on using as well. Anyway, want me to make the Height map? I only have 512MB ram, but I can still make it.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 01:18 PM,

Very nice looking. :yes: =)
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-18-2006, 04:20 PM,

I posted this Here as well, but FLESH told me to post it here as well.

Quote:OK, I'm starting an ESP named Black Marshes v1.0 and it will contain the height map and the wilderness with all the marshes generated. If we don't like it we can deleat it. BRB with some ingame stuff, I'll show you guys my take on a marsh. Heres my base work map.

[Image: Racemap09S.jpg]

edit: Ok, I finished the Height Map. It's not everything I wanted it to be, but it's accurate to the shape. I hope you like it because I'm not too exsited about the thought of doing that again. I will if I have to, but only if it's too small or somthing. I know there should be mountains near the border zones, those wont be a problem to add, but I wanted to see if this was good enough before I started making it to fancy. Note I made this with the CS, and not Terra-Gen. We don't really need Terra-Gen for such a flat "mashland" kind of map, but if you want me to redo it in Terra-gen PM me.

[Image: 8553wj8.jpg]

OMFG does this much land take a long time to save, nothing I'm not used to though. Just was soo sooo soo very happy with the limited time I had to save and it would in 3 seconds. Those days are over :'(
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 06:43 PM,

could you make the topography gradual? like slightly higher in the northwest and gradually getting closer to sea level at the southeast? because the north/east have more forests and jungles while the rest is swampy and swamp-forest and Hists... also the grey areas are areas more likely to have hills... since those areas also have towns with quarries...

thanks, I know, it's picky, but its only a few very minor and gradual changes :goodjob:
09-18-2006, 09:08 PM,

You got it, I'll do that when I get home from school. It'll be easy to do I suppose. When I am done with the height map I will upload the .raw file and you can apply as you see fit. The ESP I made isn't working right for some reason. The land dosn't apply to the worldspace. BTW, did you guys see the Imperial Fort Tileset that Silgrad Tower made? We need that for every Silgrad mod in production. I say each province just have a texture change to match the enviroment, in our case, black stone. I want to do the world building in places if I may, as well.

Edit: Don't we want the Mountains on the border to be unpassable so nobody goes walking into Cyrodil? I think it would be wise, let me know before I start making super tall mountains on the borders, also, any comments on how I could make the shape better? Is that good enough for the mod? Reply quick, as I hate waiting to help people.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 11:25 PM,

I think impassable trees and forest sounds best, that wouldn't be too hard to make.

edit: I can also make border zones of course, the give a display screen saying, you cannot go that way, go back. I'm sure you've seen it ingame before, no?
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors