Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black marsh heightmap progress
09-26-2006, 03:47 AM,

I know where your coming from, and all I can say is choose one or the other. I won't hinder you for your personal choices, but if you want to be a co-leader of a "TC" you need to understand what you are getting yourself into. Mod first, life second. It's super harsh reality, but thats what I live with everyday. My friends, whom I would be acompanied by everyday, never see me anymore. I have had to make sacrifices, but it's all about values. If you think you will burn yourself out, then just make small contributions, and let us know where you stand. I will never hinder you for making a bold decision, but I will not be pleased if you say you are commited and I don't hear from you for more then 24 hours. Anyway, more importainly, now that that's out of the way, I say your concepts, and am impresed. I wish I had talent to model such peices, but alas I had to rely on my own concepts for my limited talent. Look at my edited post that shows the begining of my models and my concept art. BTW, thank you for being on top of stuff tonight, thats what I like to see from a leader. Cool :goodjob: With some real dedication and some time this mod is going to go far. I can see it now

A Silgrad Tower Production;
The Elder Scrolls IV
Eye of Argonia

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

BTW, I am not more talented then you. Maybe I can make a wicked height map, but I bet you can model better then me. Point and case... I wouldn't be asking for your help if I thought I could do this all by myself. I want to help your project.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-26-2006, 07:52 PM,

hahaha, well I am not good a modeling... I have modeled muckspunge... barely...
but I do like to draw and in my free time I usually draw concept art for mods..
09-26-2006, 07:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Wanna see somthing, you got it, but you need to be on more man, your the leader when Swedishfish isn't on, which is unfortunatly more often then not, so be on top of things.
I'm on more than you think, it's just hard to read everything.

Edit: This thread has nothing to do with heightmaps anymore. Change up threads or we will have trouble tracking progress.
09-26-2006, 07:57 PM,

@ The Grey Wizard:
I like the models so far, except the dome shaped one is like all dome, not just the top part...
HOWEVER, it wouldn't hurt to have variation... we can have one with a cylinder then a dome, and another that is all dome like a wig-wam... also for the Shaman lodge, maybe a variation in that one is flat top with a weave/mesh over, and another is a weave dome
if you don't know what I mean I'll be happy to draw it... I like drawing
09-26-2006, 08:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SwedishFish
Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Wanna see somthing, you got it, but you need to be on more man, your the leader when Swedishfish isn't on, which is unfortunatly more often then not, so be on top of things.
I'm on more than you think, it's just hard to read everything.

Edit: This thread has nothing to do with heightmaps anymore. Change up threads or we will have trouble tracking progress.

Thats good. I just wish I would get more help with production. Can you model at all, I know my models rather suck.

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
@ The Grey Wizard:
I like the models so far, except the dome shaped one is like all dome, not just the top part...
HOWEVER, it wouldn't hurt to have variation... we can have one with a cylinder then a dome, and another that is all dome like a wig-wam... also for the Shaman lodge, maybe a variation in that one is flat top with a weave/mesh over, and another is a weave dome
if you don't know what I mean I'll be happy to draw it... I like drawing

Please draw. When I can't mod, I draw. Like at school today. I made a pretty cool concept you can find in the concept art thread after I upload it. Anyway, I'll try to kill the dome effect, but remember, textures will also make all the diffrence. This seems to be architecture for just one town, so lets make some more concepts. I'm really digging my concept art. I also like the idea I had in the "discovory" thread, where I stated the dwemer outpost idea. The dwemer are gone, but sombody still inhabits it!
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-26-2006, 08:15 PM,

will do...
my homework load is surprisingly low today and I ony have the night shift at work...
so today is a good day for it... a bit tired after sparring ym friend but I'm in a good mood...

I will get some art up and posted before I go to bed :goodjob:
09-26-2006, 11:25 PM,

Good. I will finish the Middle-earth height map tonight, I'm going for a drive now. I'll return with some textures and some concept art. I hope my team dosn't bust my chops for putting our height map on hold.

Back, uploading the textures I went on an adventure for now. I will have those later in the post. My concept art is not quite done yet, but I'll post that in the concept art thread. Now, on to what I want to say. I was thinking a good border, on top of border regions, would be a texture plane with trees on it. I would make the forests too thick to walk in at the borders, but at the background we would want somthing covering up our dirty little secret. A similer approch was used in The Legend of Zelda; Ocarina of Time, but we will go with much higher def. This would make it look like the forest kept going even when it really ended. Here is an exsample from Zelda, and I will also show the texture of what I mean.

[Image: 9983zv4.jpg]
[Image: 3018hd7.jpg]

And, what we could have.(Just concepts to get the idea out there, not really what I want to use.)
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9639/...undnz3.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1695/...nd2nd5.jpg

Now for the textures I would like to use on my meshes. Heres what I have.
Hut Wall
Hut Wall HD
Straw Roof
Straw Roof HD

And now for the final news.(Becoming a rather long post, but I hate Dbble Posting) Bethesda Softworks acually replied to my message! Here is what was said.

I'm sorry we can not give out anything that isn't already in our
construction sets and website. Good luck on your project.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:34 PM
To: Press2005
Subject: general

Name: The Elder Scrolls 4; Eye of Argonia
Email: JordyBoy_13@msn.com

Subject: The Black Marsh Project@
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=62

I am Jordan Heaton, an ambitious modder for The Elder Scrolls 3 and 4. I
am working on a number of Total Conversions that have seen a fair amount
of sucess. I am making my own production as a team leader, but that is
not what I have contacted you about. I am working with a Silgrad Tower
Production focusing on recreating the Black Marshes. We would like to
make a in depth roleplaying game with a termendous storyline. I have
been considering The Eye of Argonia's storyline and lore as our concept.
We strive to make this in the vision that you folks over at Bethesda
would strive to make it. If you could offer us any lore, concept art, or
resources what so ever we would appericate it with much gratatude. I
hope you still read your fan's letters after the release of Oblivion. I
am sure you get knees deep in letters and emails, but this holds a great
deal of importance to us. We hope to hear from you soon.

-The Grey Wizard(Jordan Heaton)

Post Script
-If you could even point me in the direction of a developer of
ex-devolper that has an exstensive knowledge of Argonian lore we would
be much abliged. Thank you.

I sent a message in return asking if we could get any lore, rather then resources, or information on sombody who can. I hope we can get some help from a dev who knows alot about the Eye of Argonia, and the Black Marshes.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-27-2006, 01:51 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by SwedishFish

Please change threads, this has nothing to do with heightmaps. I hate when threads get so big and so off topic. Its unorganized. I will have to closeit if it gets to page 5. I must have OCD
09-27-2006, 01:52 AM,

Oh, I thought you had changed this thread to somthing else. Well now that I know you havn't, cut it off where height maps end, and make a new topic. Black Marsh Devolpment would be fitting.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-27-2006, 01:54 AM,

Slashes-with-Claws and Only Asks Once(?) on ESForums lore section are quite knowledgeable and good work GreyWizard :goodjob:
however I think we should follow Swedishfish's request in puttin gthis in a separate section...
umm... Swedishfish, wanna do the honors... and clip off this recent section to it's own place
maybe call it like... "texture progress"? Confusedhrug: