Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black marsh heightmap progress
09-18-2006, 11:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
I think impassable trees and forest sounds best, that wouldn't be too hard to make.

edit: I can also make border zones of course, the give a display screen saying, you cannot go that way, go back. I'm sure you've seen it ingame before, no?
yeah, I think we will do both... incase the character has a super-jump spell, even if it gets past "impassable trees" there is the invisible wall of "haha REJECTED, you shall not pass!" Big Grin ... like... like Gandalf talking to that Valarauka... the Balrog doesn't have a name though Sad, maybe we'll just call him Moria... yea I got off-topic :lol:
09-18-2006, 11:54 PM,

You can call him Durin's Bane, and a you may call me Durin's Bane's Bane, for my last words to him were, "Give you'r soul to Jesus, because your ass it mine." Then I smout my enemy upon the mountain side. Wink Anyway, on topic, yes, I shall make it a border zone of rejetions and an unpassable forest. Before I begin making real details on this map however, first let me know, do we want any slope at all near the border, it is my understanding that there were unpassable mountains surrounding most of cyrodil. Am I mistakin, or what did keep you out of black marshes in vanilla?
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 11:56 PM,

You can call him Durin's Bane, and a you may call me Durin's Bane's Bane, for my last words to him were, "Give you'r soul to Jesus, because your ass it mine." Then I smout my enemy upon the mountain side. Wink Anyway, on topic, yes, I shall make it a border zone of rejetions and an unpassable forest. Before I begin making real details on this map however, first let me know, do we want any slope at all near the border, it is my understanding that there were unpassable mountains surrounding most of Cyrodiil. Am I mistakin, or what did keep you out of black marshes in vanilla?
hmm... well they weren't mountains but it has hillish land... so yeah hills... but to the north not as big hills as it is meeting witht he floodplains of southern Morrowind... but to the west have hills I guess...
09-19-2006, 12:04 AM,

You've got it, and thank you for making a quick responce, now I am ready to start making our base world. One last thing, do you want the world space named Argonia or Black Marshes? And hurry with a responce!
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-19-2006, 01:36 AM,

ok then
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
09-19-2006, 01:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
ok then

...right...

So, can I get a usefull responce?
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-19-2006, 01:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
ok then

...right...

So, can I get a usefull responce?
Black Marsh is good
09-19-2006, 02:24 AM,

Thats what I named it, so thats good. It's really hard to get good detailed small hills with this editor though. I keep getting the circles effect. I'll show a screen shot when I'm satisified with it, or when I feel you will be satisified.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-19-2006, 03:50 AM,

Do you want the cost to be higher elevations and then the center of the province to be lower? You map is confusing me, I'll make it in height data and you tell me if it's correct. I think I understand it, but wouldn't you want the cost to be at sea level? If I make the center any lower it'll be underwater, natrually. I'll make a solid color on the side that indicates 0, or sea level, as the land that is dark blue is much lower then the water level.

Edit: Ok, here's my work for the night. It's getting time for bed here. See ya all later, I hope to have a comment or two in the morining, if not I'll tear your damn height map to shreads! JK

Whoops, forgot to add the image
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/202/242ss6.jpg
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-19-2006, 06:33 PM,

that's good... slightly higher near the coasts, but slightly inland would be good... like the land comes gradually up from the sea but quickly and gradually declines into the bowl of the central marshes