Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black marsh heightmap progress
09-19-2006, 07:52 PM,

You are doing awesome GW. I could never get my hieghtmaps that detailed. Stay with us man, you are doing a tremendous job. Its gonna look great. Imagine Black Marshes as New Orleans (before Katrina, no offense). Its like a bowl.
One prob though. If we make it like a bowl, how will we keep the water level out of the middle? In morrowind, water was all the same level I think.
09-19-2006, 11:19 PM,

Thank you, as long as I recive that kind of motivation from you guys, I'll stay with this mod for a long time. I am helping all of the Beyond Cyrodil Mods, save only Vvardenfell(which I could help too), so you can expect alot from my team and I. I have to spend alot of time on my mod as well, so if you don't hear from me in a while give me a PM to remind me. Helping you helps me in the long run. Already I have learned alot of new tricks to height map making just making this one that will help me finish mine much quicker with the same accuracy. Now, more on subject, I'll make it more of a bowl like New Orleans. I was acually going to make that analogy, but looks like you beat me to it. I shall have an update in a while showing the "bowl" effect. As far as water in the center of the map, no worries. I can ajust the water lvl for each individual cell as needed. It's somthing that I greatly apperciate about this CS over MW's. MW is my favorite game of all time, but OB's engine is much better. MW had the soul but not the attractivness, and OB had the sexy look, but nothing for soul. IMO.

Morrowind = http://quotes4all.net/mahatma_gandhi.jpg
Oblivion = (Edit: Sorry I hate Paris. She will have to leave)

You tell me which one had a bigger impact on my life...
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-20-2006, 12:55 AM,

give the girl soul and you got Beyond Cyrodiil
09-20-2006, 01:24 AM,

Well said. Though that's not the girl I would choose. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8116/5587rn2.jpg

That is a flower to behold.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-20-2006, 01:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Well said. Though that's not the girl I would choose. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8116/5587rn2.jpg

That is a flower to behold.
better... but not who I'd choose personally Confusedhrug:
I'm gonna separate this thread since half has gone into heightmapping
09-20-2006, 01:43 AM,

Good thinking. I need to go eat soon so I'll be uploading the map in a few hours from now. I need to make it perfect before I show you guys anything. I hope you like.

Update:
[Image: 686sf5.jpg]
I hope thats what you wanted, I did my best with what I was given, if this is unsatisfactory then I can always go back to single height data and start over. Alot of the map is slightly underwater. There is a large mix of above water and underwater on this map, but little is above the characters waist lvl, judging by eye. I will upload the ESP tommorow, as I need to get some rest for school. I already stayed up way later then I should have. And, remember, we can always ajust water lvl for each individual cell.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-20-2006, 05:08 AM,

OFF TOPIC: What happened to the darker colors the forum had before, I liked that. It gave the real dark, damp, unpassable, mysterious feel of Black Marshes. Green is definatly my favorite color, but a dark green would fit in much better with the overall feel of the forum. I think the dark voliet was best though.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-20-2006, 08:25 AM,

That looks very good on heightmap, need to see it on editor tho. Ivent been using it for a while but ill sure check that heightmap out. How big is Black Marsh now, compared to Cyrodiil? I cant figure by that heightmap Sad
09-20-2006, 01:31 PM,

My method was going into the CS, Moving 128 cells north, and giving myself that much room from 0,0 to work, so in Height Map editor it says 64x64, which would make sence other then that it says every map I have ever come across, mine or not is 64x64. All in all, IDK. Heres a shot of what I mean.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2453/8690wx9.jpg

Upload of the Height map will be available to team in 7 hours.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-20-2006, 02:26 PM,

GW, this is the best contribution we have recieved yet and it may stand as one of the greatest. Very few people know how to use that heightmap junk and I have spent the last six months trying to get something not even that remotely good. I hope you stay with us. The mod is very greatful.

Btw, no offense but I hate Paris Hilton. I have to remove that link from my mod forum.
Not only is her face kind of funny looking but she is a prime example of why rich parents should not allow their spoiled children to ruin our society as a whole and press impressions on the young minds of our female youth to be brainless and unable to hold a conversation without the word "like" reoccuring over and over. Sorry, it has nothing to do with you GW.