• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Akavir and Cyrodiil
06-23-2007, 06:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by rara23
akvir is another continent in Tamriel

Akavir is another continent on Nirn Wink
Akavir mod leader.
10-13-2007, 11:30 PM,

EDIT: Ahh crap, there was more than one page... i'm leaving this post here anyway, but it looks like its already been said by several people.

I must say I can see slight benefits, It's just the way Ysne put it sounds rather rediculous, hence all the posts of disbelief. Putting the facts on the table, the most logical transport to begin this entire quest would be a boat. However you could also discover a portal (at the start or later on). In my opinion, for starters, portals are too reminiscant of Vanilla Oblivion, it would be nice to take a boat instead.

I quite like the idea of portals taking you to and from the two continents as part of later quests, but as far as general transport. The player shouldn't have to search for a way to get back to Cyrodil and vise versa. If they want to go back, it should purely be a case of instant teleportation. Teleportation could vary. Map icon, spell, portal (with easy access). I expect this has some connection to what Ysne had in mind at least. I personally am against the use of multiple portals, unless it was part of a main questline, but that being in vanilla, I would strongly advise against it.

Transportation between the continents shouldn't be more than about 3 methods and locations, if not one.

- Quick access for people wanting to go back
- Questline, forced or required to go back options available

I hope my opinion helps, even if hard to read. I'm tired and it may come out garbled. hehe Smile
10-13-2007, 11:55 PM,

This is how i think it should be: you travel by ship to Akavir, and once you're there, you can find a way to use teleportation.
Akavir mod leader.
10-14-2007, 01:11 AM,

That would make sense... however, i'd rather have it so that the player would have to complete some sort of a quest. Perhaps the mages guild, or a quest from a wise old man who has some tricks up his sleeve. Wink
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
10-14-2007, 01:42 AM,

It's a long trip. Boats are expensive. If the player wants, he can pay the price, but the quest gives him a free alternative.

My take on it.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
10-14-2007, 02:24 AM,

Like i said before in this thread:

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Well, it was a good idea to use teleporters, if the teleporters are set up by the player/mages guild/east empire company, we would have a quest involved too.
It can't go wrong Big Grin

After the player is already in Akavir, an "east empire company" ship arrives to set up a tradepost in Tang Mo, a mage of the mages guild came along with them and sets up a mages guild outpost with a teleporter for the player to use (the player must be in the mages guild to use it).

I think that will work just fine, right?
Akavir mod leader.
08-19-2008, 08:17 AM,

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=834949

this would be good to use to get to akavir and the player would get half way and then screen goes and you wake up in akavir with the ship wrecked and every1 else dead who was on the ship obviouslly to use this youd have to ask for permission of course
08-20-2008, 04:53 AM,

Thanks for the suggestion Willward. I think the plain is to have a couple of different ways to get back and forth. This idea might work as part of the initial trip to Akavir.

Kodama does have something worked out. If I remember what he has discussed correctly, this might fit in as one alternative depending on decisions the player makes on the way to Akavir.
01-03-2009, 05:14 PM,

We could gave some sort of huge, underground dwemer shaft that connects cyrodil to kemel-ze, and from their you could hijack an excavated dwemer airship, to fly to akavir. Smile
01-04-2009, 12:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Amlosted
We could gave some sort of huge, underground dwemer shaft that connects Cyrodiil to kemel-ze, and from their you could hijack an excavated dwemer airship, to fly to akavir. Smile

That is certainly an interesting concept. If we ever get the continent going we can consider that as a possible route.