Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Akavir and Cyrodiil
09-28-2006, 09:31 PM,

Well, it was a good idea to use teleporters, if the teleporters are set up by the player/mages guild/east empire company, we would have a quest involved too.
Not only would it make more sense than the caves, we will have more for the player to do aswell, it's a win/win situation.
It can't go wrong Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
09-28-2006, 09:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Well, it was a good idea to use teleporters, if the teleporters are set up by the player/mages guild/east emipre company, we would have a quest involved too.
Not only would it make more sense than the caves, we will have more for the player to do aswell, it's a win/win situation.
It can't go wrong Big Grin

If you say so. Wink

I was more aligned towards the idea that it isn't easy to travel from Akavir to Tamriel. So that players can't just jump from here to there in a blink of an eye.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-28-2006, 11:18 PM,

Well getting to Akavir in the first place is what will be the challenge.

The player will have to get the clue to the boat from Caius Cosades first and then find the boat.

The player will then have to travel to Akavir before being able to use any teleporters.

It makes sense to have some way of instant transport after that though. We needed to get that discussion going again.
09-29-2006, 02:35 AM,

*OR* it could be secretly constructed by the Tsaesci Potente during 2nd Era. Regardless of Kamal's invasion, I find it questionable about the Tsaesci's "Invasion":

1) The Tsaesci has a LOT more forces/power than it initially seems. it could be that the Tsaesci needed to watch the other enemies back at Akavir.... or it could be that their "invasion" wasn't meant to be successful "invasion" at all.... cos...

2) Even if the first Tsaesci "invasion" failed, the Empire ultimately fell under the rule of the Tsaesci. The powerful Empire's Legions were created under heavy influence of Tsaesci organization as well as weaponry (which is also favored by the Blades), and among the civilians, the Fighter's Guild's forerunner is also founded by Tsaesci. Too bad they lost influence or "control" after the Potente and and his line was assasinated (which could be seeds for more secrets, since Morag Tong seems remarkably insistent yet the reasons they claim were not that convincing)

I'm just fiddling with the idea that the Tsaesci's failed invasion to the potente's rise to power is actually part of a Tsaesci plot . Current tentative design was to push it as some plan for the Tsaesci Lord : The Swordmaster (a warrior-wizard with strong military bent and hold to some strange, but strict code of honor that rubbed off on his followers). If that is the case, the Potente could be an agent that needs secret means of communicating with his Lord, or to move people and goods. The Morag Tong *could* be influenced by the Morrowind major powers which could contain special individuals which had previously been displaced from Akavir and still harbor deep hatred towards the Tsaesci. (Could even have secret connections to the Akavir human survivors at Knifeblossom?).

So, as the two continents already knew of each other, it is unlikely that there are no movement of agents between them. It could just be that neither side is ready for war. (though theoretically, it is easier for Tsaesci to insert agents into Tamriel than it is for Tamriel to insert agents into Tsaesci. As a non-Tsaesci, the agent could only be a slave. If the agent is human, that's even worse: livestock. So I think that it can fit in that there are various means of going back and forth (even for ocean-trip, it will be rare as somebody has to know how to navigate, and probably have connections on both sides : sort of like smuggling). It will also be interesting that all such means may be under the control of different factions. Of course, none of them should be available to the PC easily.

I agree to the idea that the first trip will probably be the longest and most visible (ocean trip? which can include an ardous quest to discover and find the party that can actually make such a trip safely). After that, as the PC gets thrown into the web of intrigue between the Akavirii powers, he/she could discover alternate means of transportation (probably by coming into contact with the various factions). This not only provide some convenience for the player, but also opportunity for some inter-continent quest (e.g. Akavir may lost some important relic which was brought to Tamriel somehow, and the player has to track it down and retrieve it for some reason. Of course, it should never be that simple.... or adhere to the player's expectations...)

Don't forget that even "teleportaion" can be made interesting.... imagine that to close the great physical distance, the player actually have to take a "short-cut" through some nasty neighborhood e.g. : Take special gate to a speicial Oblivion plane, take a short stroll (don't mind the aggresive plants and monsters!) and then take another gate that pops out on the other continent. These gates should be rare and specially treated (unless I need to revise some of the tentative lore. In my drafts, the Tsaesci Lords, during the ancient times, "sealed" off Akavir's connections to other planes to lower chances of the races living there from interfering with their initial conquest. It could be that the "sealing" just makes it extrememly difficult to create a portal/gate there. Or it could be that the Tsaesci removed that massive arcane construct after their empire is stable.

Other ideas for teleportation gate: where would an enemy of Tsaesci hide their gate so that they won't be easily discovered by the Tsaesci??? For those who are acceptable of my designing of Tsaesci to detest water...... under water gate... why not? (safer too, as it ruled out non-water breathing creatures without any long-lasting water-breathing enchantment)

Just some related wild tots.
I read emails regularly like ... once per month.
09-29-2006, 06:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by sphr
*OR* it could be secretly constructed by the Tsaesci Potente during 2nd Era. Regardless of Kamal's invasion, I find it questionable about the Tsaesci's "Invasion":

1) The Tsaesci has a LOT more forces/power than it initially seems. it could be that the Tsaesci needed to watch the other enemies back at Akavir.... or it could be that their "invasion" wasn't meant to be successful "invasion" at all.... cos...

2) Even if the first Tsaesci "invasion" failed, the Empire ultimately fell under the rule of the Tsaesci. The powerful Empire's Legions were created under heavy influence of Tsaesci organization as well as weaponry (which is also favored by the Blades), and among the civilians, the Fighter's Guild's forerunner is also founded by Tsaesci. Too bad they lost influence or "control" after the Potente and and his line was assasinated (which could be seeds for more secrets, since Morag Tong seems remarkably insistent yet the reasons they claim were not that convincing)

I'm just fiddling with the idea that the Tsaesci's failed invasion to the potente's rise to power is actually part of a Tsaesci plot . Current tentative design was to push it as some plan for the Tsaesci Lord : The Swordmaster (a warrior-wizard with strong military bent and hold to some strange, but strict code of honor that rubbed off on his followers). If that is the case, the Potente could be an agent that needs secret means of communicating with his Lord, or to move people and goods. The Morag Tong *could* be influenced by the Morrowind major powers which could contain special individuals which had previously been displaced from Akavir and still harbor deep hatred towards the Tsaesci. (Could even have secret connections to the Akavir human survivors at Knifeblossom?).

So, as the two continents already knew of each other, it is unlikely that there are no movement of agents between them. It could just be that neither side is ready for war. (though theoretically, it is easier for Tsaesci to insert agents into Tamriel than it is for Tamriel to insert agents into Tsaesci. As a non-Tsaesci, the agent could only be a slave. If the agent is human, that's even worse: livestock. So I think that it can fit in that there are various means of going back and forth (even for ocean-trip, it will be rare as somebody has to know how to navigate, and probably have connections on both sides : sort of like smuggling). It will also be interesting that all such means may be under the control of different factions. Of course, none of them should be available to the PC easily.

I agree to the idea that the first trip will probably be the longest and most visible (ocean trip? which can include an ardous quest to discover and find the party that can actually make such a trip safely). After that, as the PC gets thrown into the web of intrigue between the Akavirii powers, he/she could discover alternate means of transportation (probably by coming into contact with the various factions). This not only provide some convenience for the player, but also opportunity for some inter-continent quest (e.g. Akavir may lost some important relic which was brought to Tamriel somehow, and the player has to track it down and retrieve it for some reason. Of course, it should never be that simple.... or adhere to the player's expectations...)

Don't forget that even "teleportaion" can be made interesting.... imagine that to close the great physical distance, the player actually have to take a "short-cut" through some nasty neighborhood e.g. : Take special gate to a speicial Oblivion plane, take a short stroll (don't mind the aggresive plants and monsters!) and then take another gate that pops out on the other continent. These gates should be rare and specially treated (unless I need to revise some of the tentative lore. In my drafts, the Tsaesci Lords, during the ancient times, "sealed" off Akavir's connections to other planes to lower chances of the races living there from interfering with their initial conquest. It could be that the "sealing" just makes it extrememly difficult to create a portal/gate there. Or it could be that the Tsaesci removed that massive arcane construct after their empire is stable.

Other ideas for teleportation gate: where would an enemy of Tsaesci hide their gate so that they won't be easily discovered by the Tsaesci??? For those who are acceptable of my designing of Tsaesci to detest water...... under water gate... why not? (safer too, as it ruled out non-water breathing creatures without any long-lasting water-breathing enchantment)

Just some related wild tots.

Dunno. I wouldn't really touch those historical "facts" regarding invasion.

Your ideas, especially regarding agents and secret contacts between the continents, are great. :goodjob:

It would actually make sense if these agents didn't each other and didn't really cooperate in any sense. Their meeting could provide excellent quest line. Wink

The best place, and safest one, for this gate to be hidden at would most likely be Knifeblossom I think. One of the places where player wouldn't get wasted.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
10-18-2006, 01:09 PM,

Hi peeps, since this thread seems to be about long term linking themes I thought that you might be interested to know that the University of Silgrad - currently beign planned by bob (with lots of numbers) for TES3 intends to send tendrils your way. And when a new Uni has a totally secret (well I guess I can tell YOU their name is the Cerro Confusedhh: ) and dedicated bunch of Vampires as their landlords... with serious ideas about what they want researched... things can get interesting... Confusedhrug:

You might consider that this project is designed to fit the new Lore that is being created in several of our mods, including Vvardenfell and Elsweyr - maybe Valenwood too. In the long run the Uni will seek to send out its agents everywhere, and both the Uni and the Cerro may be a joinable factions in TES3.

Now why would this be so important to you? Simply, in giving the Nerev a 'secret quest' re Akavir this offers you opportunities to exploit or ignore for your Nerev plans in TES4. Given that only the Cerro know that they exist and the Nerev can be sworn to secrecy you need not fear plot contamination if you choose to pass... but he will be looking for a way to alter the effects of the Vampiric Curse... which might have short and long term repercussions if you choose to exploit it.

Just recommend that if it takes your iterest then keep up with the TES3 plot lines and Lore - as I believe that bob###### is putting together some potent stuff there.

Anyhows, link at the top now

all the best,
raggidman
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-18-2006, 09:11 PM,

Thanks for the info.
10-24-2006, 11:42 PM,

You might also note a certain wine merchant, Vaniken 'Ri in RPK. It is believed that his family is from Akavir, and I am trying to persuade his 'new sponser' to take an interest in the Uni - the Cerro Tread is now being used to create a combined Uni-Cerro Major Quest, which will hopefully end as the ST MQ - I'm doing my best with that anyhows.

Try to keep you informed when I get to Aka poss bits, all the best...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-25-2006, 12:28 AM,

Very interesting. Big Grin
06-23-2007, 12:15 PM,

too hard man connecting akavir and cyrodiil and by the way akvir is another continent in tamriel