Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA's works in progress.
10-18-2006, 09:13 PM,
RA's works in progress.
Here is a thread for you to post your work in RA. Thanks again for jumping into the void.
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM,
RE: RA's works in progress.
Oooooo, my very own folder. It's so nice and roomy.

Since I don't have anything to release right now. I'll post a little bit about what I can help with. Just so you guys know, I'll finish everything I start. My time right now is very limited, but if I could work on this all day I would. The following paragraphs are not meant to be bragging rights, I'm just posting what I have so you guys know what you have at your disposal.

I have photoshop CS. I consider myself fairly decent at making textures and I have a lot of proffesional plugins for the program that make incredible effects. If you need help in textures let me know. Or you can just post your texture and tell me how you want it.

3DS 8. I've been modeling a very long time. Worked on the first Tomb Raider years ago (Does that show my age?) I can model almost anything. Rigging is a whole other ballgame. Just begining to learn this process, and no I'm not very good at it.

I also have Facegen, Poser, SpreedTree(watered down version) and a really cool tree generator. This tree generator makes amazing trees, but they will not sway like the speedtree models. With this generator I can make conifers (pine trees) or bamboo. These are high-poly, so I would suggest using these only for bonsai or a landscape centerpiece.
The bamboo might actually be low enough that we could make small forests. It's something we'll have to test out.

Nifskope- This thing puzzles me. Somethings I'm good at, others I'm completely lost. If you need statics in game, I can do it, correct arrow penetration and sound. All other objects (items,weapons,clothes) are still difficult for me.

I'll upload all the finished .nifs I currently have in game this weekend (Hopefully) and will upload the current projects as I finish them.

Okay, I'm done with my story. I know, I know, less talk more action. Big Grin
10-19-2006, 11:17 PM,

I think what you had to say is exciting. Thanks for letting us know a little more about yourself.
10-20-2006, 12:01 AM,
Paper Lanterns
Okay first release. This is something I've had for awhile. It's a paper lantern nif. It has on and off versions (the on version glows in the dark)
There is also a small roof for the lantern to protect it from rain. It's a seperate mesh so you'll have to align it correctly in the cs.

You'll have to open the .nifs in nifskope to change the texture path to whatever folders you use.

Im my test mod I had it set up so the off version was displayed during the day and then replaced by the on (glowing) version at night. These do not produce light so you'll have to have a light source with the same on and off script.

Here ya go

Lanterns

Let me know how it goes. Ohh, the mon is a seperate texture so you can make whatever design you want to be on the lantern.
10-20-2006, 01:59 AM,

Nice =)
And like the mon (triple tomoe) it's perfect for temples.

ra5946, you worked on the first Tomb Raider? what did you do? make models?
I liked the first Tomb Raider, the second was nice too...but the rest was not good enough.
Damn! we are so old Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
10-20-2006, 12:05 PM,

Another thing about my .nifs, I use the game textures a lot so when you are changing the texture path in nifskope, be sure to leave those alone. My custom textures will always be something like textures\KSSoT
or textures\test. Also the paper part of the lantern is semi-transparent, so if you put an object inside (candle), you can kinda see it.

As far as you question Kodama, I worked on the 3d environment for some of the levels. I liked the series for awhile, but was only involved in the first one.
10-21-2006, 03:02 AM,

Ok, cool Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
10-24-2006, 06:45 PM,

Just a little news. I've made the flat rocks Kielanai wanted. Same versions as the lanterns clean/light, dirty/dark and mossy. I had fun doing these so I made a bunch (8) water basins while I was at it. I'm currently trying to animate the texture of the water in the basin, so if anyone has made custom animated textures please give me some insight. I also made the little "ladel" that usually accompanies these Japanese water basins. Correct me if/when I'm wrong but I think you use the ladel to pour water over your mouth to purify yourself before you enter a shrine or teahouse. And yes, I made it a weapon so you can hold it. It looks hilarious to see your character hold this dainty wooden ladel. Just a side note, custom weapons (or ladels) have been the easiest thing to get in game so far.

This "project" is ready to go except the animated water thing. I've posted the issue on a copule forums so hopefully I can get it working.
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM,

Have you tried my waterfall advice? Tell me how that works out if you can =)
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
11-03-2006, 01:10 PM,

Still no luck with the animated texture in the water basins. I have someone else looking at the nifs, but he is really busy with real life.
If nothing new by next weekend I'll just upload them as is. If I ever get it working we'll just replace them.

Hopefully by this weekend I'll have a big suprise project done. Depends on how much my wife "lets" me be on the pc.