Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Merging
11-01-2006, 06:43 PM,

Ok so I should type:

java -Xmx TES4Plugin.jar *do I need to include the the extension?*

Thanks,

-FLESH
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM,

Use this command:

java -Xmx100M -jar tes4plugin.jar

Make sure you navigate to the folder where tes4plugin.jar is located, if you still get errors increase the 100M to something bigger like 300M.
11-01-2006, 06:59 PM,

How do I redirect it to a different folder, sorry, I am really bad at this Sad

EDIT: Nevermind, that you very much it worked Big Grin
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
11-01-2006, 08:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
Use this command:

java -Xmx100M -jar tes4plugin.jar

Make sure you navigate to the folder where tes4plugin.jar is located, if you still get errors increase the 100M to something bigger like 300M.

!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

You may have just saved a lot of peoples' projects with that little bit of info. Big Grin Thank you VERY MUCH! Big Grin I figured it was a java problem (as in a hardcoded error)... Confusedhrug:

(I always seem to find the hard ways of doing things...)
11-03-2006, 06:58 PM,

Quote:From the ReadMe of the TES4 PU

To run the utility, create a program shortcut and specify "javaw -Xmx1024m -jar <install-directory>\TES4Plugin.jar" as the program to run where <install-directory> should be replaced with the directory where you extracted the jar file. I have included a sample program shortcut in the zip file that specifies \Tmp as the install directory. The -Xmx1024m specifies the maximum heap size in megabytes (the example specifies a heap of 1024 MB). You can increase the size if you run out of space merging very large plugins. Note that Windows will start swapping if the Java heap size exceeds the amount of available storage and this will significantly impact performance.

I use 1024 and it works fine.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD