Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis1216 "Alchemy shop owner's home" [Finished]
11-20-2006, 11:37 PM,
Soluthis1216 "Alchemy shop owner's home" [Finished]
[Image: normal_SoluthisClaimsMapsArea12_1024x768.jpg]

[blockquote]"Dhryss Plaza" is named after a local Akaviri hero, who stands guard in the central park and who's exploits can be experienced in the aptly titled novel Akavir available in bookstores. The southwest area of Soluthis, which extends westward beyond Dryss Plaza as well, is mainly a low-end agricultural settlement and largely self-sufficient. It stands out from other parts of town in its use of wooden fences.[/blockquote]

Interior model to use: 06
Model Nickname: Round Home
Northmarker Rotation: -160.4282
Neighbourhood: Dhryss Plaza

This is the home of the shop owner who runs the alchemy shop next door (Soluthis1215). The shop was completed by Sam324, who chose not to create the NPC. Therefore if you pick up this claim you need to mod the home and the NPC and also make the NPC run the shop next door.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1216, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this home are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons.

Please set of AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld01, not in SilgradTowerLand.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-04-2011, 02:01 PM,

I'll do this one.
01-05-2011, 05:10 AM,

Once again, finished except for one AI package. Confusedigh: It's another UseItemAt, except for making potions this time. I gave the NPC a MortarPestle item, and set the package to use it during business hours. As far as I can tell, this is the same setup as NPC's in Vanilla OB.

PACK StIdSoluthis1216ShopBusiness
NPC StIdSoluthis1216Alchemist

(This time I made sure that it's at his editor location, not a chair that's already in use by another NPC Tongue)
01-05-2011, 08:46 AM,

I'll merge the file. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-05-2011, 01:19 PM,

Thanks sandor.

I tried removing the "Offers Services" flag, and that seemed to fix the issue. That means that NPC's can't play the potion making animation AND offer services such as barter/training at the same time, which is unfortunate.

The way the package is set up now, he behaves as though it's a travel package, so I don't think there's any need to change it. Confusedhrug:

I'll mark this as finished. :check:
01-05-2011, 01:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Thanks sandor.

I tried removing the "Offers Services" flag, and that seemed to fix the issue. That means that NPC's can't play the potion making animation AND offer services such as barter/training at the same time, which is unfortunate.

The way the package is set up now, he behaves as though it's a travel package, so I don't think there's any need to change it. Confusedhrug:

I'll mark this as finished. :check:
Thanks and noted. Smile

The "offer services flag" is known to cause strange problems so it doesn't surprise me at all.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD