Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding your way in the Height Map Editing menu.
12-02-2006, 11:04 AM,
Finding your way in the Height Map Editing menu.
Navigating the Height Map.

Screenshots: Number 1 is the most left one etc.

Go the world menu and click on the Height map editing (HME) menu.
Select the "SilgradTowerLand" (total 36 quads).

In the HME (screenshot 1) select the view menu and deselect the overview (when necessary). After that select the generate overview (in the view menu).

After generating the overview go to the view menu and select the overview.

Now you'll see the HME overview (the smaller window).

Keep in mind that the HME loads 4 quads (4*1024 cells) per time.

Enlarge the overview (screenshot 2). You'll see a map that is similar this one. The white translucent square shows the 4 quads that are loaded into the main window.

Navigating.

Go with the mouse pointer to where the 4 quads (intersection) meet (crossroads of 4 quads) and click once.

The HME asks if you want to save the current texture. Select no.
You'll see that the white square (translucent) changed to the 4 quads you selected (screenshot 3).
Resize the overview and you'll see (main window) the four quads you selected (screenshot 4).

If you put the mouse over the map you'll see the cell coordinates in bottom left of the HME main window and in the top of the HME window.

In the first screenshot the cursor is a circle on the right side of the map, just below the middle. In the bottom left part of the HME main window you'll see: "cell (31 ,-12)". The position is 31,-12.

I hope it helps you to find your way in the Silgrad Tower land.

sandor has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-6410.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-6411.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-6412.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-6413.jpg]
Main window Start.jpg (289 KB) Enlarged Overview.jpg (222.12 KB) Switched to 4 other quads.jpg (222 KB) The new HME main window.jpg (288.14 KB)
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-02-2006, 11:06 AM,

umm tthanks i guess
'People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.'

GET THE STARGATE MOD!!!

Stargate Mod