Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST 1.5 - The Tower Awaits! (Bug Report)
12-02-2006, 10:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sacarrow
Where will the list of fixed bugs live? I understand that nobody wants to see those cluttering up the list of existing bugs, but it would be nice to have a list so everyone can see what has been fixed.

BTW is this the thread to report possible bugs or odd behaviors?

Thanks,
Steve

Basically, anything NOT on the list (or silver) is fixed, and can be seen from the lists in other threads. Anything silver in this thread will not show up on the next thread.
12-03-2006, 12:27 AM,

After I downloaded Silgrad Tower today, I started working in the CS, I checked things out, and then I just did a mod for myself. Now, whenever I try to play Oblivion, it freezes up as soon as the loading screen pops up when i hit Esc. Now, I can't play oblivion. Does this have anything to do with the Silgrad Tower logo in the main menu? I never actually saw the silgrad tower before, it was just the usual Oblivion logo, but stretched out taller. I don't think the mod I made did it, so it was either the Silgrad mod itself or the many mods I removed that were dependant on Reich Parkeep. I don't even care if this counts as a bug or not, but I want to be able to play it...
Lol what?
12-03-2006, 12:36 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
After I downloaded Silgrad Tower today, I started working in the CS, I checked things out, and then I just did a mod for myself. Now, whenever I try to play Oblivion, it freezes up as soon as the loading screen pops up when I hit Esc. Now, I can't play oblivion. Does this have anything to do with the Silgrad Tower logo in the main menu? I never actually saw the silgrad tower before, it was just the usual Oblivion logo, but stretched out taller. I don't think the mod I made did it, so it was either the Silgrad mod itself or the many mods I removed that were dependant on Reich Parkeep. I don't even care if this counts as a bug or not, but I want to be able to play it...

That's very strange indeed. You're not the first person to report it, I think at least half a dozen other people have reported the exact same thing. Other players don't experience the problem though.

I've never had the game freeze up because of the custom logo myself, and I haven't heard the problem mentioned before this version was released. The custom logo is enabled through three files that are totally stand-alone from the mod. On the other hand I've heard people say the game doesn't freeze up for them if they uncheck our mod -- so, if the logo had been causing the freeze bug, then logically it should have persisted even if they had unchecked our mod.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-03-2006, 12:47 AM,

Hmm, replaced the menu stuff with oblivion's defaults - still broke
Unchecked Silgrad tower and the portal - nope, still won't work
Took it out of my data files - Still won't work.

So, obviously it has nothing to do with the mod, but something else that happened today. Ca someone move this to the tavern or wherever it goes?

I'm desparate, so I'm going to take every mod but oblivion out and see what happens.

EDIT: Ok, now I did that and it works fine, so my hunch says it's probably one of the two mods I made today. There was one that had my character's custom race in it, and the other turned camoran's paradise red (I just did that one for fun). The Paradise one I removed earlier, and it still didn't work, so thusly it has to be the new race.

EDIT: I removed the Race mod, and it works fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Buuuuuuut, keep in mind that when a mod makes me angry, i want to kill it's creator, and many of my mods are made by you people soooooo...BEWARE!!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!! :chaos:
Lol what?
12-03-2006, 01:56 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
EDIT: I removed the Race mod, and it works fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Buuuuuuut, keep in mind that when a mod makes me angry, I want to kill it's creator, and many of my mods are made by you people soooooo...BEWARE!!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!! :chaos:

I'm glad it got sorted out before you killed me for my part in it, then. Wink
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-03-2006, 03:54 AM,

MWAHAHA...HA...HA... ... ...BEWARE! (IATE quickly runs away)
Lol what?
12-03-2006, 05:24 PM,

Not a major problem, but a slight annoyance, I can't find the Redoran buildings in the static list, so I have been copy and pasting them in.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
12-03-2006, 07:12 PM,

60.:
CONT ChestVendorBooks01
DOOR sewerManholeCover01
Removed from the esm.

Fix for 30, 44, 56, and 61 has been merged.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM,

That is because they are in the ST folder, not in any of the subdirectories. Smile

Quote:Fix for 30, 44, 56, and 61 has been merged.

Does it work with the ESM alright?
12-03-2006, 07:15 PM,

Ok, thanks. :yes:
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.