Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP 7.0 - Imperial Strikes Back! (Bug Report)
08-04-2006, 11:59 PM,

It would still obey havok, and it would fall if the player uses havok near it, like walking, grabbing an item, or dropping something. All you need to do is walk close sometimes.
Lol what?
08-05-2006, 01:58 AM,

17. ( screens 1 & 2 )

Strange, when I loaded this with the LOD, I had a problem with the textures, but more importantly, a lot of land just vanished. ?(

18. Texture conflict, probably something to do with the model, but I think this is the kind of thing we need for the banners (however you did these, Razorwing).

See screen 3.

RE: # 15.

It would seem that this loss of framerate only happens when you exit the Imperial Districts. When I go to the wall and come back, the framerate is well within reason.
08-05-2006, 02:12 AM,

Quick Question has anyone else noticed the floating statues they float from afar and are on proper bases when close if they were fix in 7.0 the my bad for posting this way late.

imperial dragon the bridge had some frame rate loss in 6.0 Ive had that before on a 1gig ram 2.99 GHz processer system with a 256mb (Graphics Ram) ATI 9800 XT gpu
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
08-05-2006, 02:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
Quick Question has anyone else noticed the floating statues they float from afar and are on proper bases when close if they were fix in 7.0 the my bad for posting this way late.

imperial dragon the bridge had some frame rate loss in 6.0 I've had that before on a 1gig ram 2.99 GHz processer system with a 256mb (Graphics Ram) ATI 9800 XT gpu

Yes, but I had the framerate loss too, it went away for some odd reason after I went FAR from the bridge and came back.

One more bug (?) I forgot to mention.

19. Collision on small bridge needs a little adjustment. (see screen)
08-05-2006, 03:38 AM,

I just confirmed TID's experience regaining the framerate by moving far away and coming back. Mine normalized as well, so I did a little checking around as well.

20. A similar texture problem. It seems when one of the alphas overlaps, it takes out another texture.
[Image: normal_ScreenShot30~0.jpg]

21. I hate seeing this every time I walk by. =)
[Image: normal_ScreenShot31~0.jpg]

22. Another model flaw. It's not that way on the right side.
[Image: normal_ScreenShot37.jpg]

23. First is a screen of blocky and bad looking underbelly of a parasol. Second is the good one. Wink
Also, in the second picture, notice that it only shows up on the left side of the parasol and not the right. The texture isn't on the backside of that face.
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-05-2006, 04:58 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
I just confirmed TID's experience regaining the framerate by moving far away and coming back. Mine normalized as well, so I did a little checking around as well.

*Self-proud look* :]
08-05-2006, 09:12 AM,

Why? Everybody stacks plates and bowls. I've never been to a house that they lean all their dishes agains the cupboard wall. Confused Besides, Beth also stacked the stuff, so it's not like it's out of place.

When you stack objects nothing happens with it, unless you disturbe the objects. It resets after a while (in game).

As noremorse said, Beth also stacked the objects.
I don't see the problem.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-05-2006, 07:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Why? Everybody stacks plates and bowls. I've never been to a house that they lean all their dishes agains the cupboard wall. Confused Besides, Beth also stacked the stuff, so it's not like it's out of place.

When you stack objects nothing happens with it, unless you disturbe the objects. It resets after a while (in game).

As noremorse said, Beth also stacked the objects.
I don't see the problem.

I can't remember a lot of instances where Beth stacked the objects so that they ended up like that if it was disturbed. Anyway, it still looks weird when you do walk by. I am one of those players who has a look just about everywhere for secrets and stuff, so havok is usually active for me.
08-07-2006, 11:24 PM,

I lost my internet connection a few days ago and just got it back about twelve hours ago. Luckily I had this thread cached so I made a copy of the bugs TheImperialDragon reported and fixed them.

Below are the notes I wrote while doing that. HeIsTheDarkness, you're totally right, and I figured it out during my offline spell too. Please see #12 below for my thoughts on that. =)

#2: Could use some TLC by a texturer, but here goes; better?
[gally]2006-08-08_brick.jpg[/gally]

#3. Fixed it by painting cobblestones under the sidewalks around that area.

#4. A Havok-related problem. It doesn't start out in that position in the CS. I had to remove it because it wouldn't lie still. Tongue

#5. Fixed that and several other misspellings in the character's dialogue. The author didn't discern between "your" and "you're".

#6. I can't cooberate your finding, which doesn't necessarily mean it's not there. If you find it again, could you note where it is?

#7. I have no idea where you took that screenshot.

#8. I fixed the alignment of the door to Marcellus Garreth's House.

#9. It was indeed in that house. I think I fixed it. Everything on that table is now hovering above the table according to Havok, and should settle in place as soon as the player enters. Darn Bethesda.

#10. I like the quest icon, but I changed the spelling error you noted as well as others in the quest. Only the first letter in a sentence, names, titles, abbreviations and a few other cases should have capital letters in the English language. Other languages like German for example use capital letters much more often, but it shouldn't be that way in English texts. Seems like a neat quests though, so misspellings shouldn't hinder anyone from questmaking - I don't mind spellchecking Big Grin Got me thinking though, is these mugs something that should be registered in the "open job for texturers" thread? Would make it easier for the player to discern them, and make the quest even cooler, I think.

#11. Yup, it was in Marcellus' basement. Fixed it.

#12. I figured it out; I use the X's as static objects, when they should have been activators. If I had made them as activator objects their invisibility would most likely have kicked in like it should. More than that, I should have used the Xmarker object and just given them unique Reference ID's instead... what can I say, I did it very early on before I had figured out that part of how Oblivion worked Big Grin

Should I perhaps rip out the markers, AI behaviours, and guards and start over on that? Because I think the guard situation could need a proper overhaul anyway and since there's a problem it might be better for me to start on a clean slate. sandor and HeIsTheDarkness, since you guys worked on the town, can I ask your advice on what would be the best approach for me to take? Would I screw up tons of stuff relying on those markers, apart from the guard patrols?

#13. Fixed them. Oh, and a friendly reminder to modders, never use stuff that has "DUNG" in their names in other places than dark dungeons, as the CS wiki says... because their textures are adapted to look good in very dark locations, not outdoors. They look very bad in cities.

#14. Yeah, they do. Perhaps I'll retexture them sometime.

#16. Animals walking about was a very common sight in medieval villages. Think of them as free gardeners, pruning and fertilizing the greenery. We used to have chickens in the old Reich Parkeep, which were fun and cute to watch Smile

black[/hr]

#17. I don't know what to say. It doesn't look like that on my end.

#18 and 20. The problem lies with the shader model and exporter. It's not possible to view one transparant texture on top of another without causing the glitches as in your screenshot. We'd pretty much need the official exporter to be able to set things like that up. In the meantime the only other solution I can think of would be to not use transparancy at all, which would require more polys and make it look worse, so.

#19. Right-o, I'll fix it. I have a hazy memory of that happening to me too, but I forgot it. I think it was one of my earlier experiments with setting up collision meshes. Took a while for me to figure out why it's a good idea to have the collision mesh cover the whole model.

#21. I've fixed that. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b:

The effect is caused by missing normal maps. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-08-2006, 05:46 AM,

#12 well, I haven't used any of these extereior markers. Guess Sandor should tell if he used them.

Guards need serious fix. As I've told earlier long ago you have used standard patrol package of some IC guards, just renamed it and modified it. So far with RP activated some IC guards don't patrol at all. Guess me or Sandor can take the task of fixing this and adding more guards/patrols at RP. I have also idea of using scripts instead of packages to make better patrol routes, but it can have some negative effects (f.e. I don't know - if the guards see crime while script tells him to go to Marker1, will he respond to crime or he will just go to marker..)
At least we'll need this experience in Silgrad City as in gargantuan city there will be much more routes and guards.