Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for concept artists
07-11-2009, 10:32 PM,

i have made some designs)

[Image: 2copyqwj.jpg]

and i also thought about some arches (?)
[Image: 2001.jpg]

as for the modeling - im afraid my skills are limited... i have never modelled for Oblivion. think i should start with something less complex

sorry for my english Blush
07-14-2009, 12:51 PM,

Ceephax: I like the look of the bridge and I love the pseudo-medieval approach to a modern "high span" bridge that allows for boat passage. My only concern is that this bridge could not support horse traffic, only foot traffic. Could you when you like do another where the onshore approaches are much longer so that the approach slope is much gentler? I think this design will be excellent for a footbridge.

Thanks,
Steve
07-15-2009, 10:36 AM,

thank you!!

oh good grief! i forgot about horses!)
of course the angle might be different, or there should be more "levels" with arches. the concept is rather simple and we can "stretch" it Big Grin

there is only one important thing in the hlaalu design - the curve! it should be similar to the curves of the another hlaalu architecture imo
07-20-2009, 07:47 AM,

Very nice work Ceephax, I like the design a lot! :goodjob:

I wasn't aware that horses couldn't traverse the same steepness as a character can, but then again it's been a long time since I played the game normally so I'm sure it's true. I agree with Steve that it looks too steep at the beginning, but as you said it's easy to modify when one gets down to modelling it. Perhaps by the modeller simply stretching your image to 200% of its current width, either in Photoshop or on a mapped plane in Max.

Could you make a front view of the same section as in your current concept? So one can see the design of the steps/ramp and railing.

(I've been away on vacation so I haven't been able to respond sooner.)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]