Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for concept artists
12-10-2006, 07:33 AM,

Quote:Aah, kk I jumped to the conclusion it was wood when I started. I could probably make the supports holding the steps in the same material as the shell though, and we could leave the supports underneath as wood material?

Yeah that would be best.

Quote:By the way, how should the shell texture look you think? Like chitin, or bonemold, or maybe a general type of bone texture, or maybe something else?

The same as the rest of the Redoran buildings made already.

Quote:I had the same idea when I studied your concept art, so the left-most section in the render is mirrored from the right-most section. I figured I'd make a mini-tileset with three pieces. Only question is how to make the middle section look, since the render shows what would be the two end pieces without a middle section.

Not exactly sure, however I think just extending the mid section of the "shell" (the largest of the circles that has the vertical support under it) would work okay.

Quote:The middle column is a lot taller than a river could be deep at that length it is now, but just in case I can make an additional column that can be placed seamlessly underneath it.

Good idea :goodjob:

Cheers,

TOYB
12-10-2006, 11:22 AM,

Hope this is in time:

Maybe you could make it from actual stilt-strider shell/s?

Your original drawing would be one shell and add more as you need...

That way the shell part would be chitin texture, and for the remainder your would be deciding what the support material might be... from more chitin, stone, wood or metal.

Given that chitin is very strong (apparently stronger per weight than iron) and light it would be ideal material. And we already know that the size of the structure works for the material. We also know that the dimensions are adequate as we have walked through such shells.

Imagine the early proto-Redoran Velothi seeing the landscape strewn with the shells of these giant beasties. Solves two probs = cleans up lanscape and creates bridges.

edit: remembering the story about light armor from a texturing point of view I suspect that you might want to lacquer or varnish your shells to keep them in good condition, and there might be an occasional forgotten or neglected bridge with cracked and peeling chitin...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
02-07-2007, 09:18 PM,

Some dunmer ship concepts...
Felix WP
Self inflicted fractures.
I replace my bones with bars.
Aluminium,
Bleeding oxide.
The drug of Gods into my pounding veins.
02-07-2007, 09:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by fwp_coder
Some dunmer ship concepts...

Thanks, it looks really great!
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-08-2007, 02:44 PM,

I have some weapon concepts lying around my house. Though they are not great pictures but should give you an idea of what they are. I will find them and upload them as soon as i can, 2mora i hope.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
02-15-2007, 12:06 AM,

Thanks =)

More Redoran ship concepts Big Grin
Felix WP
Self inflicted fractures.
I replace my bones with bars.
Aluminium,
Bleeding oxide.
The drug of Gods into my pounding veins.
02-15-2007, 05:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by fwp_coder
More Redoran ship concepts Big Grin

Hey, that looks fantastic! :goodjob:

If it's still open after the next public release I'm so going to do that one pronto Big Grin

I remember that you asked me some time ago to send images of Dunmer docks from TES3. At that time this thread had slipped my mind, as had the reason I requested concept art for the docks. I was reminded of why recently when looking over Soluthis, which so far lacks a big dock area. Here is an image of what the Dunmer docks in the old game looked like:

[Image: th_DunmerDocks.jpg]

Som synes ?r det i stort sett bara fiskebryggor. The small docks in the image have already been made though (by SACarrow), and they're great for small villages but they can't realistically be used for a large port. There weren't any large seaside Dunmer towns in the old game, which could explain why Bethesda never made large-scale docks for that culture. There was Vivec, but the only port in its vicinity was the Imperial docks in Ebonheart.

I think we should keep the wood element of the small docks though, so that the large docks becomes a much more intricate wooden structure. Thanks in advance!
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM,

Hello, I'm new to the boards. Concept art would be my two cents since I'm nigh no good at modelling. The docks project sounds like a very interesting challenge, I'll give it some thought. Meanwhile, about the houses of the Empire: being a Warhammer fan I immediately thought of the Warhammer world Empire's buildings, pretty similar in overall look to those of Tamriel but sporting some very interesting additional tidbits. You can view them here. Of course I realize that so much detail might be a bit of a challenge for the modders, but maybe a couple of good ideas can be pulled from there.

Cheers.
MoonRover
03-13-2007, 06:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kuukulgur
Hello, I'm new to the boards. Concept art would be my two cents since I'm nigh no good at modelling. The docks project sounds like a very interesting challenge, I'll give it some thought. Meanwhile, about the houses of the Empire: being a Warhammer fan I immediately thought of the Warhammer world Empire's buildings, pretty similar in overall look to those of Tamriel but sporting some very interesting additional tidbits. You can view them here. Of course I realize that so much detail might be a bit of a challenge for the modders, but maybe a couple of good ideas can be pulled from there.

Cheers.

Excellent, looking forward to your concept! :goodjob:

Thanks for the tip about those houses, I might borrow a few ideas from them.
Angel mired in filth
03-14-2007, 07:45 AM,

Here's the dock concept, based on Hlaalu architecture:
Concept
Birdseye Sketch
I think it is unlikely to have a unitary dock style in Morrowind as there is no single dominating architectural style. All the Great Houses have their own style and docks should be no exception. However there were already Telvanni docks in Morrowind, most notably the ones in Sadrith Mora, so I think no need to invent anything new there.

More on this concept: I think many Hlaalu architecture bits already present in Morrowind could be used, for example the towers for dock watchtowers, and the arches (with some modification) for the dock arches. The arches over water should be tall enough to allow large ships to pass through.
Also something I though of after digitalizing the sketch: the arches could have numbers of piers on them.
MoonRover