Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for concept artists
03-14-2007, 07:55 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kuukulgur
Here's the dock concept, based on Hlaalu architecture:
Concept
Birdseye Sketch
I think it is unlikely to have a unitary dock style in Morrowind as there is no single dominating architectural style. All the Great Houses have their own style and docks should be no exception. However there were already Telvanni docks in Morrowind, most notably the ones in Sadrith Mora, so I think no need to invent anything new there.

More on this concept: I think many Hlaalu architecture bits already present in Morrowind could be used, for example the towers for dock watchtowers, and the arches (with some modification) for the dock arches. The arches over water should be tall enough to allow large ships to pass through.
Also something I though of after digitalizing the sketch: the arches could have numbers of piers on them.

Thanks Kuukulgur, it looks really nice and I might model it later on, but I don't feel we can have Hlaalu architecture in a Redoran city. Could you make a concept of a Redoran harbor?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-14-2007, 09:35 AM,

My bad Kuukulgur, I was thinking of the other thread (The harbor in Soluthis) where I requested concept art for a Redoran harbor, while the thread you replied to indeed had the older request of a Dunmer harbor, not specifically a Redoran harbor. Your concept for a Hlaalu harbor is perfect both from an artistic and technical viewpoint and, time permitting, I will do it when development on our Hlaalu-style capital has come further. If no other modeller on the team beats me to it that is, which they're very welcome to do. But although I would give the Hlaalu harbor my full and earnest attention I'm personally very anxious to get a Redoran-style harbor for Soluthis, which is a bit of a conundrum for me because I can't for the life of me picture a Redoran harbor that would look credible. But you might? *crosses fingers*
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-14-2007, 10:31 AM,

Sure, I'll give it a shot =)
MoonRover
03-14-2007, 10:48 AM,

Thanks man! Smile
Angel mired in filth
03-14-2007, 10:59 AM,

Hey there people,

I am not a good artist but i have a good imagination, is there anychance i could help out with some concepts. After a long, long, long time away from drawing your skill is lost to you. =)
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-14-2007, 12:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Hey there people,

I am not a good artist but I have a good imagination, is there anychance I could help out with some concepts. After a long, long, long time away from drawing your skill is lost to you. =)

Certainly! Maybe you can tie it in with Dumac and create concept art of a Dwemer artifact?
Angel mired in filth
03-16-2007, 07:13 AM,

Here's the Redoran Docks concept:
Concept
I got to admit, Redoran docks are pretty hard to imagine. They are more of an inland people and their architectural style matches that. After some thought I decided to take after the structures and bridges inside the Ald Skar.
The large bridge connecting the docks portion to the mainland is just a placeholder - I saw some great Redoran bridge concepts around and I think one of those could be placed there.
MoonRover
03-16-2007, 12:29 PM,

Excellent!

I'll get started on it soon Smile
Angel mired in filth
03-19-2007, 09:14 AM,

I'm game. Just post some pictures Of what your looking for and what would been nice changes. I'll give you simple drawings for many directions.
04-05-2007, 11:29 AM,

Anything else? Me fingers are twitching :yes:
MoonRover