Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumac City: SIGN UP
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM,

Can ya edit this for me:

Shadowcore to Danaran
Utterly Crazy Writer of Dumac City
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM,

:check: done. welcome back, i'll see if we can get some stuff you can look over, edit, ect. I gather you're still into lore and stories?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-01-2008, 08:56 PM,
any chance I can be put as a modder?
06-01-2008, 09:02 PM,

Excellent! I'll put you up right away. Things are a *bit* disorganized around here, if you'll forgive me, but just list some of your interests, and i'll see if i can suggest/organize some claims for you.

If you're decent with scripting and quests, you could take one of the 4 tests to enter the city, or if you like interior layout, you could start on the city itself.

Dumac's short on dedicated modders in the CS, so there's plenty of work, just ask if you can't find something to do.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM,

Thanks. I havn't done much in the way of quests or scripting, so could I help out with the interior?
06-01-2008, 09:28 PM,

Sure! Got a good imagination? What we need right now is laid out very basically in Dumac Layout.

The tests require scripting/questing, but all other areas are completely open. The amazingly detailed map i made Big Grin shows roughly the size of each section. The positioning will be done when we hook everything up.

Just indicate an area of the city you would like to do, and i'll try to come up with a guideline for it (or you could submit an idea yourself, we're very flexible)

I am eventually going to post claims for every city-section when i have more time, but for now if you'd like a specific section to work on, i'd be happy to take some time and write up a guide for how large it should be, what models should be used, references from Morrowind, ect.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-01-2008, 09:33 PM,

I could work on the industrial area, if that's ok. Does the industrial area has factory like stuff in it?
06-01-2008, 09:36 PM,

Yup. Factories, pipes, manufacturing stuff, all those cool machines that do the weird spinny things. Magma and catwalks are always a nice touch, as are open shafts.

I'll draw up a draft for it sometime today, and see if i can get you some screenshots of what to put in it.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-01-2008, 09:37 PM,

Thanks, machines are something that I like.
06-02-2008, 10:43 AM,

I'll throw my two cents in as making quests, interiors and other things. Anything related to CS, I suck making textures or models Big Grin

But I'll need some help with scripts, so far I've done just the basic ones related to quests and simple activators.
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!