Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from the zelda inspired OB mod team and some Q's
08-02-2005, 12:52 PM,
Hi from the zelda inspired OB mod team and some Q's
hi,

after reading your post on what you would want as the perfect submitted file i have some questions. Recently ive started moving form concept art to modelling on the oblivion mod we are doing. We have some models, but no way to export them to .NIF from 3dsmax6. Can you facilitate this until the tools become available. Or maybe point me into the direction of tools already available.

Also our mod is looking like its going to be a total conversion but the idea of having all of our content in your resource seems like a good one.

Ill also be happy to answer any questions about our mod.
08-02-2005, 01:15 PM,

:goodjob:

If you convert the model to .3ds format, I should be able to import it into my 3D Studio Max v4.2 and from there, export it to NIF format. That?s assuming you want to use it in Morrowind; I doubt the converted NIF files wouild be compatible with Oblivion. Once the game is released, I?m sure Bethesda will release a 3ds converter for the new format as well.

Feel free to post the .3ds files as attachments in this thread. You?ll probably need to zip them first due to the file format restrictions. Looking forward to checking them out!

Oh, and a tip is to keep Nintendo in the loop so your mod doesn?t constitute copyright infringement.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-02-2005, 02:39 PM,

i have 2 models, they both about 500-700 polies, do i have to do nething else to make them work morrowind wise? someone said something about resiziing......

notice the sheath aswell, lol our mod team only remembered OB has sheaths last week, lol. I still have to the master sword sheath tho.

ill ahve to send the full files another time, im abit busy right now.

Also about the copyright issues, we have like a full backup plan for that ( name changing and such) the mod wont feature Link or Zelda heavily either.
08-02-2005, 03:11 PM,

They look very nice Smile

I haven't made a sword myself but from what I've read, the thing about any object meant to be held by the player is to make sure the alignment and rotation of the model is accurate. Otherwise he might end up holding the blade with the handle behind his back, or look like he's about to stab himself. But as long as the model looks good, I'm sure you can tweak the final things after the Oblivion 3ds converter has been released.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-02-2005, 03:42 PM,

yup, Ill save it all till the mod takes off and we have like a whole pack of content to send you i guess.
08-02-2005, 03:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by smartkyle
yup, Ill save it all till the mod takes off and we have like a whole pack of content to send you i guess.

We'll see what happens to my little Morel idea. I think it had it's time.
Angel mired in filth