Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCC0201 The Temple of Silgrad City
05-20-2009, 11:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by FireDrakeArchon
The temple exterior will be built around the layout I create, right? Because if it is, then I think that I've about got the layout down.

Good question! Personally I don't know what the plan is. But since we'd need a fresh and likely unique model for it, I think it would make sense to make it conform to your layout. At the same time it could be easier for a modeller if he could base his work on TES3 models, which he could use as threedimensional concept art while he works. I wonder if the building assembly from Silgrad Tower's (the city's) exterior in our old mod would fit well enough with your current layout? If so the work would be rather straight-forward.

The exterior building hasn't been registered as an open modelling claim. I've got a lot on my to-do-list so I would be grateful if a claim could be added to the thread by someone who knows what to write in the job description, and of course even more grateful after that if someone went ahead and modelled it.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-20-2009, 12:47 PM,

well, I've got to go to school right now, but when I get home, I'll try to upload my current layout.

-FireDrake[Image: obliviongate.gif]
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
05-20-2009, 04:00 PM,

The temple exterior will be built around the layout I create, right? Because if it is, then I think that I've about got the layout down.

Quote:From the OP
The exterior will be modelled (*) after you finished the basic lay-out for the Temple.

(*) We'll put a request in the visual dev. board for a concept art sketch.

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
But since we'd need a fresh and likely unique model for it, I think it would make sense to make it conform to your layout. At the same time it could be easier for a modeller if he could base his work on TES3 models, which he could use as threedimensional concept art while he works.
I agree.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-26-2009, 11:23 AM,

Unless I've missed something the only information a modeller would have to go on is that the exterior building is of Velothi style, and an unsubstantiated guess that the design of the exterior model would be based on the modded layout and not on any other references. There's quite a few missing pieces of the puzzle before anyone could get started on creating it.

Can you confirm if that's true or not, sandor? What base area measured in points should the exterior Temple building have in order for it to fit with your city layout?

The exterior of the Temple in Silgrad Tower (the city) in our old mod was assembled from blocks. Would the layout FDA created fit inside such blocks? And if so - which would they be, and which position rotation and scale would they have? (Because with that information a modeller can import a 3d concept art into their program.) If on the other hand FDA's layout is very different then using such 3d concept art wouldn't be a good option for a modeller.

Once I know the facts then for the time being I'm sure I can make at least a rough version of the Temple, so that it can be incorporated into the city layout.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-26-2009, 04:31 PM,

Thanks for your advise/input. Smile

I would like to base the new models more or less on the ST TES3 models with one exception because of FDA's lay-out. IMO it's possible to use building blocks.

I'll send you a proposal via PM including the base area sizes.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-26-2009, 05:10 PM,

The layout is almost done. I'll definately be able to do alot more once school is done in 4 days. Really, I just need to link the different parts and do some clean-up to make sure there are no gaps. I do think that it may be a bit different from the TES3 layout, on account of there isn't the same pieces to work with (i.e. the large room set and pit set), so it does differ a bit. It has three domes, one in the main area, and two on the sides, behind it, like a triangle. The one over the main area is higher also. But as visual examples are better than textual, I'll try to have the layout as soon as I can

Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
05-26-2009, 05:24 PM,

Thanks for the update. Smile

It has three domes, one in the main area, and two on the sides, behind it, like a triangle. The one over the main area is higher also.
That's exactly what I had in mind, but in one line, I like the idea of a triangle.
So we use a triangle. :check:

The main dome is the exception I mentioned in my previous post.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-03-2009, 03:37 PM,

Temple WIP #1

Hey, there it is! About time, right?

06-03-2009, 03:53 PM,

Thanks for the update! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-04-2009, 04:32 PM,

Very nice work, the lay-out is excellent! :goodjob:

I fixed a duplicate cell error, please use the attached file to continue with your modding.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD