Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCC0201 The Temple of Silgrad City
06-05-2009, 05:50 PM,

The duplicate cell was the drothan manor one, right? That was a mistake. You did see the whole layout in the cell "ST0201dontuse" or something like that, right? I think that layout is the one that the modeler should use when making the exterior. However, a large question I have, is how we're going to have the city available for visiting in the next release. I was looking in the area where the temple would be, and I saw nothing but the city walls.

-FireDrake[Image: obliviongate.gif]
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
06-05-2009, 06:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FireDrakeArchon
The duplicate cell was the drothan manor one, right?
No.

You did see the whole layout in the cell "ST0201dontuse" or something like that, right?
That was the original cell in the esm which you renamed in the esp.
Then you created another cell with the same name as in the esm (SilgradCity0201) hence the duplicate error.

If you want do that, rename the cell to something like "SilgradCity0201Main".

However, a large question I have, is how we're going to have the city available for visiting in the next release.
In the past we opted for an open city model but that's FPS wise not feasible.
So I started to transfer the city to child WS's and noticed a fading problem with the exterior tileset.

I discussed it with Razorwing and we found a solution for the problem.
So I have to redo everything because the walls and house configurations changed e.g. we're going to use single piece models (WiP by Razorwing).

For ST v3.0 I'll add the Slums and Riverside district.
Depending on your progress I'll prioritize on modding the Temple child WS.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-12-2009, 08:22 PM,

Here is a quick concept I made of the Temple compound in the city of Silgrad Tower. It's not meant to look good, but rather to show the proposed layout and dimensions of the buildings and surrounding wall system so that they can serve as tangible reference points for further discussion. I'll then make a fresh start on the compound, using the concept and the feedback on the concept as a guide for making the first real wip version.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-12-2009, 09:02 PM,

Hi Razorwing. It is hard for me to get a good idea of the finished product. But I was wondering how high those walls would be surrounding the domes? Should the domes be a bit higher above the walls?
06-13-2009, 02:22 PM,

The lay-out looks fine as discussed via PM, I think the main dome should be higher.

@Zurke
The architecture will be based upon the TES3 version (first screenhot).

The main building will be replaced by the larger dome.

The domes can't be VWD so we decided to place the temple into a valley (hide it). The PC enters add the highest point of the child WS and he/she can see the temple complex from above.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-15-2009, 11:25 AM,

Zurke: The walls are 512 points tall, with an extra 256 points added as a sort of basement level on the outside, on the off chance the player would otherwise be able to peak inside the gap. The walls on the inside are 640 points tall. In other words the outer wall is roughly as tall as four NPCs stacked on top of each other.

sandor: Okidoki I'll append another 256 points to the main dome's height.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM,

I've more or less completed my work on the compound, and thought I'd share a few NifSkope images of how it turned out. To get a sense of scale, the wall system occupies one whole exterior cell and the steps descend close to 11 metres in total. As you can imagine the dirt is only there for render purposes so that you get a sense of where the ground will be. The facecount of the walls and steps is roughly 12 000.

I'll make the buildings tomorrow.
Angel mired in filth
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM,

Looks great. It is canton like in scale.
07-07-2009, 07:29 AM,

Very nice! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-07-2009, 07:30 AM,

Thankyou sandor Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Looks great. It is canton like in scale.

I attached a size comparison of a canton next to my temple building. You're right that both the Vivec canton from TES3 and my temple are cell-sized, it's just that the cells aren't the same size in the two games. The temple has a quarter of the canton's base area and a third of its height.
Angel mired in filth