Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumac City Lore
03-05-2007, 02:52 PM,

No problem :goodjob:

Keep the ideas coming

Dwemer are supposedly know as dwarves but this isn't true as stated they are elves and are the same height as the normal races, though they share some of the traits as dwarves like living underground.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM,

I`ve seen some pics where they had ,many facial hair, like dwarves. link:http://til.gamingsource.net/dwemer/dwemer-image.jpg
[SIZE=20]Never give up, Never surrender.[/SIZE]
03-06-2007, 09:24 AM,

Hmmm i have seen this before, yeah they looked like elves but had large beards Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-06-2007, 01:07 PM,

It has been brought to my attention that we know all this stuff Big Grin

So i ahve changed the name of the thread to Dumac City Lore and that is what we will focus on from now on, I really appreciate the effort and the interest but if this is know there is no point in talking about it agian.

So lets get to the Dumac Brainstorming :yes:
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM,

In the early days after the vanishing of the Dwemer no one dared to come near the ruin of the once great city dumac.
Only some came close to the ruins many of them explorers and treasure hunters, others archeologists. Of these men almost no one came back, and the ones that did......... where all mad shouting the rarest things like this, A explorer said: I needed to eat my boots because tiny little sheep were eating off my toenails!!!! Whole groups dissapeared, whas this because of starvation, bandit attacks maybe, or was it something ancient waiting in the old ruins and mines of Dumac....

Now, many years later you are at the doorstep of Dumac. Mybe you will be the one that will find the long lost secrets within the long forgotten caverns. Or will you become as mad (or dead) as everyone else!!!!!!!!
03-09-2007, 05:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shadowcore
In the early days after the vanishing of the Dwemer no one dared to come near the ruin of the once great city dumac.
Only some came close to the ruins many of them explorers and treasure hunters, others archeologists. Of these men almost no one came back, and the ones that did......... where all mad shouting the rarest things like this, A explorer said: I needed to eat my boots because tiny little sheep were eating off my toenails!!!! Whole groups dissapeared, whas this because of starvation, bandit attacks maybe, or was it something ancient waiting in the old ruins and mines of Dumac....

Now, many years later you are at the doorstep of Dumac. Mybe you will be the one that will find the long lost secrets within the long forgotten caverns. Or will you become as mad (or dead) as everyone else!!!!!!!!

Nice idea somehow the disappearence and insanity of those who entered Dumac and go hand and hand with the Synthesis Machine
Maybe those who entered tryed to use it without understanding what it was or how it worked and the results were death or insanity

Big Grin

Rumours from the town folks of near by villages can elude to this and give cause for the player to want to check it out, maybe even talking to one of the crazy's who had been their, though their information can be garbbled nonsense something they tell you could give the player a sense of truth and intrigue

:goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-10-2007, 12:12 AM,

Thoughts: Bulky and blocky, with a hopper at one end and a platform for finished product at the other. Some dials and glowing Dwemer things on the machinery itself. Maybe some gears and a steam vent to allow for an idle animation. The governing script could look for proximity of the necessary objects and if present, "eat" them and produce the finished product at the other end. The scripting thoughts are based on my MW experience; don't have any OB experience yet.

Later,
Steve
03-10-2007, 09:02 AM,

you should discuss that in the concepts plannings thread
03-12-2007, 12:56 AM,

Hmm maybe you can find the journals of adventurers (before they became insane) and they will provide hints as to how to avoid the numerous traps that dot the ruins. Of course these journals should be well hidden, some having come into the possession of the towns surrounding Dumac, and some resting with the corpses of unlucky adventurers. Maybe we can include a half-eaten boot...

Prehaps some of the rarest and hardest to find journals should relate the unsucessful experiements with the synthesis machine, revealing what NOT to do. Another idea, maybe if you use the machine wrong you are afflicted with something similar to drunkeness (there's already an inebriation mod, we can use that)

Maybe bandit groups could inhabit the outskirts of dumac, not daring to venture into the active ruin.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM,

you could do that but there must be parts of the diaries not readable because
of blood or oldness (or bookworms) so you don't know everything a nd later you find a diary of a archeologist or of a dwemer where you read the full story