Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order of Icarian Flyers ST-MISC-01
03-03-2007, 07:36 PM,
Order of Icarian Flyers ST-MISC-01
If you remember from Morrowind as you left Seyda Neen heading north a Bosmer named Tarhiel will fall from the Sky and die. On his body you will find 3 Scrolls of Icarian Flight

This quest will bring this Spell back as part of an Order of Mages called the Icarian Flyers

The Order will not be joinable

The purpose of the quest will be to assist this order in perfecting their spell by finding the necessary ancient texts

The quest giver will explain how though, the spells work many of their members have fallen to their death because they can not seem to find the proper text which will reduce the rate of decent.

03/07/2007

This quest is now open for discussion

Quest ID: ST-MISC-01 (silgrad tower-misc-01)

Background:

The Icarian Flight Scroll is an Easter Egg of Morrowind there are only 3 in game and the are found on Tarhiel just north of Seyda Neen

Tarhiel was (supposedly a reference to the North Carolina Tarheels Basketball team)

Tarhiels Journal:

I believe I may have found the correct formula for the spell I am developing. With it, I will be able to travel great distances without the need to pay others for the service.

If all goes well, I will test out the new spell tomorrow. I believe I have worked out all of the possible complications. It will allow me to leap great distances, covering many hundreds of miles. Never before has one been able to travel in this manner: vaulting from the ground, sailing through the sky, all without that terrible disorientation of a spell of flying.

The time is almost upon me. My research is finished, and all of my calculations are checked and rechecked. They laughed at me when I suggested this. We'll see who laughs after I leap to the top of their towers and scream out my success.
Current:

Tarhiel was a member of an Order called the Icarian Flyers, their were 6 members in all, 3 of which have met the same dismay as poor Tarhiel

The membership is exclusively Bosmer

You will find the Order of Icarian Flyers in Steadhelm, one of the members hangs out in the mages guild house, he will be the quest giver, the other 2 members the player will meet in the QG's home in steadhelm

Needs:

3 Bosmer NPC's 1 female, 2 male
1 book
1 house (for QG, Sandor has been given this information in brief form)

****A place to hide the book and some ideas of what we need to go through to find it.

****A spell Simply called "Icarian Flight"

( I have played around with this in morrowind and the values of Jump and Slowfall should be just right to get it to work nicely)

it is not needed that the jump value be set at 1000 as the MW scrolls are, but they should at least be sufficuent to make it a nice reward

Basic:

Meet NPC in Steadhelm Mages Guild
NPC gives background
Player asks about Order
NPC requests meeting in home
Player meets other NPC's
Each NPC will have something to say about the Flyer Order
and tell something about the dimise of the late members
NPC will request assistance
Player agrees
Search for book
Find book
Return book
reward- spell learned

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-09-2007, 03:07 AM,

Really nicely done! Would make a unique quest.
Semper Fidelis..... - Always Faithful (Marine Corp Motto)
03-09-2007, 03:25 AM,

Unfortunately, there's two problems, both related to how the game is coded.
1) There is a limit (i think it's hard coded) to how much you can increase your acrobatics, even through spells. I belive it's somewhere in the 200s or so, which is not enough to allow you to jump over walls. Yes, people in oblivion can't jump.

2) Even supposing it were possible to use awesome scripting to work around the slight problem of jumping, what if a player tried to jump into a city? In morrowind, fine, but in cyrodiil, every city has its own worldspace, and it isn't appreciated when you a) try and jump into a city that's just a bunch of cutouts, or b) try and jump out of the real city, or onto houses with no havok.

I hate to be a realist, but someone's going to have to work REALLY hard for this to happen. Can't just fortify acrobatics 1000 like the old days.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-09-2007, 03:32 AM,

Right about now I would love to discribe my feelings with the use of extremely colorful words

But I will refrain

What the heck were they thinking (Beth) X(

But this should work in Silgrad... Yes?

03-09-2007, 03:44 AM,

Yes, I think that all of Silgrad (And I think BC too) will have open cities.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
03-09-2007, 05:09 AM,

Well at least all hope is not lost

So it will be a matter of figuring out how to disable this once the player enters into the Cyrodiil worldspace

Thanks for the good new WW and thanks Seniosh for the important info !

Enjoy
Bob

03-09-2007, 10:56 AM,

I think there's a jump spell, and Silgrad will have open cities. Not sure how much the Jump spell can do though, and we'd have to make sure it wouldn't work in Cyrodiil. We can also script our own spell effects.
03-09-2007, 06:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I think there's a jump spell, and Silgrad will have open cities. Not sure how much the Jump spell can do though, and we'd have to make sure it wouldn't work in Cyrodiil. We can also script our own spell effects.

So a spell learned probably wouldn't be a workable reward

We can script an Item and the script might be a bit complicated Confusedhrug:

So my first request would probably be to get a script written which we attach to the item and this will allow the player to use the Icarian Flight within the Silgrad World but dis-able it once the player leaves or enters the Cyrodiil World

Of course if this can not be done then its on to plan B which I don't have yet Smile

Enjoy
Bob

05-19-2007, 06:47 AM,

your idea rocks man :deal::deal::deal:
05-21-2007, 08:08 AM,

The SHC42 (Steadhelm42) has been finished and could be used for this quest.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD