Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress......
03-14-2007, 08:57 AM,
Progress......
Well i have started on the forst level of Dumac City as show in an image Bob196045 gave me. I do not have all the models needed yet so i will have to make requests but at least i can plan the areas out.

[Image: normal_Building%20entrance%20level.JPG]

I will request a few exterior buildings so i can get started on it as well. From now on all progress made will be posted here.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-15-2007, 10:29 AM,

Well thats the entrance level layed out, some parts will have to be swapped out like the middle where the pipes are, i
will start to request more pieces so this level can be finished before i move on to anywhere else. The three images show the progress that was made over the post yesterday. I have not even started on the exterior becuase i need models for that so it will have to wait.

[Image: thumb_Dumac%20Progress%201.JPG]

Bob196045: I have One question for you, Are there any homes within dumac city?

If it was a city that was once lived in then there needs to be homes that look as though they have not been lived in for a long time. Oh i have an idea for the placement of the talking sword, though this is not the right place to post it but anyway, i will place a statue and in the statues hand is a sword, the player can activate the sword and pick it up, when the player does so the sword will awaken and the talking spirit will be released from its slumber.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-15-2007, 02:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow

Bob196045: I have One question for you, Are there any homes within dumac city?

Well, without stepping on toes. cause I know someone will say "OH NO Bob your wrong"

The City itself is considered their home. TES Lore eludes to the dwemer living underground, I don't necessarily agree with that, but to stay within lore as close as possible. It would be easy enough to build underground as city consisting of homes, their is a model or 2 within the exisiting MW Construction Set that can be precieved as a home and I have used them in that manner, I posted a screeny somewhere I can't remember (Its old age) Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-15-2007, 02:54 PM,

Great, need to plan a few levels of homes and shops and whatever they had while living. Maybe we could place these between puzzle levels or mines.
03-15-2007, 03:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Great, need to plan a few levels of homes and shops and whatever they had while living. Maybe we could place these between puzzle levels or mines.

That sounds good

Having a place between the "living area" and the "work area" like an ore mine or other type of area would work just right !

Enjoy
Bob

EDIT I couldn't find the post, so I took another Screeny, I used the "ex_dwrv_ruin40" for this and re-textured it, (I'm probably going to re-texture it again), theirs no doorway on this ruin so I had to modify the interior wall segment piece, manuver it around and doorjamb and door...but if your going to make new models then it should be easy enough to make this model with a doorway, if its decided to use this type Smile

Enjoy

03-15-2007, 08:03 PM,

I'm not the best at dwemer lore, having never played morrowind, but i'd say there have to be at least a couple believable houses and shops. Prehaps something akin to underground cantons? (the things in vivec). It would look really cool if there could be a bunch of houses, prehaps the residential section is what you encounter after you get through the tests.

Maybe too there could be a way to get into and out of residential, bypassing the tests provided you had a key... I mean dwemer guys didn't just do 4 tests to get in and out of their own cities.

But after residential comes power generation. All the behind the scenes stuff, that exists in real cities, out of sight. Lots of pipes and confusing machinery, prehaps some exposed lava on the lower levels. Awe inspiring stuff. If you've ever seen the engine room of an aircraft carrier or battleship, that's what i'm talking about. Heavy machinery Big Grin

Then, branching out from residential and power generation is the mines. Giant sprawling mines that go deep underground, where ancient things lie dormant.

Also, there needs to be a military compound relatively close to the civilian parts.

In general, the residential should probably be the hub of the city, and should not be confusing in layout (like a city) The military place is near the residential section, to better defend the city. The power gen should be around and below the residential, and be slightly more confusing. And lastly, the mines are the lowest, most confusing and creature-infested part of the mines.

That's just how I envision an actual dwemer city.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-16-2007, 08:53 AM,

I have requested that door in the development thread so hopefully we will get a new door.

I agree with you Seniosh, any ideas on how the levels will be set up. An army barracks would be a nice touch since they had to be protected by something other thatn those towers. Hmmm giant mines, nice idea again there.
03-17-2007, 02:12 AM,

I'll do the mines at some point, if you want. They'd probably come last, if you want to hook them up realistically to the other levels. (you'd have to take into account the entrances, exits, the height, and the distance)

The question is really how to make the mines. The small caveset is what's usually used for mines, but it just doesn't seem dwemer. It's too cramped and grey. When i think dwemer i think grand - large volcanic tunnels full of equipment. Some large caverns, large drops, plenty of ramps and scaffolds to climb. Nothing in oblivion is like that. no moldcave or anything *crys* the caves are just so cramped... I remember walking into morrowind caves, and you'd be in this gigantic room, running on wooden platforms to tunnels at multiple levels. now THOSE were caves. Oblivion seems cramped. i don't dare wish for anything like a recreation of moldcave, or the creation of dwemer mines, but a simple expansion to the small caveset to allow for holes and caverns would be VERY nice. currently there are no ceilings higher than 10 feet (approximately) And no way to get a vertical shaft (without improvising heavily)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-21-2007, 09:01 AM,

I have no problem you doing the mines, do them anyway you see fit.

Though i think more open areas would be nice, so knock yourself out, oh and i will get you some shots of the level you took up, it will not have to be the same, so your ideas are welcome.
03-21-2007, 12:20 PM,

I think it would be great to have mines within the ruins, thiers dwemer tileset pieces that transition from walls to caves which would work for bringing the cave system to the interiors

Having a mine would make it a bit more realistic for the Dwemer appearence as they did mine ore. Having working constructs doing the mining woulf be cool to see

Enjoy
Bob