Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs Taken/To Be Done
04-18-2007, 02:44 AM,

Ok, to recap the past 2 weeks for you, we got the stuff from Sahardoom's mod, and RideWithTheWind is working on exterior pieces for Dumac, such as several tower varieties, and such.

The list of models has been updated to properly reflect what we have and what is being worked on.

Quite a lot has happened, so check out the dwemer progress thread, and the correspondence between dumac and dagoth (lit thread)

I'm also learning to model, just to fill the gaps, so hopefully i'll get some stuff done as well
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-18-2007, 09:53 AM,

Thanx the recap helped, i noticed quite a few things happening and i am very pleased, the interest now is amazing.

Any tips about first time modeling, also i am learning to retexture.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-18-2007, 07:34 PM,

Hmm.... well i'd suggest picking either texturing or modeling to work on first, because trying both at the same time would be insanity... We DO need texturers though, so it wouldn't hurt if you learned to texture.

If you want to model though, get either blender or 3DS max 8. there are tons of blender tutorials online, and 3DS has some free video tutorials on the website. A note - the .nif exporting scripts for 3DS 9 are bugged, so collision won't work. That's bad... so get max 8 if you're going with 3DS.

Oh yeah, is anyone interested in making some concept art for a dwemer bed? The ones in morrowind really bugged me, cause they looked like crap, and completely undwemerish. So if possible, a couple models, maybe rich, poor.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-19-2007, 12:48 PM,

Got Blender and the Noob to Pro tutorial, i also got GIMP for my texturing, will try both but focus on the texturing.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-19-2007, 08:07 PM,

Awesome! Dwemer textures are probably a good place to start, cause many things are just made of plain metal. Of course for all i know about texturing that could be hard, but logically it makes sense.

Also, RideWithTheWind is going to need some textures for his models, so whatever bethesda used for the towers needs to be recreated by someone (doesn't have to be you) If you're interested, i've got a link to all the dwemer models and textures in morrowind (not including tribunal)

There wouldn't happen to be any dwemer texture resources for OB would there? I found a scarce few for MW, but i don't think they're really that usable... Oh well, we can make our own i guess
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-20-2007, 07:48 AM,

I actually pm'd TheImperialDragon with some remade textures that Koldorn done for me before the mods merged, they were recreated originals and looked amazing, ask him for them, i'm sure he has them lying around.

Also i could take a look at texturing dwemer stuff but i can't upload them, no net at home still and i can't upload in college.
04-21-2007, 12:21 AM,

Yeah, the file from rapidshare was deleted, but not the one on my computer. Big Grin I'll PM you the link to Koldorn's textures. There are also other textures in the Vis. Dev board, Ghogiel made a number of the ones I'm using.
04-21-2007, 12:53 AM,

Awesome! i thought we had to start completely from scratch, but starting out with textures works better!

I can't download the files currently (not at my home computer) but i'll definitely take a look at them later!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-23-2007, 08:22 AM,

Thanks TheImperialDragon :goodjob:
05-17-2007, 08:39 PM,

Ok, so i figured that i have a lot of free time, so i may as well learn to model by doing dwemer pieces. One problem though - most of them are really really boring. They look like the model 1950s american kitchen, and it's really bland.

For example, here's the drawers from morrowind for the Dwemer. Notice how it has absolutely no style at all. It's a piece that wasn't used very often in ruins, because you can't do much with it. WE, however, will be using these often, because we are making a city. Thus they shouldn't make your eyes bleed. Bethesda got the heavy industrial part of the dwemer down right, but when it came to the regular stuff that actual dwemer would use? They just copied the 1950 sears catalogue.

Please, i am begging for someone to make concept art that just adds some interest and character to the usual dwemer chairs, shelves, drawers, cabinets, stoves, ect. not anything insanely cool, but just something that is less boring and more exciting.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala