Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs Taken/To Be Done
05-17-2007, 08:53 PM,

I think the idea was for it to be cold and bland, like the dwemer were like souless machines, everything they had was made of metal, hard and lifeless. At least that is the impression I have of it

and as much as I want to bring in a sense of life to the Dwemer
I really wouldn't want to change that feeling about them.

So even if we give them homes outside of the "traditional ruin" and add in reminders that they too had wives/husbands and children and actually lived a life outside the walls of constructs and astrology we can probably still do that and leave the player with the "cold, hard, instatutionalized feeling"

does that make sense?

in the case of the shelves, maybe by just changing the textures to give some uniquesness to a particular area might do it Confusedhrug:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-17-2007, 09:15 PM,

Well i'd say i'm more interested in exploring the idea of Dwemer as a cultured civilization often recast as soul-less by afraid and jealous dunmer. But if you think we should keep the dwemer soul-less Confusedhrug: less interesting maybe, but prehaps easier to do.

I just prefer to think of the dwemer as a great bygone civilization. They should have culture you'd think. Some of the architecture is based off of persia, i'd think bethesda just got a bit lazy with the models.

Lets see what Insanity says shall we?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-17-2007, 09:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Well i'd say i'm more interested in exploring the idea of Dwemer as a cultured civilization often recast as soul-less by afraid and jealous dunmer. But if you think we should keep the dwemer soul-less Confusedhrug: less interesting maybe, but prehaps easier to do.

Well I think we are talking about the same thing but maybe just not writing it the same, I agree that we should show the more civil side of their lives, but I hesitate to change the industialized feel of their society too much

I think once we can get some of the items needed and can all look at an interior home and say "yes" this is it, it will probably be easier.

I just prefer to think of the dwemer as a great bygone civilization. They should have culture you'd think. Some of the architecture is based off of persia, i'd think bethesda just got a bit lazy with the models.

Agreed

Lets see what Insanity says shall we?

Smile
Bob

05-18-2007, 12:07 AM,

Yeah, i think we're saying basically the same thing. I'm all for machined, industrially produced furniture, just not horribly bland furniture.

There is definitely a potential here for furniture that you can TELL is factory made, yet because of it looks uniquely awesome. Unfortunately, the only way you could tell that drawer was industrially produced was because it was metal. It didnt' even look industrial really.

So i think i agree with you when i say we should make them look like an industrial society that just didn't like their minds turning to slush from boredom.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
05-18-2007, 08:41 AM,

I agree, though as long as we only add a little here and a little there it should make it interesting without ruining the feel of the Dwemer.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
05-18-2007, 07:42 PM,

so anyone want to do concepts of how to make the furniture and stuff more exciting but still dwemeri? Cause i can't draw or scan things.

Even suggestions would be nice.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
05-18-2007, 08:07 PM,

In the interests of saving time and getting this underway faster, I experimented a little bit:

I won't take credit for the models, but some look pretty good with so-so textures I think. (They are ST's models)
05-18-2007, 08:12 PM,

You did those? Cause i've got models like those from sahardoom. (table, stool, and shelf) The model i was going to try and do hasn't been done yet, and also, we'll need rich versions of these, because we will have to do the council chambers.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
05-18-2007, 08:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
You did those? Cause i've got models like those from sahardoom. (table, stool, and shelf) The model I was going to try and do hasn't been done yet, and also, we'll need rich versions of these, because we will have to do the council chambers.

I can send you the retextures and you can decide which ones you want to use. I will import the ones you want into the mod via ESP.
05-18-2007, 09:01 PM,

I like these :goodjob: