Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Issue with Ebbedin Modding
03-31-2007, 01:55 PM,
An Issue with Ebbedin Modding
Hi. I'm afraid to mod anything for Ebbedin right now, because my master file has been upgraded to include the shivering isles content, which makes me afraid those without shivering isles will have problems using it. What do I do? Should I hand it over to TID? ?(
Lol what?
03-31-2007, 02:07 PM,
RE: An Issue with Ebbedin Modding
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Hi. I'm afraid to mod anything for Ebbedin right now, because my master file has been upgraded to include the shivering isles content, which makes me afraid those without shivering isles will have problems using it. What do I do? Should I hand it over to TID? ?(
If you want, I can check if there's problem (version conflict), send (PM) me the file/download link.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-31-2007, 03:28 PM,

I'll wait for sandor to OK it. I'm not sure about all this version conflict stuff, it shouldn't be a problem just as long as nothing from the expansion is used (I THINK!). BUT, I think we will be using Shivering Isles for the mod at some point (Golden Saints, creatures, clutter, foliage...), so I can't tell you how to proceed.

I don't have Shivering Isles yet, so...
03-31-2007, 03:39 PM,

I havn't touched the esp with the new Oblivion.esm yet, so it should be fine as it was with the older version.
Lol what?
03-31-2007, 03:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
....it shouldn't be a problem just as long as nothing from the expansion is used (I THINK!).
I agree with TID, but it's a new esm, let's see what happens.

I havn't touched the esp with the new Oblivion.esm yet, so it should be fine as it was with the older version.
Then make a test version (with the new SI esm) for checking and send it to TID and me.

It's better to be sure and keep a backup.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-31-2007, 06:56 PM,

With the file depending on the SI esm there were many errors during the loading process of the CS.
Conclusion: Stick with the original esm (for now).

I get the SI expansion next week, so I'll recheck this problem.

I also checked the version depending on the original esm and got a few loading errors, I'll check that later today and discuss it with TID.

Keep in mind that you have to comply to the following:

Quote:Originally written by Razorwing
Important. Every two weeks, or every week if you work intensively, send a copy of your work-in-progress esp to sandor so that he can check it for technical errors. The Construction Set is insidious in the way it lets you mod without noticing any technical errors; you can even playtest it and it'll work just fine, but even then, a technical bug may have crept in. If the bug is left in for too long it can become very time-consuming to correct it, or in worst case means your esp can never be merged. By sending wip esp's on a regular basis you can avoid that situation. You don't have to worry about explaining anything when you send the wip, because sandor won't review it until you're finished -- he will only check for techical problems in the esp file.

Especially avoid ticking vwd checkboxes in your esp, and also be sure to mod dialogue in a different esp than your main one. Generally speaking it's always better to send several smaller esp's than a single big one whenever you can, depending on the overall size of the work you're submitting of course.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-01-2007, 12:17 AM,

Sorry.....

For now, until there is something I can do, TID is in charge of the development.

This may be a big issue when half of our modders have the new esm and half have the old one.
Lol what?
04-01-2007, 04:27 AM,

Perhaps we can recommend modders to copy and rename the Oblivion.esm before installing Shivering Isles, and use the copy to mod from? Then it'd just be a matter of changing the dependancy from "Copy of Oblivion.esm" to "Oblivion.esm" as the very last step before sending it in. Would that work?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-01-2007, 05:05 AM,

Probably not, because ST is reliable on Oblivion.esm, and changing it for modding would probably cause serious damage to the game.

The only way I can see is if a few people do all the work, which won't happen, or we will need to incorporate ourselves into SI. I guess it wasn't a decision, but rather forced on us.
Lol what?
04-03-2007, 12:47 AM,

Probably not, because ST is reliable on Oblivion.esm, and changing it for modding would probably cause serious damage to the game.

My suggestion would work because the plugin works on a copy of the same Oblivion.esm Silgrad Tower uses while still allowing the modder to play Shivering Isles.

For now, until there is something I can do, TID is in charge of the development.

The core team has noted your resignation as mayor of Ebbedin and are discussing the next course of action. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]