Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim: Ebb02 - Craighton's General Store (Old Discussion)
12-02-2006, 10:16 AM,
Claim: Ebb02 - Craighton's General Store (Old Discussion)
I'd like to place a tentative claim on this. My modding experience is a bit lacking, this would really be the first project I've worked on of any real substance. Only other things I've done are minor retextures of armor and weapons, and making a set item script that leveled up with the player. Confusedhrug: Nothing major, so if someone with more experience decided they wanted to take over the claim I'd quite happily withdraw my claim.
12-02-2006, 01:57 PM,
Uh, about that basement...
One thing I totally forgot about was the basement. When you mod the basement interior, go ahead and use the existing interior pieces. I'll do slight mods to them to produce basement pieces; the only placement warning is don't put anything on the walls higher than the top of the lower wall, 'cause I'll be matching the wall heights to the lower wall. Don't know when I'll get to that, but I will try to get a trapdoor out fairly quickly.

Later,
Steve
12-02-2006, 03:06 PM,

Granted! :check:

There's no need to make any unique models for the basement. Tou know the cave tileset used in the beginning with some minor stonework in it? That's what I want to be used.

And don't be afraid about taking claims, it's a learning experience which only makes you a better modder. :goodjob:

Now, his bedroll, I actually want that moved down into the basement so he won't wake up as easy if some...more cost effective people were to walk in in the middle of the night. He sells mostly poor stuff. With merchant NPC's, be sure to leave a chest floating below the floor, mark it as owned by him, I think you may need to toggle the persistance, and then go to craighton and there are a few tabs. find the one that underneath it has "Merchant Chest" or something along those lines, and select the chest with his stuff in it. He is just a basic salesman, selling miscellaneous goods, some weak armor and weapons, maybe a few potions, and whatever else you could think of.

Oh, and, Welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:jump: :wave: :jump:
Lol what?
12-02-2006, 03:15 PM,

So my interpretation is that I don't need to make basement interiors; is that correct? What I will do then is a trapdoor to place inside the shack, if that is not a problem.

Later,
Steve
12-03-2006, 11:40 AM,

Alrighty, I'll start on the store soon, just got to finish off a couple of other things and my slate's clear for more stuff to work on. I'm getting the impression that it shares a lot in common with Fatleg's Dropoff in Morrowind's Hla Oad, yes? Simple shack, lots of crates filling the space with random clutter scattered across the remaining area, rough wooden table for a counter, etc.?
01-21-2007, 12:03 AM,

Update?
01-21-2007, 04:06 AM,

Egh, I completely forgot about this as a matter of fact. I've been stuck with so many problems lately that I haven't had time to work on it. I've got the basics of the claim put together, have to add the AI for Craighton and pathing.
01-21-2007, 05:29 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Tal
Egh, I completely forgot about this as a matter of fact. I've been stuck with so many problems lately that I haven't had time to work on it. I've got the basics of the claim put together, have to add the AI for Craighton and pathing.

That's alright, hope everything works out for you.

Thanks for the update. Smile
02-12-2007, 03:16 PM,

ARGH. My ESP was mauled by gremlins, I lost the entire main cell and most of the pathing. Grrr. Not amused. Also, those basement tiles are tricky to work with. All kinds of wierd sizes and shapes. Not to worry though, I'll have it all sorted out again soon.

I hope. :poorme:
02-12-2007, 06:02 PM,

Take your time. Just, don't forget entirely about it.
Lol what?