Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The House of Earthly Delights - Quest
04-15-2007, 05:07 AM,
The House of Earthly Delights - Quest
I just thought of this quest, sort of inspired from a quest from that Fable game.

In TES3 Suran, there was pretty much a strip club called the House of Earthly Delights. In TES4, the player can go to Suran, but will find the building with a forclosure notice on it. You go inside and talk to Desele, who runs the club, and she will say "Greetings sir. If you've come here expecting something, you're out of luck, we're being closed down. We just didn't make enough money for us to stay open, and we're 5,000 gold in debt on our rent." So then you offer to help raise money, or not and leave it as is, but you go out to find 5,000 gold if you don't have enough already. You go back to Desele with the money, and she will say "You really managed to get enough gold? Amazing! Now we don't need to close. I'm tired of managing this place though, been nothing but crazy drunks and financial issues. You can have it, you look like you can run this place better than I can. Do whatever you want with it, it's yours." So then there will be some sort of document, and when activated it will ask what you want to do with the buisness, whether you keep it as a strip club or something else. You will have options, or say decide later so you can think about it more or just leave it in a state of limbo. You can also get advice of what you should do from the people around there. Anyways, if you choose to keep it as a club, you will get some of whatever money is made, about 100g weekly or something, but you need to stop in every week and ask your Khajiit bartender person for the profits. Or, you can choose to make it some sort of store and earn 100g every week again, with the same Khajiit working there too to give you the money. Or, you can turn it into some sort of minimal profit buisness that helps people in some way, like a healer or homeless shelter or something and earn almost nothing. Whatever you choose will affect what buisness it becomes, and you will get all of the benefits of that buisness, like goods at the store, donations at the shelter/healer/whatever, or viewing pleasure and free drinks at the club, or something more explicit if you want to take advantage of Oblivion's mature rating.

How is it? I just kinda randomly thought of it, so it's nothing much.
Lol what?
04-15-2007, 05:57 AM,

Sorta maybe like Mafia joint where you can hire mercenaries sell drugs sell weapons sounds neat. Add a basement with like a storage room henchmen room your room and the Vault.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-15-2007, 06:54 PM,

its actually a very good idea...
I like the entrepreneurial theme we have in this mod...

what with this Suran's House of Earthly Delights, a business in Vivec, etc. The player can really submerge him/herself into the average life of Vvardenfell economically... a part of gameplay that doesn't get touched upon so much...
prudent decision making, money exchange, and benefitting from an overall raise in a town's disposition to you... such things that would result from being a well-liked and successful entrepreneur on Vvardenfell, but aren't really explored as possible ways to play the game in Cyrodiil of TES4 Oblivion
01-05-2008, 05:43 AM,

Sounds like you can become a Pimp. If I am not mistaken, the HED (House of Earthly Delights) ALWAYS had people in it. Going out of business due to lack of customers doesn't seem very likely, unless there are other stipulations.

Perhaps the Hlaalu (being Imperial supporters) are cleaning up their towns, including slave trading (perhaps quest-line for that slave-shop in Suran), corruption, and hedonistic spoils (I.E. HED). That's just my opinion however, it would ultimately be up to the rest of the community and ultimately-ultimately up to the people who code them Tongue

Just a thought.
:banana: <(It's peanut-butter jelly time!)
03-17-2008, 08:37 PM,

I like the Hlaalu crackdown idea, and perhaps you could get involved in trying to 'save' HED. Maybe it even escalates to a kind of 'moral crusade' by Imperial/Hlaalu officials, with you as the owner charged and sent to the courts. And theres always the option of illicit slave and skooma trading Smile

I really like this 'entrepreneurial' theme. Maybe the House of Earthly Delights could be an expansion of your Vivec business? i.e it goes up for sale, and you decide to take up on the offer, competing for Imperial contracts in whatever you do, bribing local customs officials.....

Another thought, would brewing be a good feature? Wouldn't be too difficult to create if we asked someone who made brewhouse or the other mods, but I personally think that brewing mazte and exporting it to the IC would be great Big Grin
Writer, Ideas, Concept
03-17-2008, 09:32 PM,

This is a good quest Idea

But I do not agree with the Hlaalu "Cracking down"

They may be puppets to the Imperial dictators but they are in it for the money, if it makes money then lets do it.

I do agree with Colest, the HED was fairly popular with travelers it is unlikely they would go under due to poor patronage

Unless another place opened which gave them fearse competition

or

Desele got into more debt and couldn't get out of it this time

We are unsure why she gets into debt but that could be for an interesting story as well

maybe she has an underground gambling joint and she cheats, and maybe she was caught by Manos Othreleth (the person she owed the money)
maybe this is hush money ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-19-2008, 10:34 PM,

Well I suppose your right about the cracking down idea. Unless there was some dodgy business regarding skooma.... or even a Temple campaign against them.... just throwing ideas round Big Grin

Nice ideas with why she owes money. The gambling one sounds best IMO, there could be ways for you to 'sort it out' Wink Being a hitman in return for 'unlimited access'.

Although I was thinking about the running of the business.... it would work, but at the same time the content we would include would affect our audience, and hence where it would be hosted. So we'd need to be careful regarding the 'running' of the business.
Writer, Ideas, Concept
03-20-2008, 09:16 AM,

Yes, the Temple Idea would work, their is very little in morrowind regarding temple activity. Its assumed I guess that the temple (various followings) have a standard percentage of patronage. But like RL not many go around claiming their involvement.

It would make for a few good quests to have some actual mission based quests for the temple, it would make sense that after the Nerevarine some of the Tribunal Followers might have fallen off the carriage.

A practice among religious factions is to have a revival mission to increase those numbers, possibly this could be a way for them to do it by

"cleaning up the streets" as you might say this would typically appeal to those who are older and liked he way "things used to be"

Lets campaign to get rid of the bordello's in Vvardenfell

Desele's place can be at the forfront of the opposition

plots aginst her place can be things like

The shipment of "beverages" was tampered with and all the drink was watered down

One of the dancers is missing, it is feared she was kidnapped

patrons were being beat up outside the pub as they left for the evening

someone broke in and trashed the place

... several things can be done and after all this Delsele can claim to surrender and offer you (the player ) the place

or as the player, you can be asked to investigate these happenings and stop it

or if your a member of the temple you can be asked to take part in it

many things can be done ! Big Grin

THEN thier is the gambling route, the hitman idea works well.

As far as running the business, their could be a few "gathering quests" to go out and talk to certain higher ranking persons to gain their following, and with that the following of their members, each different NPC may have something "special" they would like to see in your establishment, it could be possible to have these different needs added to your club

then their will be the ones who just do not want these types of businesses in their town, those places can either be payed off or muscled out

enough of that for now

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-20-2008, 04:30 PM,

I really like the idea of a 'revival', although I must wonder, would this revival take the form of a new practice of teaching? With 2/3 of the Tribunal gone, then a new philosophy could arise. Something like worshipping their ancient glories, or remembrance of days that were. Something that could tap into Nostalgia for an independent Morrowind?

Yeah there could even be something to do with new books etc being widely circulated that begin to criticise the Temple, their teachings, generally all that the Temple does. Could even be pamphlets distributed that deny the Tribunal's divinity.

The question of Deseles could be a kind of striking point between lenient laissez faire factions within the temple, and stricter ceremonial factions. The player could exploit those divisions to save Desele's, or equally destroy them and destroy Deseles.

Deseles might even become a focus for Island wide questions about morality, society etc leading to direct intervention by the legion. Although that might be a bit too much of a quest for people who just want a place with strippers Wink

The idea of different needs sounds good..... Skooma & beast races sounds like a plan :lmao:

Running of the business would be difficult to implement, as reallistically a business would require 24/7 devotion by the PC.... maybe you go into business with a partner?
Writer, Ideas, Concept