Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb16 - House (Old Disc)
07-18-2007, 12:10 AM,

im a big dwemer fan Big Grin. can i claim?

oh, and i have a question. im new, and i need to know if im only limited to the house, or could there be an ascociated ruin in the future, possibly incorporating the orrery, or the fact that the orrery is an official bethesda plugin, and not everybody has it, rule that out?
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
07-18-2007, 01:21 AM,

Welcome to Silgrad Tower! =)

Sure, go right ahead. Smile Make sure you look at sandor's article on getting started here, and have fun.

There's was a quest planned for this interior, there's a link in the OP if you're interested.
07-26-2007, 08:30 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FireDrakeArchon
oh, and I have a question. I'm new, and I need to know if I'm only limited to the house, or could there be an ascociated ruin in the future, possibly incorporating the orrery, or the fact that the orrery is an official bethesda plugin, and not everybody has it, rule that out?

Sorry, I missed your edit. You are not limited to the house, not in the sense that you can't add on to it after you're finished. When you are finished the actual house, we will merge it to the main ESM, you will be able to continue from the main ESM after that. If you want to discuss your plans, we should probably do so now, then we can plan on how it will come together.

We can't make a mod dependant on an ESP, so what you ask involving the orrery is technically impossible as Silgrad is an ESM and the orrery is an ESP.

If you want to claim a ruin as a separate claim, you can certainly do so.
07-27-2007, 10:48 PM,

well, i was thinking of a simple quest, involving some form of retrieval mission in a ruin, but those kind of missions are so commonplace. the reason i asked about the orrery is because there were quite a few of those observatories on vvardenfell, and you'd think there would have been a location where their findings were archived and displayed, and i was thinking those could be used in the mainland. basically use the meshes and make something asscociated with it, but it looks quite different from the regular ruins in TES:3, and the ruins being modelled for Dumac. It could be like an undiscovered ruin, but the person living in said house had recently discovered it, and has asked you to explore it. I could elaborate more, but i dont think that we could use the official mod meshes and textures, and i think what imtalking about goes under quest development. ?(
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
07-28-2007, 03:59 AM,

Keep in mind the occupant of this house could end up either in jail or dead depending on the outcome of the current quest (see OP) - unless there's a quest sequence? Sort of like the two brothers in Chorrol?
07-28-2007, 06:26 PM,

well, i read the current quest, and its the smuggler who gets canned or killed, not the collector. Also, that sequence bit could work in somehow.
07-28-2007, 06:41 PM,

Just IMO. but receivers of contraband tend to also find themselves as involuntary guests of the Empire. Smile

Steve
07-28-2007, 06:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FireDrakeArchon
well, I read the current quest, and its the smuggler who gets canned or killed, not the collector. Also, that sequence bit could work in somehow.

I guess I misread the post. Still a good quest though. Big Grin

Sure, elaborate on your idea, I'd like to hear it. Quest dev would be the place to post it, so I'll keep an eye out for it there. Wink
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM,

How's the claim going?
09-01-2007, 07:29 PM,

well, ive got the interior base done. some decoration, but nothing fancy. since school started on the 27th, i dont have as much time as before.