Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb16 - House (Old Disc)
11-23-2007, 08:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by FireDrakeArchon
just to let you know, the updated esp has been sent in.

Thanks, I missed that. Big Grin I'll reply later with my review if it is completed. If not, I'll tell you what still needs to be done.
11-24-2007, 12:22 AM,

Thanks. Smile

From now on, please use the latest ESM from the Source board.
Work from the attached ESP because I cleaned up the mod contaminations (vanilla OB changes).

black[/hr]

PHYSICAL

- Use more types of lights, like candles
- The interior is way to bright, I pointed out places where the lights can be either replaced by something less bright or removed entirely in the screenshots
- There are many repetitive instances of StFurnDunmerRichBench02F, I suggest replacing the one in the screenshot (near the alchemy table) with a stool like StFurnDunPoorStool02F, and the nearby bench beside the stairs can probably be deleted and be replaced with a carpet
- Make sure the objects on surfaces like the tables and shelf set aren't floating, press the "F" key on those objects
- Furniture is tricky because pressing the fall key "F" once doesn't always bring it to the floor; you may have to press it more than once for objects like StFDdunpoorchair01L
- Make sure the NPC doesn't walk through the chair railing of StFDdunpoorchair01L. If he does, then switch it back to the default StFurnDunPoorChair02F
- Put more stuff on the shelf near the desk
- Bleed (merge slightly) the top cushion in the pile into the bottom one slightly, it looks like it's floating a bit from some angles
- Add a few more objects to the display cases
- Don't worry about connecting to the exterior; I should have mentioned, I'll be doing that bit
- Lock the door and set the key

I fixed these for you:
- I repositioned the chest in the basement because it was bleeding into the wall
- I repositioned the urns in the basement because one was bleeding into the nearby cage
- I repositioned the bookshelf on the first floor because it was bleeding into the wall
- I repositioned the display case in the basement because it was bleeding into the wall
- I repositioned the crates with the chest on top further towards the wall since there's room and it blocked a pathgrid point

PATHGRID
- Near the stove, either move the stool or draw a path with more room, see the screenshot
- Connect the pathgrid point nearest to the crates to the one in front of the door
- The pathgrid point connecting the bedroom and the cage room could be moved more towards the middle of the entrance
- You don't need so many points in the desk and cage rooms.

NPC
- Give the NPC a -1 (unlimited) item count for a food item; he needs to eat something Wink
- Add StSrGenericDialsforST to the list of factions for this NPC; this will give him the right voice and dialogue

AI
- I think StFdEbb16RalasHlaaluMixPotions has the wrong location marker set, You probably meant StFdEbb16RalasPotionsMark
- Have you tested the AI in-game? What happens if the book the NPC is supposed to read is stolen?

DIALOGUE
- You'll want to set up a new "Quest" on the quest tab and set the dialogue up under there. There should be at least one unique greeting, one topic about Ebbedin, and one custom miscellaneous topic.

"I'm Ralas Hlaalu, collector of artifacts of Dwemeri origin. Nice to meet you."

I like that suspicious scroll in the basement. Big Grin
11-26-2007, 03:20 AM,

thanks, dude.

its really hard for me to do lighting on my computer, as it doesnt do it that good. for me to play with minimized lag, i have the graphics on very low. im gonna try sometime doing lighting on the machine i post from. do you look at these ingame? does the centurion(the "pest" problem Wink ) stay inside the cage? with the AI and pathgrids, this is the first time ive done them. i used Sparrow's house in ebbedin as a reference for my AI. what did i change in vanilla OB?

-FireDrakeArchon
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM,

its really hard for me to do lighting on my computer, as it doesnt do it that good. for me to play with minimized lag, I have the graphics on very low. I'm gonna try sometime doing lighting on the machine I post from.

I suggest minimizing the areas where the lighting overlaps. Those are usually disastrous for the FPS.

Also, when modding anything else in the interior, you can toggle "Bright Lights" by pressing the "A" key. The computer doesn't process ordinary lights when that's on so there's a lot less lag in the CS.

do you look at these ingame?

I haven't playtested your interior.

does the centurion(the "pest" problem Wink ) stay inside the cage?

The centurion should stay in its cage if you give it an AI package that tells it to stay at its current location. I think there's a Vanilla package called something like "aaaDefaultStayAtEditorLocation" which might be appropriate for this purpose.

with the AI and pathgrids, this is the first time I've done them. I used Sparrow's house in ebbedin as a reference for my AI.

You did pretty well for a first AI and pathgrid. Smile

what did I change in vanilla OB?

I can't remember exactly what it was - something in the Tamriel worldspace I believe...

I also removed the dialogue so you could put it in a quest. I posted the text in the above post.
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM,

yeah, i do all my modding in the CS with them on, except to see if the light does anything crazy. with the centurion, i had to scale up the cage it was in, though i havent playtested that part yet. the quest dialogue part, i dont know how to do yet, though

-FireDrakeArchon
Why do I have an oblivion gate at the end of my name? Because I come and go, vanishing for a while, to unknown places, far away... something like that.
11-27-2007, 09:43 PM,

the quest dialogue part, I dont know how to do yet, though

-FireDrakeArchon
A brief explanation:

Just click on the "Q" button up in the main toolbar, right click in the list of quests, add a new one and name it using your modder abbreviation, then click on the topics tab and create new topics (preferable in most cases) or use already existing ones (preferably only for GREETING). The rest is pretty straightforward, add entries and conditions in the field on the right.

The CS wiki also has an article on dialogue if you'd be interested in that.
12-06-2007, 09:16 PM,

How's it coming?
12-12-2007, 02:23 AM,

With the restart of the Summerset Isles, I'm going to stop working on this claim, so that it will get done. I'll stick around here, just wont do claims, as Summerset is calling to me....[Image: obliviongate.gif]

-FireDrakeArchon