Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple of Arkay, Soluthis [open for further discussion]
06-03-2007, 04:34 AM,

Idea

Eventually were going to have to get into some quests involving necromancers, so I thought of a slight twist for the higher ranked
member, during the course of quests and moving up the rank structure
the player will be tasked with bringing necromancers to justice

The Temple Priest will task the player to go out and capture (???named necromancer) but instead of killing the necromancer the player will be told to capture him/her and bring them back to the temple dungeon were they will be dealt with, when you find these necromancers you will have to fight your way through the undead and beasties which are typical but when you get to the necromancer they will surrender themselves and follow you back to the temple, a minor attempt to escape might make it look good.

When you return to the temple, dispatch the necromancer to the prison cell and report to the priest for your reward...

now the twist ....

each time you capture one of these named necromancers and bring him/her to the cell you'll notice that the other is gone, when you report this to the priest, he will say "he/she has been dealt with" and nothing more will come of it

However once you reach rank Invoker, you will being to hear strange rumours amongst the temple members about a large cult of necromancers who have been causing havok with nearby villagers

you'll be prompted to approach the priest and ask about the rumors and he will tell you that it is being taken care of,

but for some reason you do not beleive him and you are prompted to investigate...

through the course of your investigation you discover their hideout and you decide to make contact to discover......

the temple priest is the leader !!!

you battle against them and defeat them all, but before killing the priest he begs for mercy,

now you can kill him, which you would then have to prove your reason for doing so or be banned from the temple,

or you can turn him in,

which he will deny what you tell the authorities (again you'll need proof)

but in the end you prove his guilt and become leader of the Temple of Arkay

enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-04-2007, 09:10 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Something else - I'd like to try and stay away from the "Get Money" rewards, especially with the Temple Quest, they just don't seem appropriete.

With Temple Quests I would like to have more rewards which are in tune with the priestly services, like giving the player a better rep. or raising one of his/her skills by a point

Enjoy
Bob
I agree.

I like the ideas for quest #2 and 3.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM,

Sounds good to me

Along the lines of rewards, like I said I think money is overrated, but it is a necessary part of the game, can we do this

Suggestion:

From the time the player joins the Temple from ranks 1 through 4
the player will be given mundain tasks typical of a Temple Newbie
and for a reward they receive spells, potions, books, scrolls
etc etc... which will increase their status in the Temple, by teaching
the necessary abilities

Once the player reaches rank 5 and through rank 7 we can incorporate the necromancer quests and also bring in some healing, and missionary type quests

Also at rank 7 we can start adding in money as a reward and use it as payment for devotion, like a pay check, to be given at (???) intervals rather than by quest done. (this is how temples would normally work) the clergy would get payed based on the amount of offering we can set this at say 150 gold

We might even incorporate a quest to convert npc's and have them join the temple of Arkay in which case we can raise the payment by
10 X number of new converts (set this at 3 or 4)

Enjoy
Bob

08-26-2007, 02:30 AM,

Back to Questing

Along the lines of recruiting members:

Temple of Arkay Priest will tell the player once the player reaches level 5

Priest: It is alarming, the number of followers who have made pilgrimage to the Tribunal, we need to provide missionary services in order to bring back some of our previous followers and some new members as well.

Player Choice #1: Where should I begin
#2: I do not have time for this

Priest Response#1: Soluthis, begin their, go into every home and convince the people that Arkay will care for their needs and provide them with the sanctuary they desire.

Priest Reponse #2: Return to me then when you are more able.

Player #1 I will do it

Player goes out into town visiting homes, we should have standard responses for most every NPC's.

(Standard repsonse "I can not speak with you now about this, I am busy")

But for 4 or 5 NPC's, we should have a conversion response

The player will need to have a line to pitch and based on his/her (fame/rep)
it will determine if these 4 or 5 NPC's convert, once converted they will give an offering of some form to the player to return to the priest to prove their devotion

Player Pitch Line:

Arkay Welcomes you. The God of the Cycle of Life will protect you in your youth and comfort you in your death. Align yourself to Arkay and ensure yourself a place amoungst the Gods.

Player Repsonse (depending on fame/rep.)

NPC Repsonse#1: Begone with your Blasphemous Religion I will not join!

NPC Repsonse#2: This sounds interesting, but nothing more than what the Tribunal offers. I will consider it.

NPC Repsonse#3: Yes, Arkay is what I need, I should have realized this long ago, I hope I can be forgiven for my failure to see. I will join.

Player returns to the priest with proof of the conversions and is rewarded (??)

Enjoy
Bob

08-26-2007, 02:25 PM,

I like your proposal. Smile

I think the Player Response#1/2/3 should be the NPC response or not?

For the reward.
Perhaps give the PC a skill book.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-26-2007, 06:26 PM,

Ummm yup, that supposed to be NPC response oops Smile (will edit my mistake)

A skill book or an increase in Personality would suffice

Enjoy
Bob