Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple of Arkay, Soluthis [open for further discussion]
05-15-2007, 02:27 AM,

Howdy

Though its been known for monks to live amoungst the populace and within the confines of the Temple, typically they do not get involved in the day to day functions of Temple Life, now of course this varies from religion to religion but I believe within ES the Imperial Temples is based on the finding in our own Roman Catholic Religion. SInce I am not Catholic I couldn't say if their monks are involved or not Confusedhrug:

I like having them around actually cause their cool Big Grin

Rank Structure is a go then :check:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-16-2007, 08:20 PM,

Additon:

We have discovered that the Temple located in Soluthis will also contain a section for the Tribunal Temple

This agreement between the Imperials and House Redoran Dunmer was made in order to keep a respectable amount of peace between the peoples

So please include in the development of ideas some quests relating to or involving the Tribunal Temple

And a note of interest. the Temple Priests (Arkay and Tribunal) have a rivalry, so we may include this in some of the quests for some added flavor
Big Grin

Thanks and Enjoy
Bob

05-16-2007, 10:05 PM,

I thought that the tribunal temple was more like the roman catholic church. They care for the poor and the sick. But there's also a central leadership figure and (but in the case of Vivec more divine) and a persecusion (used to be until hiltler came) or at least an intolerance against some people with different beliefs.
05-16-2007, 10:44 PM,

I think all temples basically do that (care for the needy and sickly) unless thier just mean Smile

They both follow tradition and ritual

But their rank structure is different

for example in the Imperial Cult the highest rank is Primate, which is typically used in the catholic church for the title of archbishop,

While the Tribunal Temple uses Patriarch which is more of a tribal
name for father or chief

Other differences between the Tribunal and Imperial temples is simply the worship of different dieties, though some may cross over into other races
such as Mara and Stendarr (Cyrodillic Dieties) who are both worshipped by the Altmer

Tribunal Temple is devoted to Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil they also hold in reverance the "Good" Daedra Azura, Boethiah, Mephala as well as some others.

The Imperial Temple has their specific Dieties as well but do not by tradition worship any of the Daedra or the 3 God Kings, though you may come across an Imperial (Man) who has converted and the same applies for the Merish races

Also the culture of the Imperials is taken from our own Roman Empire (aspects of it at minimum) so along those lines their temple practices
would reflect the same.

and yes they both have some intolerance for the others.

Smile

Thanks and Enjoy
Bob

05-28-2007, 03:54 PM,

Any ideas for the second quest?

I like Trankintor's idea, but we should use it in a later stage (I would have to change a lot of stuff in order to comply to his storyline).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-29-2007, 01:47 AM,

I haven't really thought of this much

My first suggestion would be to have a small quest for the initiate to bring food and clothing to the mother of a recently born child.

Quest Giver: A woman has recently given birth, please go to the clothier and ask him to provide you with swaddling cloths for the child.

Player: I shall go

Player goes to the clothier and asks for cloth. pay for cloth and go to mothers house, give her the cloth and a blessing for the child, the mother will say "we are poor can you give us food for the child."

Agree to get food. Go to a local food store and get some items ( 2 or 3 ) should be enough, return them to the mother. She will thank you

Return to the temple, report to the priest, he will be pleased with you for showing mercy for the poor because you provided them with food as well

receive reward (??????)

What if you choose to not get the food

Player: I can not get you food for your child I am sorry

Mother: Thank you for the cloth now please leave us

Return to the Priest: He will thank you for getting the cloth, but he will also tell you he is dis-pleased because you did not show mercy on the poor woman

Receive reward (?????) less than what you would have gotten if you had got the food

Bob

05-29-2007, 02:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I haven't really thought of this much

My first suggestion would be to have a small quest for the initiate to bring food and clothing to the mother of a recently born child.

Quest Giver: A woman has recently given birth, please go to the clothier and ask him to provide you with swaddling cloths for the child.

Player: I shall go

Player goes to the clothier and asks for cloth. pay for cloth and go to mothers house, give her the cloth and a blessing for the child, the mother will say "we are poor can you give us food for the child."

Agree to get food. Go to a local food store and get some items ( 2 or 3 ) should be enough, return them to the mother. She will thank you

Return to the temple, report to the priest, he will be pleased with you for showing mercy for the poor because you provided them with food as well

receive reward (??????)

What if you choose to not get the food

Player: I can not get you food for your child I am sorry

Mother: Thank you for the cloth now please leave us

Return to the Priest: He will thank you for getting the cloth, but he will also tell you he is dis-pleased because you did not show mercy on the poor woman

Receive reward (?????) less than what you would have gotten if you had got the food

Bob
I like it. Smile
For the reward I was thinking of special potion.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-29-2007, 02:38 PM,

A special potion

&

Something else - I'd like to try and stay away from the "Get Money" rewards, especially with the Temple Quest, they just don't seem appropriete.

With Temple Quests I would like to have more rewards which are in tune with the priestly services, like giving the player a better rep. or raising one of his/her skills by a point

But I have no clues right at the moment

Enjoy
Bob

06-01-2007, 04:36 AM,

Quest Idea #2

The Eulogy

This would probably be suited for the lower ranked member

Basically a Noble has recently died and he instructed the priest to have a certain person write the Eulogy and deliver it in time for the funeral cerimony, it has not arrived and the cerimony is tommarow, you must go
to the writer's home in Soluthis to discover that he had sent his errand boy to deliver it, the writer explains that the errand boy has been known for being easily distracted and could be anywhere in town. but the first place to start would be at (name place)

So here it goes

We might have 3 or 4 places that the errand boy has been
select these places and pick an NPC to talk to who will basically say,
yes I have seen him but he is not here, try ???(the next place)

after you check all places you will be prompted to return to the priest
and tell him you can not locate the errand boy who has the eulogy.

The priest will be upset and tell you "allright then I will take care of it, and then he will ask you to dispatch a young begger boy sleeping in a pile of hay just outside the temple, when you approach the boy and wake him, he will exclaim excitedly, I must deliver the package, I am late !! I am late !!
Ask him about the package and you find it is the eulogy that you were after

Take it from him and deliver it to the priest who is now in the cerimony room.

reward. ?

Enjoy
Bob

06-02-2007, 03:31 PM,

Quest Idea #3

This one will play into the rivalry between the Arkay and the Tribunal factions

Most like good for the lower ranked members

Quest Giver: Temple Priest

Advent Candles (or in this case Arkay Day, whatever day that is set aside for special worship to Arkay, I think all the divines have such a day, I just dont know which it is)

I would like you to go to (xxxx the candlemaker) he was supposed to have delivered to us the Advent Candles for th upcoming Arkay celebration service.

Player goes to the candlemaker to discover that the candles had been delivered and signed for by "T"

return to the priest and inform him of the happening

he will looked concerned and incate he knows no one within the temple who signs with a "T" and ask you to look around and talk to the other members

speak with some of the members (2 or 3) and one of them will say it sounds like (xxxx) of the Tribunal Temple

report this back to the priest who will be furious and go on ranting about the tribunal temple. the priest will then ask you to discover who this "T" is

speak with some of the members of the tribunal temple who will be hesitant to talk to you, except one who is new and will say the person who brought him here said his name was (xxxx T) and he was in the prayer room, approach this T and ask him about the delivery, offer him something in return for the info and he will tell you that he signed for it and gave them to his temple(tribunal) priest

return to the priest(Arkay) and report this, he will thank you and reward you for your service. and basically say he would take care of it.

(this will eventually lead to another quest, when the player is higher level inthe temple)

enjoy
Bob