Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Cliffracer Extinction idea
05-12-2007, 02:41 PM,
F&F: Cliffracer Extinction idea
YES! now we can have racers and netches :bananarock:
Flying Creatures - Here is how!

[/hr]
i had an idea for Black Marsh that I think we can do for Vvardenfell's cliff racers

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
but that gives mean idea.. what if there is a sort of animal that there is a set number, when you kill all but 1 or all of them, then they will no longer respawn. However, every 5 months time another will spawn. Thus they can either be left alone and boom unnoticed, or go exctinct fast if you hate them

Since cliffracers probably breed fast, we can say every week, a new cliffracer spawns. However, the environment only has a set carrying capacity for an animal of the racer's niche. Thus maybe the MAX amount is 0-100, once it reaches 100 they will no longer spawn more till one is killed. If you kill (or NPCs help kill) all but 1, there will be no more respawn. If you kill all but two, they will rapidly respawn (like 2 per week instead of 1) because less competition for food and territory. And so since Jiub went on a cliff-racer killing spree... there'll be like 5 left... but leave them be and they will boom....
maybe we should also up the price of Racer plumes since it is said they are sought out for all different plumages and feathered decoration so now there aren't many cliffracers the plumes will probably be worth more?

Also I don't think it should apply to the small Cliff-diver and Morash Racer (sea-side and forest breeds respectively) since they are very much rarer and also non-hostile anyhow. They feed on fish and insects....
Also, I think we should have Ancient Cliff-racers.... gigantic ones that have survived for centuries and are now like quetzalcoatls... maybe there are say... 3 of them on Vvardenfell and one can be 'tamed' and be mounted?
05-14-2007, 11:18 PM,

How would this be done though, with a certain script or something? In the leveled creature list you can only apply a percent chance of spawn, and how every long they spawn but how would you make it so? Maybe if you were to apply a script that relied on more than one creature being alive to work, like it calculates the amount of creatures and there spawn time depends on this, also if the other creature was not there it would not work, but I have seen some complex scripts but none of this nature.
Founder of the Ocean Studios

Come join the Ocean Mod!
05-15-2007, 01:30 AM,

Yes, rideable cliffracers, that would be awesome!
07-24-2007, 02:22 AM,

Bump. Are cliffracers still in? I know that in Oblivion they say that they're all dead but as annoying as they were, something just wouldn't feel right without them. Plus, now that bows actually shoot where you aim, problems with them getting stuck won't be so bad... Just kill 'em in the tree :banana:

Seriously though, I'm sure we can come up with some reason why they aren't dead... perhaps they've adapted and breed super fast, or maybe there's a flock that lives on the peak of Red Mountain that Jiub missed and there's a quest to kill them, ending Kukulza's 5 month respawn time, so if you completely eliminate them from an area, they never return?
07-24-2007, 06:50 AM,

I do sort of agree here. I don't think it'd be right without them, in a way. They were (for me) another one of 'those things' which made the game what it was. Perhaps a few, but not as many as there were in MW, and ones that don't respawn as quickly, like Moryal is suggesting.
07-30-2007, 09:15 PM,

I'm with Dave on this one. It just isnt the same having those annoying racers around.
If someone could make a tree with cliffracers perched on the branches, and add some animation to them, that would be cool. And sounds of course.
Though, a mount would be great, you'd have to make it friggin' huge.
I have an idea, make a quest where you have to hunt down a giant cliffracer that is attacking a village, you finally find it, and kill it. Then you get a quest marker telling you to look in the nest for any treasure. You find an egg. After a month(or week) the egg hatches, and you have a baby cliffracer. After another week it is grown up, and you can mount it.
Then you can buy upgrades from a breeder or something.
1) a saddle
2) face cover
3) Wing tips
4) tail barb
And over time, it levels up getting faster and stronger.

But you'd need a way to make it attack. Or use the mounted fighting script, and have your character use a spear or something.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-30-2007, 09:29 PM,

I don't think it's in official lore that they're all dead. I heard it was a former dev who said that. I could be wrong though.
07-30-2007, 09:31 PM,

Maybe, I seem to recall something of that sort.
But, I think it'd be cool to implement them again.
07-31-2007, 12:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Tlo1048
But, I think it'd be cool to implement them again.
hahaha :lmao:

two years ago in TES3....

god damnit! someone better kill all of these friggin... oh crap there another one

in the present time....

I think it'd be cool to implement them again.

Wink well there'll be fewer of them now
07-31-2007, 05:17 PM,

Thank god, I hated those when they were everywhere.
But if there are fewer, Im all good.