Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple of Zenithar,Steadhelm [open for further discussion]
05-15-2007, 08:32 PM,
Temple of Zenithar,Steadhelm [open for further discussion]
Here we will open up discussion for quests related to the Temple of Zenithar will be located in Steadhelm

Some info on The Zenithar Pantheon

God of Work and Commerce

Zenithar is the deity of wealth, labor, commerce, and communication. His priests have shown that the way to peace and prosperity is through earnest work and honest profit, not through war and bloodshed. Zenithar is understandably associated with Z'en. In the Empire, however, he is a far more cultivated god of merchants and middle nobility. His worshippers say, despite his mysterious origins, Zenithar is the god 'that will always win'.

Blessing: Luck

Temple quests should come with increasing difficulty as the member rises in level and recognition, and should(but not necessarily) be related to the Dieties Sphere of Influence.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-15-2007, 11:41 PM,

The work aspect of the God seems to encompass a lot: fishing, carpentry, cooking, farming...

Is this God going to reflect all those different types of labor or are there going to be specific Gods and Goddesses for the various professions?

Or does work mean simply getting out doing something ... anything? And in that case, how would this God view beggars?

I can see them giving a helping hand to people in need but wouldn't a straightforward handout be against their philosophy. Sort of like - give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime
05-16-2007, 03:28 AM,

Howdy

I think the description of his sphere explains most of that

Earnest Work and Honest Profit I believe work being a general
statement for those who simply make an honest living

The duties of the priests of Zenithar most likely include grace and
mercy to the poor and sick

I would tend to agree with the latter,
teach a man to fish.... would probably be the Zenithar way

Enjoy
Bob

05-16-2007, 11:58 AM,

Ello,

just a thought but..

How about a quest to gather ingredients for a antidote for a cure to someone who is very sick. I know this can be coded into the game because i saw it in KoTN to get the Gauntlets of the Crusader. I think that would be a good, entry level quest.

my.02

Thanks
,Jeff
05-16-2007, 08:16 PM,

Howdy Jeff

That would definitly be a quest plan idea, many of the lower level tasks for the temple will (I hope) include ideas for providing some type of aid to the needy, and sick

:goodjob:

Bob

11-22-2007, 03:50 PM,

Here's A quick quest idea

One of the priests needs a rare book but it has recently been bought by a wealthy merchant he turns out to be very reluctant to hand over the book instead of gold he asks for a ring that increases your mercantile, but that belongs to a wizard who wants a potion unfortunately the ingredient is not native to morrowind so you must get it off a wandering traveller all he asks for is gold so then once you own the ingredient you work your way back to the merchant and finally the priest.
11-22-2007, 04:32 PM,

Good Quest :goodjob:

Lets add it Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob

11-22-2007, 06:53 PM,

In the part of the temple that I did(the chapel) I added 2 priests: a skooma addict and his friend who is a priest and got him to join the order to help him get rif of his addiciton. This might give an interesting quest where you either help get rid of his addiction (+rep with order) or help him to more skooma in exchange for money(-rep with order if they find out)
11-23-2007, 01:25 AM,

Another good one

We will add this as well

Enjoy
Bob

12-05-2007, 04:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
teach a man to fish.... would probably be the Zenithar way

This gave me an idea for a quest : observing and catching a petty thief in the act, and making a moral decision about how to act.

I had in my mind a poor khajiit who cannot find any work, and is stealing food from one of the local crops and stockpiling it somewhere in order to take to another town and sell. The quest giver informs you he suspects this and he wants you to investigate, as he's seen the khajiit hanging around a barrel suspiciously (which will turn out to be the storage barrel he's been hiding his findings in).

The player must observe the khajit from a distance after nightfall (similar to that seyda neen quest in morrowind if anyone remembers), who will walk up to a crop somewhere on the edge of town, and then start sneaking when he gets close. He will then sneak away and walk back to the stash barrel (in an out of the way 'back alley' or similar location not too far away).

The player has some options:
1) Catch the khajiit at any point in the act, at which point a dialouge will start with him begging not to report him to the authorities, that he has no money for food, sympathy etc etc. He'll then run off and hide near his storage barrel

2) Report back to quest giver who will tell you not to report him as they may have an idea - they need someone to tend to the grape vines outside the temple and help make wine, in exchange for free board and lodgings.
The player may find the khajiit who will first be all wary and 'leave me alone', but after making the offer the khajiit will calm down and be excited, and can be led back to the temple, where the player will gain good favour from the temple. 'You truly know the path of zenithar'.

3) At any point the player may alert the town guard, who will direct them to the captain of the guard for a small reward (50 or 100 gold) but less favour with the temple will be gained this way. The khajiit will be locked up (assuming theres a prison in town). 'There must have been a better way - will iron bars teach, or rather delay learning?'.

4) If the player kills the khajiit he will get a big frowning from the temple, and not gain any favour. 'One must not make rash choices and be alone in them, but communicate and let others share the burden of decision. These are words lain out by Zenithar himself'.